PDA

View Full Version : Nae!

dinahsmum
31-01-2006, 05:04 PM
When is Moli being spayed?
Have you thought about keeping her inside for a week or so after her op - it seems that lots of kits go a bit wierd and go missing from home immediately after spaying - you see lots of ads - Lost; shaved patch on side.

Don't know if anybody knows more about this (but I expect so.....)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_9_2v.gif

Naomi
31-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm phoning the vets tomorrow to book her in. We are looking at about 13/14th February, hopefully. The entire family (espeically hubby) have been given strict instructions not to let her out after her op no matter how much she cries or sits by the back door :D

We were thinking of keeping her in for about 2 weeks after her op, not sure how long it takes for them to fully recover :?

dinahsmum
31-01-2006, 05:47 PM
We were thinking of keeping her in for about 2 weeks after her op, not sure how long it takes for them to fully recover :?

Sounds about it.
So long ago for mine I can't remember :?

Naomi
31-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Feeling a little nervous about it all as Moli looks sooo tiny altho she weighs 2kg+ :roll:

Can't wait for it all to be over

dinahsmum
31-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Feeling a little nervous about it all as Moli looks sooo tiny altho she weighs 2kg+ :roll:
Can't wait for it all to be over
Understand that but as we always say (when it's not our pet due at the vets) she'll be fine!

Naomi
31-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm sure she will, she's a tough cookie. I think the only prob I'll have is convincing the vets to let me have her back :lol:

A friend of mine is going to take us to the vets

Donna
31-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Funny you should say that DM, as Misty did a disappearing act a while back. I posted lots of leaflets through doors, and on the notice I said "black cat with a patch of short hair as she has just been speyed". Didnt know they were likely to wander after the op. We found her the next day, but she was a tiny kitten out for 24 hours alone. I was so upset.....

Mags
31-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I kept Cassie in for 2 - 3 weeks after she was speyed......

Naomi
31-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Change of plan!

After I've just read replies to my other thread about Moli being smelly i'm gonna see if my friend will take me to Newport if the vets can book Moli in for spaying sooner than the 13/14th Feb