PDA

View Full Version : oatemals bleeding paw

CJK
10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I noticed oatmeal hobbling up the garden path about an hour ago, so i got him indoors and tried to look at his paw. He has either cut the pad or riped out a claw, but he wont really let me look at it. He doesnt seem worried at me touching it, more annoyed at me holding him down.
I managed to clean it with normal saline and spray some Dr Johnsons on it, but I cant get a really good look at where he has hurt it. He is putting weight on it now. HAve to wait until hubby is here tomorrow and he can hold him down while I get a good look with a torch ( being a black cat it's ahrd to see much).Theres nothing stuck in it

Should I keep oatmeal In tomorrow do you think just in case? Not sure if a trip to vets is called for, it was only bleeding a tiny bit, and as i said I cleaned it, If needs be i can dress it myself too, but It's not bleeding now.
Poor baby!!!!
if twix gets injured with small cuts n scrapes you wouldnt know it, but oatmeal always seems to get grumpy ( cant blame him) and sulk!

Fran
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Think I'd be inclined to keep him indoors at least until you manage to get a good look at it CJ.

Poor baby...hope it's nothing too serious :(

CJK
10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
well he putting weight on it and there no more blood so thats a start. thnik I keep him int hen until hubby and i pin him down tos ee what going on properly