PDA

View Full Version : Whaaaaat?????????

dinahsmum
01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Just how much further will 'reality' TV go in its never-ending search for mind-boggling programmes? Theres a programme tonight on breast-feeding. It appears not to be along the lines of 'go for it, try it, it's good for babe, it's good for you, it gets off weight, it transfers antibodies, etc; oh no..........here's a bit of the publicity blurb
"Veronika is still breastfeeding her seven-year-old daughter, while her eldest has asked if she can be breastfed as a present for her tenth birthday."
Eeeek! :shock:
Anybody remember when documentary programmes used to be non-sensational, giving an insight into the lives or work of interesting people, rather than full-on or semi-wierdos?
My 'TV' watching just gets less and less - sport, movies, animals, Life on Mars!

Donna
01-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Heard this on the radio this morning - one woman was breastfeeding her 8 year old and said her kids wouldnt let her wear a bra so that they could be available whenever the wanted milk. gross!!! this is so wrong.

yola
01-02-2006, 12:29 PM
I saw a brief trailer for this on TV last night. It'll bring the breat-fixation freaks out a treat.

Sometimes I wonder if TV today is just aimed and chavs (low-brow reality nonsense) and pervs (surgery, accidents and now this) :shock:

CJK
01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
I seen the ads for a few days now, and i think it really odd.
I mean i cant imagine breast feeding my 7 year old! Even my 2 year old i wouldnt anymore. They dont need breast milk at these ridiculous ages.
It's too weird for me, i going to watch it cos I wanna see what these stupid moms say is thier reason for doing it.

I do think it ebst for babies, and I know people go nuts if women breast feed in public, but other countries do, i think so long as you're a bit discreet about it it's ok.
I remember seeing one woman "cuddling" a baby just a few weeks after i had my first. I started talking to her, she had a red shawl around her shoulders, and it took me until she had finished to realise she had een breast feeding her baby. She was so discreet and opena bout it. I got a little embarrassed and said "oops sorry, i didnt realise" but she was fine about it.

I jsut cant get my head around why you would want to breast feed after a certaina g,e but what is considered the right age to stop?
ryan was breast fed one week, then my milk direid up, elliot didnt get a chacne at all, i wasnt allowed to breast feed him cos i was on diabetic tablets and he was born with a blood sugar of 2.1, also cos i was very poorly they said i was in no condition to feed, and i was on antibiotics too.
Like i said, dont think i would even breast feed him still at 2 though

bobbie3917
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
but why would any1 want to do it
ifeed my son till he was 8 months old and that was enough for me