PDA

View Full Version : Cat Magazines

Donna
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Do any of you subscribe to this magazine, or if not, are there other magazines available that you would recommend?

http://www.yourcat.co.uk/ycindex.html

:lol:

Moli
01-02-2006, 06:41 PM
I subscribe to the dog one, although have bought that one a few times, it's very good, full of info!
Smudgley would be the one to recommend a cat mag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fran
01-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Your cat is very good but I prefer Cat World magazine :D

Emm
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I get Your Cat and sometimes Cat World mag :)

smudgley
02-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I sometimes get your cat & cat world, but the magazine I love is the CP magazine.
You become a member of CP & pay a subscription fee & they send you a magazine every couple of months.
I get "The Cat" & my youngest daughter is a junior member & she gets "coolcats magazine" :cool:

yola
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
I think I bought one of the others many years ago, but that was only when I was looking for persian kittens.

Like Smudgely - I get The Cat also (being a member as well as a volunteer of CP). It has everything any commercial mag contains, and has some beautifully moving stories of cats and their owners in it; but the added benefit is those that receive it are knowing they are contributing to a worth while cause.

Emm
02-02-2006, 06:12 PM
how do you become a member of CP?

smudgley
02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I filled in a form & sent it off. I can't remember how much it was, but I know they have increased the subs a lot for this year, but I will still renew my membership as I love reading the cat - & they do cover some good health stuff as well as good stories.
If you check out the CP website - there should be details on there

http://www.cats.org.uk/index.asp

Emm
02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I've just had a look through the website and couldn't see where you can become a member - I'll send them an email - I'm thinking about volunteering - not sure yet though.

Emm
02-02-2006, 07:01 PM
its alright I've found out - you become a member of a CP branch - the prices vary depending on which branch you become a member of

yola
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
I've just had a look through the website and couldn't see where you can become a member - I'll send them an email - I'm thinking about volunteering - not sure yet though.

Emm - they don't actually answer emails!!! I've tried on a couple of occasions and never had a response. It's very remiss of them :shock:

I think you can join at branch level but there is also (I'm sure) the option to join at 'national' level.