PDA

View Full Version : The Flipside of Dominick Hide

yola
24-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Does anyone remember this from 1980? Reading the Life on Mars thread just now reminded me of this brilliang Play for Today with the gorgeous Peter Firth. I remember being completely captivated by this!

Basically he comes back in time, meets a girl in 1980, has a 'fling' and then heads off but she is 'with child' as a result. There was sequel called 'Another Flip for Dominick' but I didn't see that one, it's when he comes back to see his kiddie.

I have just got both on DVD for a tenner and will be revisiting my youth one evening this week have having a lookie at them!!

dinahsmum
24-01-2006, 01:31 PM
No, that one passed me by, I'm afraid!

But I do remember Play for Today - what a shame TV companies are now obsessed by soaps and ridiculous 'reality' shows :( . There were such good dramas - do you remember a very young Judi Dench descending into madness in a series of 3? Unforgettable!

We have Lewis, starting Sunday. Don't suppose that wil be as good as Morse (who wasn't a bit like John Thaw when you read the books!)

yola
24-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Morse was a must-watch!! I will give 'Lewis' a go, but I think it'll be disconcerting watching it without the late, great John Thaw. He was the glue that held that whole series together.