PDA

View Full Version : Taking a short break and worried/anxious

Elaine
09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi folks
Am planning to take a short break at the begining of next month and am getting very worried and anxious about leaving the cats. We will only be away for 5 days and a good trusted friend will be staying here to look after them but I am still worried.
I worry that something happens to my old boy, Winston, and I am not here to comfort him. My friend is currently in training to give him his meds etc and have drawn up a rota so she doesnt get mixed up with any of them. She is a nurse so she should be ok with all that.
I worry that Eva will upset herself and give herself an upset tummy, have ordered some probiotic supplement and bought Hills sensitive tummy food for her. O/H and me have never been away together in years. Any time one of us has been away for any length of time she has upset herself so much and had the runs, am hoping she has grown out of this a bit.
I am not as worried about Bernie as he is very adaptable and laid back but I do worry that my friend cannt control the introducions as we do.
I worry, I worry, I worry.
Maybe I just shouldnt go but this trip is a very special one and is also to help some one dear. O god the more I think about it the more anxious I am getting.
What do you all think? Should I just cancel?
I was also going to talk to the vet about it on monday, just so they know that if anything does happen my friend can run them to the vets and I'll pick up the bill when I get back.

Kazz
09-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I know its hard try not to worry though, I am sure things will go well and your friend will spoil them.;) Enjoy your trip.:D

dinahsmum
09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Absolutely don't worry.
They will be fine (or they will be 99.99999999% guaranteed to be fine)
I understand how you feel, and was the same before putting our pup into kennels.
Cats love their homes and will be content to wait for you.
Have a good time (the best) and don't fret!

yola
09-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Elaine - that is one of the reasons I've not had a proper holiday for 5 years - I fret so much when I leave the cats with anyone other than my Mum - and it's not fair to ask her to spend 10 days alone in my house - so neighbours who the cats know will be popping in. I've left them a long list and phone numbers an medications but still my mind is fastforwarding to coming home and I've not even gone!!

Your cats will probably be like mine - just fine. They'll kip and enjoy the peace and quiet!! OK - they might wonder where you are, but I think they are such adaptable creatures that all will be well.

Donna
09-02-2006, 02:58 PM
They will prefer to be in their own familiar home with a friendly face helping out than in a cattery for sure. Dont worry.

Elaine
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanx for all your reasurances.
O/H and me havent had a holiday together since Winston became ill. I just worry my friend wont cope with the routines. A friend from Perth has been very good and said to give my friend her mobile and home numbers. Thats made me feel better as she said if there is anything, she is only an hour and a half away and that my friend can call her any time for advice etc. I thought that was very nice of her.
O/H says I worry too much;)