PDA

View Full Version : Moli stinks

Naomi
31-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Well I don't know what Moli's done to herself but she stinks!!!! She did her usual purring and shoving bottom in face which was immediately removed from the proximity of my nose :cat36

She then insisted on head butting me which is fine but that was when I smelt her coat. She stunk!! It was like a doggy smell. Bit hard to describe but it's almost like sweaty dog feet. She's been wiped over with baby wipes and now smells like Johnsons Baby Lotion :lol:

dinahsmum
31-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Our first cat used to get blocked anal glands :shock:
If you've had the 'pleasure' of dogs glands you need to multiply the smell by 50! The vet used to say 'hang onto him; I've got to open the window!' Must have been bad!
Was it that sort of small?
Other than that, and other than teeth I don't know

Naomi
31-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Checked her glands. Jasper was one for blocked anal glands and he was rancid :lol: It seemed more to come from her skin or fur rather than her glands. Her teeth are fine she had them checked the other week by the vets. She's her usual playful dopy self, eating like an absolute pig given half a chance.

I think I'll let her out to have an airing :lol:

Mags
31-01-2006, 06:39 PM
When Cassie was a lot younger, she used to come in smelling really horrible.....the more I smelt it, the more I was convinced another cat had sprayed on her:roll:

Donna
31-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Poor Moli. Maybe she just been ouside and rolled in something smelly? Like the baby wipes idea - might do that to mine to make them smell gorgeous!

CJK
31-01-2006, 08:03 PM
twix coems home wet soemtimes, and then he stinks!

Fran
31-01-2006, 08:15 PM
When Cassie was a lot younger, she used to come in smelling really horrible.....the more I smelt it, the more I was convinced another cat had sprayed on her:roll:

I was wondering if she has been around a tom...with the age that she is??

Kazz
31-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I was going to suggest that too a Tom cat:shock:

dinahsmum
31-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I was going to suggest that too a Tom cat:shock:
oooooh yes.
Time to book that young lady in!

Kay
31-01-2006, 09:08 PM
It does sound like a tom cat has been near her. She could possible had a silent call. Watch her nipples in about three weeks. If something has happened and she is pregnant she will pink up around that time. In a first timer it will be very obvious if not get her booked in quickly.

Naomi
31-01-2006, 11:12 PM
There have been no Toms about and when I've been out she's been inside. Apart from the once last week where she got out and i didn't have time to go chasing her round the garden.

It doesn't smell like a cat pee/spray. I'm phoning the vets tomorrow to book her in as the vets are opening a practice closer to me 13/14 Feb. Was gonna wait till then but i might see if my friend will take me to Newport next week if I can book her in for spaying then :shock:

Oh yeah she's about 5.5-6 months old