PDA

View Full Version : Lewis

dinahsmum
30-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Did anyone watch last night?
Was it good?
I've got it recorded, so I guess I'll watch tomorrow (Life on Mars tonight!)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_17_1v.gif

yola
30-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I was 1/2 watching it - between reading the sunday papers and dozing (ah - don't you just love Sundays). The bits I saw were excellent; lovely subtle references to Morse and a similar kind of pace and dynamic as the old Morse stuff. Aparently Colin Dexter gave his blessing to the programme . . . . which has to be good!!

dinahsmum
30-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I was 1/2 watching it - between reading the sunday papers and dozing (ah - don't you just love Sundays). The bits I saw were excellent; lovely subtle references to Morse and a similar kind of pace and dynamic as the old Morse stuff. Aparently Colin Dexter gave his blessing to the programme . . . . which has to be good!!

Mmm hmm. I heard a critique on the radio where they were saying it's Morse-esque. They also said the theme is Shakepeare's Hamlet, with bits of maths puzzles as well :roll: . I'll have to take a clever pill before I watch!

yola
30-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah - it has references to 'cerebral' stuff but it's not too brainy - let's face it; I understood it!!! :-D

dinahsmum
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Watched it at last!
Loved it - and loved all the Morse references.....the red Jag that Lewis nearly walks under, the character called Regan (John Thaw's character in The Sweeney), the half finished crossword, the Endeavour music scholarship..............and Oxford - the real star!
Liked the 'bag carrier' character too - interesting background)
And as ever, murder followed murder :shock:

They will make it a series, won't they?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_115.gif

Moli
03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I watched it too DM, Loved Inspector Morse (John Thaw) think they are going to make it into a series.....

dinahsmum
26-02-2006, 01:13 PM
4 more episodes have been commissioned apparently. Not filmed yet - so we'll have to be patient!

dinahsmum
16-02-2007, 10:19 AM
As it appears to be 'resurrect the oldest thread you can' week, I thought I'd use this one to give everyone a heads up that Lewis starts on Sunday 9pm ITV. 2 hours, so I will record it and ff through the ads to bring it down to a 1hr40min watch on Monday.
First story is about the unexplained death of an Oxford don apparently, so that will make a nice change ...........
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_17_1v.gif

yola
16-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Ends at 11? Wow that's a bit late for me at the moment . . . still, I intend to give it my best shot :D

dinahsmum
28-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Anybody watched it?
I thought the first was wierd and the second was slow. But then, Morse was always slow!
Lewis is no great personality - 'lonely man'. I quite like his cerebral sidekick though.
It still seems that Oxford is a dangerous place to live :lol:

dinahsmum
25-02-2008, 01:35 PM
New series started last night.
Anyone watch?
I've got it recorded for my later delectation and delight :)

Did you know the ex-priest sidekick (Hathaway) is the new Mr Bilie Piper and son of Edward Fox?

yola
25-02-2008, 01:47 PM
When is this? I've not really watched any TV except A2A (and Cbeebies) for the last week :shock:

I didn't know that the sidekick was the new Mr Piper at the time of watching, but did when I read the reports of their marriage.

Edit to say, just read your post properly and answered my own question as to when. Siwwy me

dinahsmum
24-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Anyone watch the first of the new (4 part, I think) series, which was broadcast on Sunday.
We watched it last night and enjoyed it - all except the ending/the denouement(?) which felt like total pants! :roll:
However, it's still nice to enjoy the ridiculously slow pace, the sights of Oxford, Lewis and Hathaway etc - but it's not Morse :(

yola
24-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't see it no. Was in bed at 9 on Sunday exhausted from all the weekend digging. Will try and look out for it next weekend.

I recently re-watched one of my old Morse videos and sad to say, it is starting to date. This is the first time I've watched one and thought this :( Still brilliantly written, acted and photographed but it just looking a bit 'worn'.

Leesy
24-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes I watched Lewis and loved it, but then again I always do, I just luvvvvv anything like that.:D

pinklizzy
24-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I love Lewis too, specially Hathaway, he's very yummy! ;)