PDA

View Full Version : The blue cat across the road....

Luke
27-01-2006, 06:36 PM
...is now Elsa's arch enemy.....for some reason!
Right well, Tina as this blue moggy is called is about the same age as Elsa if not a little older, and she struts about as if she owns the place. Now Elsa and Clementine sit and watch her from the patio doors when she is in their garden. Now everytime Clementine goes out, this Tina cat scarpers as Clementine really isnt one the local cats tangle with. But its sort of like if Elsa is in the garden by herself, this other cat Tina wont move and actually sprays pee everywhere:? and it got to a stage where ive been keeping Elsa out of the garden due to this other cat. Personally i dont think its fare that Tina the blue kitty does what she wants and is allowed to do as she pleases and my cats are having to suffer because this other cats in our garden, but thats just me.
So basically Elsa has been climbing the walls to be able to go out and play with the dogs in the garden but this blue cat, Tina seems too allways be around so i've been keeping Elsa in and it isn't nice TBH:cry:
But today Elsa was playing in the garden when this 'tina' hops up onto the wall, i called Elsa and would she come? would she hell!! so there was little i could do so just had too 'observe' for a while. All was quiet and the phone rang so i went intot he hallway and was on the phone for about 5 minutes when all hell breaks loose in the garden. Elsa was hanging off this other cat and when she left, Elsa scaled the wall after her. Elsa rarely leaves the garden so this was a big deal so too speak. I went too see where she was and couldnt find her anywhere so thought she'd come home when shes ready..which she did. With a few tufts of fur missing but shockinglly nothing major.
Anyways thought nothing of it till just now, was coming back from 'walkies' with the dogs and the lady from across the road who owns 'Tina' the blue moggy stopped me to ask if, in her words, 'This brute of a big bronze tabby thing' belonged too me:shock::shock:
After minorly correcting her use of words i said yes Elsa did, and she had a massive go at me telling me how TIna came back with clumps of fur missing, a nasty bite too her shoulder and a tattered ear. I did apologise and said how i wished no harm too come to her cat, but it isn't my fault if her cat invaids my two's territory and it gets too a stage im having too keep one of mine in cause her cat is driving her up the wall.
Her response too this was a few 'choice' words put it that way and it ended up in her walking off muttering too herself. Now i shockinglly kept my cool during all this lol, but i think its unfair that i ended up feeling guilty for all this i mean its not my fauly and TBH cats fight all the time so there wasnt really much point in her having a go at me, and in actual fact if her cat hadnt been in my garden then none of this would have happened.
Another thing, Elsa is an intact queen but it doesnt matter as shes not had a call yet so isn't 'appealing' to the local toms. If she isnt fixed by her first call then she will be kept in, easier than it sounds i know btw!!lol But this tina has had 2 calls i know of and a litter of kittens when shes barely older than Elsa:shock::shock::shock:and her owner was saying i was the irresponsible one, ok then......

I was really shocked how full on Elsa was though, shes really quiet in general and in the house she just keeps her head down with the other pets. Dont get me wrong, she doesnt start the fights in the house but she will pitch in if one is going on:lol::lol::lol:
So does it look like im going to have a bruiser on my hands then?

Mags
27-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Luke, if Elsa hasn't been spayed yet do think it wise to allow her outdoors now? That is asking for an accident to happen:shock:

Luke
27-01-2006, 06:56 PM
But we were told as she isnt/hasn't been in call than it doesnt matter as she isn't 'inviting' too the toms:?

Het
27-01-2006, 08:14 PM
oh tricky one Luke. Cats will be cats and unfortunately they don't respect garden walls as boundaries, sounds like two entire females sorting out a pecking order. With a bit of luck that was done today and you may now get peace.When we moved here Thomas was regularly bashed by a Tom up the road...then we got Jazz and that stopped....she takes no nonsense...and now Maxwell patrols the boundaries, but I know what its like. I have always just accepted it as part of having cats that go outdoors....and mop up the blood as it occurs, in my experience it does tend to sort itself out.
As to this woman...well you have explained that it is her cat coming to seek out yours...so just leave it at that and let her scowl at you from over the road. She doesn't sound like she has behaved very responsibly with her cat so I wouldn't worry too much about her opinon.

Luke
27-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok thanks Het, i was just really doubting myself for not keepign Elsa in the house, but then again i dont see why i should when its our garden?!?
I pray this might be the end of it now, but Elsa is sure riled up she has been pacing the patio doors looking out and just...well waiting:shock:

Donna
27-01-2006, 08:54 PM
You shouldnt feel bad Luke, cats will be cats. And that lady was being silly. Elsa was just doing what is natural - protecting her area!

CathyW
27-01-2006, 09:39 PM
i used throw a jug of water over any strange cats that came in our garden,they soon got the hang of it,and i think there was a few fed up owners of some wet cats. serves them right.

smudgley
27-01-2006, 11:00 PM
As we all know cats are extremely territorial animals. Their whole world revolves around their boundaries & cats will often squabble over who owns what bits of territory.

When she comes into call you MAY hear her calling, you MAY see the behavioural signs of her being in call. But you may not. How old is she now Luke?

bobbie3917
30-01-2006, 01:42 AM
As we all know cats are extremely territorial animals. Their whole world revolves around their boundaries & cats will often squabble over who owns what bits of territory.

When she comes into call you MAY hear her calling, you MAY see the behavioural signs of her being in call. But you may not. How old is she now Luke?

i have to agree with smudgley here
my first cat was a black moggy and all of a suden she was fat and 2 weeks ater she had 5 kittens, i had had her since she was 7 weeks old and i never heard her call she was 7 month old when having kittens. until i had my pedigrees i had never heard a cat call so u may miss it Luke

ps all kittens went to good friends and mum and all kittens were done