PDA

View Full Version : Lodgers are going next week!!

Booktigger
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Bit of background - last year, a woman at work I am friendly with said she was moving, and asked if I could look after her cats if need be and if I had room (she knows I foster). Well, obviously I said yes, and although her call came at a bad time (already had 4 cats), I said yes cos she literally had days to find somewhere. They arrived at the end of August, and *should* be going in the middle of next week. I will miss them, but it will make my life so much easier!!

Booktigger
12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Here is a pic of them

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/catbed.jpg

Mags
12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
They are beautiful BT and been with you quite a while......I expect you will miss them:(

Booktigger
12-02-2006, 04:47 PM
yes, I will miss them, and Spider (the tabby) has got used to sleeping on my bed, and they aren't allowed when they are back with their mum!! The youngest in my house after these have gone will be 11.

Donna
12-02-2006, 05:41 PM
They are lovely. Bet your house will be a bit quieter now when they go home.

Booktigger
12-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh yes - can't wait!! Am really looking forward to being down to 4 cats (only 2 are mine) - got to do some decorating in the cats room, and have some home imps done, then I can get more fosters. Must be a glutton for punishment!!

deester
12-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Aww they look so sweet, bet you will miss them too.

Booktigger
12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Not sure about that at the mo, Spider keeps picking fights with Pebbles. They have always had occaisional spats, but this past week or so has been every day :(

Booktigger
13-02-2006, 12:29 PM
WEll, just had a phone call off their mum, and she is relatively settled in the house, so is going to pick them up tomorrow night after work!!! Can't believe it really, they have been here for so long. Am excited for them though. Then got to pull the carpet up (not hard, htey have started it in places for me), varnish the floor, get the heating and windows replaced, put a few shelves covered in carpet on the wall and then am ready for the next foster. Will be nice to have a bit of a breather for a while, I do technically have 2 fosters, but they are both fully integrated and Tom has been here since 29 July (he is up for rehoming, but no joy so far, loads of people like him, but they either cant have a cat or they already have one) - Molly will be living her life out with me, so it won't feel like I have any fosters.

Kay
13-02-2006, 06:59 PM
It is nice they are finally going back to their owner and hopefully they will settle into their new home quickly. You will be able to get on with all those jobs but I bet you will miss them all the same.;) ;) ;)

Booktigger
15-02-2006, 10:24 AM
WEll, they went back to their owner last night, she had no probs with the cats and dogs. They didn't get any tea before they travelled, so they were more bothered about getting food out of me than seeing their mum! She gave me a thank you card saying that I made things so much easier for her, that is enough for me!!

Jac
15-02-2006, 11:15 AM
That wasso nice of you. I know how attached you get. It's not easy handing them back. Wouldnt be the first time Ive been in floods of tears:oops:

Booktigger
15-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually, I am good at not getting attached to fosters, and have never cried when one has gone to a new home - I must be an odd fosterer.

Mags
15-02-2006, 02:47 PM
It's nice that they have gone back to their mum at last BT......bet you miss them a teeny weeny bit though!

Booktigger
15-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I do miss them for a short while, but I don't normally have that long between fosters, so don't always get the time to miss them!! And when I know they are in a fab new home, it makes things a lot easier. I never think of fosters as mine, and I am always 'Auntie' rather than mum to them, might sound odd, but i think that helps a lot. I keep saying I am not going to have long term fosters cos of how much it ties me up, but the majority of mine have ended up that way!!