PDA

View Full Version : Sheds

Kazz
26-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Well they say sheds say a lot about you, but what do you keep in your shed? I am having a shed YES another shed I have two already, plus a storage box thing thats about 2ft deep 5ft wide and 4ft high with double doors :-D but I have so much stuff I need another room to put things:D

What do you keep in your shed? A friend uses his as a place to build his models you know soldiers etc, and other uses his to keep his model railway/train set :-D and a close friend uss her shed to paint from.

I don't do anything like that but I do like my shed, especially spring and summer and autumn:? I do my potting up for the plant tubs in there etc etc etc usually the floor space taken up by the dogs and Oscar on a shelf :-D Cleo has sense and stays in the warm.:-D

dinahsmum
26-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Haven't got a shed here :(

But the garage is oversized (not quite double, but big) so all the rubbish/garden stuff is in there.
There's also tons of sports kit (OH), exercise bike, stepper and glider (OH) (and he uses them), my Mum's old sideboard which came from my late Great Aunt but doesn't fit Mum & Dad's tiny little house. Doesn't fit ours either :roll: . The removal men shrouded it in a special paper stuff which they use when things go into storage and said it should be OK. I haven't been brave enough to peek under, so i don't know. We really ought to sell it but mum has a sentimental attachment :roll:
What else? - bins of bird food, a dog crate (folded) a dog stair gate, 2 cat carriers, bags of kindling, the overflow fridge, the overflow freezer..............
It's pretty useful!

I miss my old shed, with the sloping glass front, so it could pretend to be a greenhouse in the summer!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_2_118v.gif

Donna
26-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Just have a small shed that has all the old tins of paint, a few tools, lawnmower, strimmer etc, cat carry box, nothing exciting really!!

Mags
26-01-2006, 03:06 PM
We haven't got a shed either but have a large storeage box similar to this but with doors that open out....
http://www.dig-it.co.uk/uploads/imagprod/large/dbpsr05.jpg

I keep most of the big gardening stuff in there.

Luke
26-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Shed, maybe an overstatement.......wooden panels kept together by rusting old screws, with a roof thats lets in more water than what flows under london bridge, well that might be more accurate:lol:
Its not that bad really, just old....VERY old. As for its contents, bails of hay and straw for the rabbits, woodshavings also for the buns;spare rabbit hutches;a few old tins of paint;some mismatched wellies;lawnmower, strimmer, shears, saws and various garden tools, some old latern thingys, horse reigns (dont ask me what for!);a rocking chair that squeks when you sit on it and uhm i think theres a few old hessian sacks in oh and some bulbs and seeds and things that have been waiting too be planted for more years than i have fingers too count upon:roll:

Naomi
26-01-2006, 03:26 PM
We've got 2 sheds. In the 'top' shed, the one at the top of the garden we keep the kiddies toys, bikes and footballs etc along with the shears, broken lawn mower, couple of boxes of wall tiles nad some of OH's mechanics tools.

In the 'bottom' shed, the one that's on my patio has the rest of OH's mechanics tools, parts washer, our bikes altho mine hasn't seen the light of day for about 2 years :D

Once the garage is up we should be able to get rid of one of the sheds and use the other one as a playhouse for the kids

yola
26-01-2006, 03:49 PM
No sheds here either; garden too small. We have 3 cellars tho - one is damp and lets in water and used to be the old 'L'-shaped coal cellar - that has all the non-rusting stuff and stuff that can't be damaged by water.

What used to be the old pantry is the tool 'shed' it houses all of hubby's 'gubbins' and paint + gardening stuff such as wellies.

The 3rd cellar is under the bathroom and is low and large and holds all ladders, bikes, lawnmower, barrow and extensive odds and ends of wood that hubby holds on to ad infinitum :)

Kazz
26-01-2006, 05:30 PM
We haven't got a shed either but have a large storeage box similar to this but with doors that open out....
http://www.dig-it.co.uk/uploads/imagprod/large/dbpsr05.jpg

I keep most of the big gardening stuff in there.

Hi Mags thats my storage box thing thats about 2ft deep 5ft wide and 4ft high with double doors only my front doors open outwards you can eep one closed one one, but similar idea.

Mags
26-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Mags thats my storage box thing thats about 2ft deep 5ft wide and 4ft high with double doors only my front doors open outwards you can eep one closed one one, but similar idea.
:lol: Sounds like we have the same one Kazz.....mine is dark green and pale grey, similar colour to the one in the pic..:-P

Moli
26-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I have a shed next to my greenhouse, I keep all my compost, pots, boxes of bone meal, plant food etc in it...Suppose it is really a potting shed.........

Fran
26-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Three sheds here. One has the children's bikes and outdoor toys in it. One is for paint, ladders and the diy stuff, lawnmower etc. The third has electric and light and is insulated an boarded out, also has a dog flap and the dogs use to use it in the summer when out in the garden if they wanted shade rest etc. Now they have a kennel and the shed is used to store things like cat carriers, the whelping equipment for the puppies and suitcases etc...

smudgley
26-01-2006, 09:46 PM
3 sheds
One is empty.
One has a rabbit hutch & some dog cages / puppy pens in it.
One is the house for my chickens.
Also have the 4 cat pens, a large "shed size" rabbit house & a greenhouse:shock: