PDA

View Full Version : The last book you read?

Kazz
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
What was the last or present book you have read and would you reccomend it?

Moli
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I am on the 3rd book, by Jessie Smith, she was a Scottish Traveller..They are really good...

dinahsmum
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm re-reading English Passengers by Matthew Kneale. Think it won the Whitbread prize a few years back.
I'd recommend it wholeheartedly to anybody. It has so many elements - adventure; smuggling; sea-faring; treachery; history; geology; religion. Really really good. I read it much too quickly first time (a great failing of mine - want to find out what happens at the end, so don't read slowly enough) so I'm having a liesurely re-read!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_120.gif

Fran
06-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Last book I read was Cat Confidential by Vicky Halls :-D

Mags
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm reading Desperately Seeking Snoozing by John Wiedman:-D

JemBob
06-02-2006, 11:13 PM
david eddings The belgarion five series books and The Mallorean the follow up five brillant books! have read them about 6 times now cant but them down!

Elaine
06-02-2006, 11:30 PM
KingOscardavid eddings The belgarion five series books and The Mallorean the follow up five brillant books! have read them about 6 times now cant but them down!I have read those too, arent they absolutely fablious;) I'd love to read them again and again and again:lol:

I have recently read Touching from a Distance, its about Ian Curtis and Joy Division and was written by his wife Deborah Curtis. Quite good but not brilliant. A good read if you are/were a fan of Joy Division or New Order.

Jac
07-02-2006, 03:10 AM
The big pancake, tonight at bedtime for the 40th time!:D :D :D :D

dinahsmum
07-02-2006, 09:50 AM
The big pancake, tonight at bedtime for the 40th time!:D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JemBob
07-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I have recently read Touching from a Distance, its about Ian Curtis and Joy Division and was written by his wife Deborah Curtis. Quite good but not brilliant. A good read if you are/were a fan of Joy Division or New Order.

havent read them but i will now :D Thanks!

yola
07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I will look out for that - I was a avid Joy Division follower in my day . . . :-D I heard her interviewed last August on Radio 4 - interesting story!

Donna
07-02-2006, 01:37 PM
One of the books EmmaG gave me regarding the Low Carb diet!!! Interesting reading, and its working!!

Naomi
07-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Just finished reading Meg Hutchinson - The Judas Touch

Elaine
07-02-2006, 05:22 PM
KO and Yola, if either of you want to read this book, I can post it to one of you and when you have read it you can pass it on to the other if you like???;)

Kazz
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
As I started this thread I better reply;)

My present book is "History" sad eh.:roll:

Elizabeth the Queen a biography on Queen Elizabeth I by Alison Weir well worth the time to read read, a history of Elizabeth's personal life within the framework of her reign. This book gives an insight a human touch to a biography of a woman hardly allowed a private life.

Mind you I enjoy history :D And this may not suit everyone.

Kay
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I recently read Desert Royal by Jean Sasson it is a very fascinating insight into a part of the Saudi Royal family told to the author by one of its princesses. Not everyones cup of tea but I enjoyed it.

Booktigger
01-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I finished a Jeffrey Deaver book earlier and am just starting on a Jonathan Kellerman book - both titles escape me though!! Have read a few books this week, a Ramsey Campbell and Shaun Hutson.

dandysmom
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I mentioned Elizabeth Peters in my earlier post: I'm reading her latest: Tomb of the Golden Bird now; before that was The Labyrinth. Picked up at the library today: The Oxford Murders & The Last Templar. Any Robin Cooks are good. Booktigger, forgive me if you already know this, but you can go on Amazon & check out any book you might be interested in & read reviews & customer ratings. I do this all the time when I hear of a book or author that I think I might like ...I used to hate it pre Web days when I would get a book from the library on the basis of the jacket blurb & discover when I got it home that I didn't like it!!! :roll:

CJK
02-04-2006, 07:53 AM
i havent reada book in about a year, but it was dan browns da vinci code, and i LOVED it so much i went out and brought the whole series, and still havent read them lol!

The da vinci code gets you thinking about a lot of different issues about life, really good book