PDA

View Full Version : Cat nials clipped!!!

CJK
17-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Today I received the pet nail clippers I ordered.
I looked around a lot of web pages, and had some advice from other cat people. So i decided to be brave and go for it.
I clipped Mr Darcy's front claws. Not sure if i did them enough but theyre not sharp now, they havent got stuck in every bit of furniture he sits on, they havent got stuck in my skin ( boy did that hurt, he jumped up at my back one day not long after we got him, I was sitting on pc chair, and he hooked himself into my shoulder really well and just hung there. My 7 year old came to help, and, not relaising the shape of cats claws, pulled him DOWN until he let go!!! YEEOUCH lol)

ANd they didnt bleed. so i think i done ok.

Going to see how to do bunnies laws next, got 6 bunnies in need of a manicure!

yola
17-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Brave you CJ . . . I get the vet to do my 3-somes nails :-D

And I can SO relate to the hanging cat syndrome . . . my lil fella (also called Darcy) climbed up my leg yesterday and hung on my thigh whilst my 2 year old yelled 'NO DARCY' and tried to tug him off my leg . . . OMG that hurt :shock:

dinahsmum
17-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, the 'kittens hanging from various (tender) parts of the anatomy' is something I remember, but only vaguely :shock:
Guess I'll have my revision soon enough!

The clippers sound good!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_15.gif

CJK
17-01-2006, 02:10 PM
he wouldnt let me do the back ones lol.

I like that "hanging cat syndrome"
you think we can get that in medical ditionaries? lol

yola
17-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it is a most viable complaint personally . . . and I think it should warrant financial compensation :-D

CJK
17-01-2006, 03:48 PM
hmm, im not sure Mr Darcy has much he could compensate me with. i certainly dont want his din dins. Well, i must admit on the days he has fresh coli for din din i buy twice as much as is needed cos I like it too!

Kay
17-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Well done CJ. It took me ages before I plucked up courage to do mine but now I don't have a problem with it. Much less stress than taking them to the vets.

CathyW
17-01-2006, 09:15 PM
we clip babrnaby often,case of having to hes a demon for clawing at your back ,cant pick him up like a normal cat i have to hold sharp end outwards :D

CJK
18-01-2006, 12:55 PM
not caught the others to cehck thiers yet, but being outdoor cats i think they'll be ok.
was soooo nervous though! but guess wot?

NO CLAWS LODGED INMY SKIN anymore, and he not getting hoked on everything he walks on or sits on lol