PDA

View Full Version : All went well - with Cleo's Op

Kazz
17-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Well people I have to tell you all went well with Cleo's op. I told a lie and said it was Thursday because I know you would all have been wishing us well and that would have given me the hebegebies, she is an elderly cat who has had trouble with anesthetic previously so I did not want to worry you all. So I told you Thursday in instead of Tuesday. Sorry hope I am forgiven:shock:

But just wanted to say ALL WENT WELL she has come round they've removed the cyst and its root, :-D :-D :-D I am so pleased I am liable to go into orbit at any moment:roll: didn't think to ask about her teeth the words "she's fine, awake and a very lovable cat" from the nurse was all I heard really and the time I can collect her.:roll:

So more information later when I have picked her up, and got her home I have been on eggshells all morning. Since I dropped her off at the vets at 9.47am :roll:

I have missed her so very much.I just did not realise :(

So off to get chicken for her tea - nothing unusual in that but hey she's fine

Hope you all forgive me for telling a fib/lie. Karen

Opps forgot to say can pick her up at 2.40pm

Elaine
17-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Fib forgiven and understood. So glad she is ok and has finally got rid of that nasty cyst. Lots of cuddles from us up north when you get her home.;)

Moli
17-01-2006, 02:31 PM
So pleased all went well with Cleo, fib? what fib? Give her a big cuddle from me Kazz...........

Mags
17-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Nothing to forgive Kazz......just so pleased everything went well with Cleo ((((((hugs))))))

Kazz
17-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks all. Off now so speak to you all later a very pleased Karen:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

dinahsmum
17-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Hooray - really good news :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

What a good thing it burst when it did!

Fran
17-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Glad all went well Kazz :D fully understand why you said what you said ;) You must be so relieved and over the moon....Great news!!!!!

Luke
17-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Fabulous news Karen:) glad all went well, and you have nowt to apologise for, i know what its like sometimes when well wishes make you think about things more than you normally would then as we tend to do, we worry ourselves senseless!
So glad Cleo is out of the op and i bet your itching to get too that vets!:lol:

yola
17-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh Karen - I'm so pleased you were able to hear the nurse utter those wonderful words!!!

And don't worry about the lil white fib . . . I certainly understand as I'm sure everyone here does.

Naomi
17-01-2006, 03:10 PM
That's fantastic news Kazz!!! Glad everything went well for Cleo and she's ok

You know we'll forgive yer you daft bat :D

Kay
17-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Just glad everything went well. Give her a hug from me when she comes home.

Kay.

Kazz
17-01-2006, 04:16 PM
She's home very unsteady on her legs and with two scars she had a 2nd litle lump just closer to her head but still on the shoulder blade and he has removed that too and sent it for tests - to see if its cancerous:shock: but he has removed it. The cyst he kept to show me - Urhhhh - horrible thing quite big too.'

'He's lightly scaled her teeth and she is trying to sleep, but when she lies down she remembers the wound and up she gets again.

Good news she's used the litter tray with two minutes of been home all I want her to do is settle and sleep for a little while.

The scars look horrible. :shock: but she will be okay back Thursday for antibiotics. she' settling on my lap now (mind you I am sitting on the floor so she knows I'm here:roll: )

So pleased she's home.:-D

Karen

dinahsmum
17-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Awwww, all best wishes to you both.
The wounds will look horrid, and she may take a day or two longer than a young thing to heal, but she'll soon be fit and fine again.................and so much better.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_15.gif

Kazz
17-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks.

And she's asleep (shusssssssssssssshhhhhhh)

Kay
17-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Glad she's well and resting. Bet she's glad to be home.

Mags
17-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Glad you have got her home safe Kazz.....one thing I'm sure of is that she won't be lacking love and attention!
Hope I didn't wake her:shock:
((((hugs to both))))

Elaine
17-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Bless her heart the little angel:) Wishing her a very speedy recovery.

Kazz
17-01-2006, 04:34 PM
No Mags you didn't wake her she doesn't bother about noises and voices filled with love, she is dozing I am happy to report.:-D

EmmaG
17-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Karen!!!! lol at the op being today and not Thursday :)

Glad it all went well for Cleo, I wish her a speedy recovery :)

Jac
17-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Your forgiven! Glad everything went well. What a great relief it must be. Bet it's been one of your longest. ((((((())))) hugs to you both.

Donna
17-01-2006, 07:16 PM
So glad Cleo is ok. Hugs to you both. x

Fran
17-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Glad she is back home safe and sound Kazz x

Kazz
17-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Ta very very much and I mean that.

Cleo has had a little bit of something else to eat :D and a little bit of something to drink :D and is asleep not a deep sleep but dozing, but she is not wobbling or unsteady, but amost bounding up the stairs and a little earlier (while still daylight) has had a nice stroll round the garden.:D She can jump up on and then off the bed and on her chair quite easily so hopefully all good signs.

The vet has phoned to check and is more than pleased with her progress, she is warm, comfortable, and being a little spoilt so all in all a good day.

Karen

CathyW
17-01-2006, 09:10 PM
i was surprised when barnaby was quite lively when he got home from the vets.
2morrow she will be sleepy if shes anything like my monster :D
get well soon cloe purrs from barnaby.

Jeanette
17-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Awww I'm glad to hear Cleo is doing better:D

And its okay that you told a fib:D

Hugs J

bobbie3917
17-01-2006, 11:28 PM
so so glad that all went well Kazz

dandysmom
18-01-2006, 04:18 AM
So glad all went well & she's home, resting, eating and being well-loved! What's a little white lie among friends...hugs to her from me, Patches & Leia:-D

LMC
18-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Hope she's not too sore today Kazz - when my Jenny had an op to cut some lumps out of her skin she was OK on the day, I think because the anaesthetic hadn't quite worn off (she even escaped and legged it outside the little s*d! - luckily I managed to catch her!). But she *was*sore the day after - so please don't be disheartened if Cleo seems to take a downturn for a couple of days, I'm sure she'll be fighting fit again in no time, she sounds amazing for her age!