PDA

View Full Version : Cages/Pens

Booktigger
07-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Can anyone suggest a good place to buy one? I was going to get the one at £50 from ARgos, but am wondering if I can get something the same/better for a similar price. I got a refund of £69 last night, so that is my budget, so if I can get a better quality one for slightly more money, it isn't a prob.

Elaine
07-02-2006, 09:59 AM
We got ours from Argos at the same price as you have said. It was the cheapest we could find to serve our purposes.
You may also want to try e-bay.

Booktigger
07-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I was debating with E-bay, will look but not sure if I will be getting a decent cage.

smudgley
07-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Depends what for?

Croft are great quality & good value

they have a website if you do a search for "croft cages"

But for panels ie to make a pen I could recommend a different company.

Booktigger
07-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, I have never used a cage for fosters, as my spare room is at least 4ft x 7ft (not properly measured it), but I did have 2 instances last week where i temporarily have 7 cats, and as Pebbles has taken over the bathroom, I didn't have a spare room (if it had been for any length of time, she would have had to be 'turfed out' but the longest period was about 45 hours, so I didnt want to disrupt her for that). My neighbours have the one from Argos, but as they have kept it in the cellar, it has gone a bit rusty, so OK for a very short time when it was too short notice to sort something else out, but I would like one of my own now. I could borrow one off the rescue, but I would like it to be mine (stupid I know). Someone on another forum has posted an excellent link though, here it is in case anyone else can use it

http://www.ukparrotcages.co.uk/dog_cages.html

The person who posted the link has used the largest when his cat had to have cage rest for 6 weeks and apparently it is a decent size, good make etc. I like the fact it has 2 doors, I couldn't figure out how to get to the litter tray on the one of the neighbours.

Kay
07-02-2006, 05:24 PM
The Argos one is excellent value. I have one as a spare. My main kitten pen is 5 ft x 2ft and sits in a fibreglass tray. It is billiant but very expensive. I think I may have to invest in another one though.

Booktigger
07-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Crikey, that pen sounds fab. I am swaying towards one from the link for the two doors, but I don't realistically want to be using the pen all that much, it doesn't help with integrating cats in my house as my male avoids it and my female rarely comes downstairs anyway. I have always said I would rather help less cats and let them have more space than have more but have them in cages (and I have since realised there is a limit with giving them all time and doing all the cleaning).

Kay
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Crikey, that pen sounds fab. I am swaying towards one from the link for the two doors, but I don't realistically want to be using the pen all that much, it doesn't help with integrating cats in my house as my male avoids it and my female rarely comes downstairs anyway. I have always said I would rather help less cats and let them have more space than have more but have them in cages (and I have since realised there is a limit with giving them all time and doing all the cleaning).

The pen is fantastic and the cage part folds flat and goes inside the tray and under my bed when not in use. I only use it when I have kittens. Having a Bullmastiff who thinks she is the size of a cat deems it a essential. ;) ;) ;)

Booktigger
03-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I had money left the day before pay day, so went on e-bay and found a pet shop that sold them. couldn't be bothered trying to work out sizes though, so went off how big a dog they would fit, and got one to fit a border collie size for £31.94 inc p & p. As you can see, it is a fab size

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/meincage.jpg

Tom however preferred the box the cat food delivery had come in!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/tombox.jpg

Snoof
03-03-2006, 11:26 PM
:lol: at Tom. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

dinahsmum
04-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Great pictures!
Glad your mission was successful.

Fran
04-03-2006, 11:18 AM
The pen looks a great size BT! Glad you are all sorted now :)

CJK
04-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I am now looking for a cage/pen for PF and her kittens. Any suggestions on a good one for that?