PDA

View Full Version : Finally A Vet That Listened!!!!

CJK
27-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Well, I have been so annoyed over my recent encounters with vets. Today i got on my high horse, stormed back to my old vets, said I was NOT happy, that I have spent a fortune on MR Darcy, and he has made NO imporvment at all. I said I want something done now.
There was a vet there I have never seen before, she's new. Boy did I like her!
She looked at every inch of him, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, paws, claws, tail, did his temp ( which is up this time)

She said he almost done teething, he has high temp, the runny nose is NOT normal for his breed at all. She has booked him for bloods next week.
He has been given some bisolyon powder to loosen the snot ( i think thats what it for) some metacam drops , cant remember what theyre for now, and she has ordered him some drugs that sounded like ranoxan, theyre not in stock but will by tues, she apologised profusely for them not being in stock.

She mentioned that this ranoxan treats three types of infection, one being CHLAMIDYIA which I know somebody in the other thread mentioend and which she seems to think he has!

So i am furious at the so called breeder, as he has been like this since we got him. Cost me another £42.75 today! Spent over £250 in last 6 weeks on him and the bunny, but i really liked this vet, she seemed through, sincere and very caring. She made such a fuss over him, and listened to me about the snot etc. He doesnt have conjunctivitis though, the brown stuff from his eyes is due to a reaction with the air. He also has ear drops for mites he STILL MAY have, but she thinks it could be connected to his nose.

So all in all we're blasting him with several medicines at once.

But I finally feel I got a vet who CARED and LISTENED to me. She works fridays, so in future if it is something my pets can wait for we'll go on a firday morning lol.

Anyway. let's hope MR Darcy will son be better, I'm off to google cat chlamdyai in afew ticks.

thanks so much to everyone who has offerd me support and advice on this, I really appreciate it, and without your comments may not have known to take Mr D to the vets!

dinahsmum
27-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Hope this is the start of a rapid recovery for Mr Darcy.

Salutory warning about how important it is to get healthy pets from caring and knowledgeable breeders :roll: . Difficult when you see that fluffy bundle isn't it?

Mags
27-01-2006, 12:30 PM
That is brilliant news CJ, I'm glad you have found a vet who knows her job!
I think you will find it was Moli who mentioned about Chlamidyia. Everyone here wants what is best for your pets so I am glad all the advice has helped you. I hope Mr Darcy will now feel better very soon!

yola
27-01-2006, 12:44 PM
It is a relief when you find a good, trustworthy vet - it's worth hanging on to them for dear life. Having said that - I've only had one bad vet experience. All the ones in our practice seem to be excellent!

Anyways - hope Mr Darcy now beings the road to recovery and is right as rain really soon (((((hugs to Darcy)))))) :-D

CJK
27-01-2006, 05:54 PM
yippeeee!!
guess what?

NO SNOTTY NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the FIRST time since I had him he has gone all day with no snotty nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta put two drops of stuff on his din dins once a day and a pinch of powder twice a day. I got a bigger ioniser for the living room today ( 9.98 in woolworths, down from £39.99!!!!!, just in case anyone else wanted one it worth looking there)

Just hope when he starts the tablets tuesday they work for him too.

Moli
27-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Clymidia, is flu CJ, Some cats are carriers and when they get stressed, get mild flu like symptoms, it can get past from one cat to another, but if the cat is vaccinated will only get sticky eyes and sneezes....Very often if the cat is a carrier it has been past on by it's parents....
A Cat with clymidia has to have a 3 week course of antibotics...........

CJK
27-01-2006, 06:07 PM
oh thanks for that moli, i didnt realise.
Im angry at the breeder though, she must have known he had SOMETHING. We were told it was a cold, and that he had seen her vet, but i didnt quite believe her.
Still, we are getting there at last, and hopefully he will be back to normal soon. Poor baby!!!!

borderdawn
27-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Well done!! Hope he makes a good recovery now.
Dawn.

Fran
27-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Excellent news CJ!!! so glad you have found a caring vet whom you can trust. Sounds like Mr Darcy is now getting all the right medications. Really hope all goes well and he makes a full recovery :D

Donna
27-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Thats good news. Hope Mr Darcy gets well soon!!

samwise
28-01-2006, 09:55 AM
That is good news!!! Hope Mr D continues to recover!!!

CJK
28-01-2006, 11:40 AM
well, he jsut had his third meal with drops and powder on, and although is still sneezing at times, he is much better than he was.

thanks for the kind words everyone

Elaine
28-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm glad to hear Mr D' is on the mend. I know what you mean about vets not listening etc. I changed my vet a while back because he never listened what I asked or told him and certainly didnt like me questioning him at all. Our new vet is so much better and easier to talk to/with and Winston is getting much better treatment, which he so deserves. Good luck Mr D':D

Snoof
28-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm so glad to hear things are getting better and Mr D's finally getting some decent help! Hang onto that vet tooth and nail!

CJK
28-01-2006, 11:09 PM
she was a lovelylady I must say! will make sure we see her for any non emergancies in future with any of my pets.