PDA

View Full Version : Doc visited me today!!!!

Jac
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Phoned the surgery today, no appointments (what a surprise) anyway I said i needed a doc. I therefor needed a home visit. The reply was cant you come to the surgery? I said unless you want me there in my dressing gown, possibly. With that she said "are you the one with the bad back"?) I explained for the last few days I have been needing to see a doc. She then told me one would phone me back. (finally getting some where)
Well no call back! The doc came to the house:-P . He put me through my paces i can tell you:shock: .
My left leg has 3 per cent resistance and right 8 per cent. I told him it's been like that since a week past tues. He was not amused. He is going to have a word saying if I need a doc then I have to get an appointment. Oh and I have no reflexes in my left leg!
He gave me a pethadine injection and a prescription for Derek to collect. He is coming back in a week (sooner if I need him) for a review. If there is no sugnificant change Ill be getting refered to the nuro surgeons again....oops.
Please send me kind thoughts because the way things are going were going to have to sell up and get a house all on one level (at the very worst).

dinahsmum
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Please send me kind thoughts because the way things are going were going to have to sell up and get a house all on one level (at the very worst).
Tons of kind thoughts Jac
(and maybe the single level property is the best idea................stairs are really not good for skeletal problems.)

Glad the surgery has, at last :roll: , decided to look after you properly.

Take care x

Jac
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh thanks DH.

CJK
10-02-2006, 03:20 PM
SO glad you're getting somehwere JAC. You had pethidin and are stilla wake? Lol, makes me sleep for about 4 hours lol. but I guess you msut be in so much pain you really need it a lot!

hope it all goes well for you

yola
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Jac - all my best wishes for you and this horrible pain and hoping it diminshes really soon. As DM says - maybe running up and down stairs all the time is exacerbating the problem and a single storey house would be a better idea?

Lots of hugs and good thoughts . . .

Donna
10-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Glad you got to see a doctor Jac. Hope he is going to help you now. Make sure he does!! A ground floor flat or bungalow sounds ideal to me with your back problems, but hopefully you will make a good recovery.

Fran
10-02-2006, 07:51 PM
{{{Hugs Jac}}}

Glad you got somewhere with that surgery of yours at last...take care and get some rest!!

Moli
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM
So Pleased you are feeling a bit better Jac, just make sure you take it easy do nothing!!!!

Elaine
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Must be soo very frustrating for you. I hope you feel better soon. Lots and lots of well wishes xxx

Kazz
10-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Ohhh poor you, maybe a bungalow would be better for you, less strain and stress on your back with no stairs, I feel for you.........so kind thoughts coming your way.....kind thoughts....kind thoughts.....kind thoughts.....:-D

Please take care Karen

Mags
10-02-2006, 10:09 PM
So pleased that surgery of yours has at last taken some notice of you Jac.
I really hope they can sort something out for you to relieve your pain...
Take care.....and rest! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jac
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm getting reviewed nest week with the viview of going back ti the nuroligists and an MRINcsan. Fingers crossed.

CJK
11-02-2006, 04:33 AM
hope it all goes well. What about getting a stair lift put in? you can get some pretty compact ones these days, am sure it wouldnt cost as much as moving, not sure if you can get help getting one or not.
Just an idea,
but really hope you get something sorted soon, it must be so difficult for you to maange even everyday things we all take for granted.

Jac
11-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Thank you all so very much. We talked aout it last night. Th options are going for a bunalow or putting in a conservetory with a down stairs loo. Will let you know what we decide.

dinahsmum
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
That stairlift idea mightn't be such a bad one? Can you get an Occupational Health assessment to get some financial assistance with the installation?

Jac
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Will I did when I had to have the bath removed and a walk in shower put in. Who knows?

dinahsmum
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Will I did when I had to have the bath removed and a walk in shower put in. Who knows?
If you don't ask, you don't get. Sounds like it's worth a punt?