PDA

View Full Version : India went to the Vet.

logoes
26-01-2006, 08:57 PM
After worrying about India and her apparent constipation most of this week I finally decided that a visit to the Vet would be a good idea. She was an absolute poppet, chatted to be in the car - not the 'let me out of here' sort, just gentle mious when I spoke to her. Good as gold as we waited out turn, totally unfazed by large badly controlled Rhodesian Ridgeback, and as gentle as a lamb when Vet examined her. Vet suggested she should have her last remaining tooth out sometime and said not to worry re; constipation, nothing bunged up, but if she produces nothing by early next week to take her back. Presented with a tube of Katalax and a bill !! But it was well worth it for my peace of mind. She is eating a little better and is having cat milk diluted, in fact she is being spoilt rotten. Stretched out in front of the fire fast asleep now. Logoes

dinahsmum
26-01-2006, 09:00 PM
India is so lucky to have found such a nice home. Do you know how long she had been in the rescue?

Sounds like reassuring news from the vet. Katalax! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope it does the trick!

Fran
26-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Sounds like it is just a matter of time and nothing to worry about :D They are such a worry aren't they but understandably so since she is so new to you. Think it was worth getting her checked out for piece of mind...

logoes
26-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, she'd been in the rescue since last August - no one wanted a little black cat with a damaged jaw, and she really is one of the sweetest natured cats we've ever had. All those silly people don't know what they missed - but glad they didn't want her or she wouldn't be here with me. Logoes

yola
26-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Good that she's OK. katalax does the trick each time when mine get bunged up.

Donna
26-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Glad you have the peace of mind now that you have been to the vets. Hope she continues to settle into her obviously very loving home and everything improves with her trips to the litter tray.

Moli
26-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Hope she will get better soon, My Casper had the same problem when he was small, they gave him Katalax, and yes! it worked!

Kazz
26-01-2006, 10:02 PM
No I don't think its a case of no one wanted her; she was waiting for you.:-D

Thats what I believe each cat and person comes together for a reason, its Karma as DM would say.;) not always do we find out what the reason is but there is a reason.

Pleased she is alright though, and she sounds totally happy.

Mags
26-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Glad to hear India is improving:-P

dinahsmum
26-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Kazz
I say Kismet
EmmaG says Karma
but I think we both mean the same - if it's meant to be, it will be

EmmaG
26-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Kazz
I say Kismet
EmmaG says Karma
but I think we both mean the same - if it's meant to be, it will be

Oh yes I am definitely the Karma queen :-D

dandysmom
27-01-2006, 03:50 AM
So glad she's doing OK:D Have not had a constipation problem since back in the 70's with my Siamese, and my vet told me to use an infant suppository:roll: NEVER want to have to do that again!!!:-D

dinahsmum
27-01-2006, 10:09 AM
So glad she's doing OK:D Have not had a constipation problem since back in the 70's with my Siamese, and my vet told me to use an infant suppository:roll: NEVER want to have to do that again!!!:-D

Eueeeewww. I don't think a siamese would take kindly to that! :shock:

CJK
27-01-2006, 12:36 PM
sorry to join a bit late lol, not be around much this week,
hope india is ok. i bet you were worried about her!

dandysmom
28-01-2006, 03:37 AM
Eueeeewww. I don't think a siamese would take kindly to that! :shock:
Definitely Eueeeeewww in spades;he did NOT take kindly at all to it:-D He also was impossible to pill:roll:

samwise
28-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Hope things are sorted now!:D
India has certainly landed on all 4 feet there!!:D :D