PDA

View Full Version : Since there've been a few non-cat pictures...

Snoof
16-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Thought some of you might enjoy some rats!

http://www.snoof.co.uk/pets/rats/pics/16-01-2006/003.jpg
This is Pie (short for Pirate). He would like someone to come steal him so that they may give him far more treats than I do. Clearly he's just wasting away!

http://www.snoof.co.uk/pets/rats/pics/16-01-2006/013.jpg
This is Sylvester, trying his best and succeeding quite well at looking innocent.

http://www.snoof.co.uk/pets/rats/pics/16-01-2006/004.jpg
Sam (short for Samurai, Pie's brother) much prefers to mong and have a leisurely scratch.

http://www.snoof.co.uk/pets/rats/pics/16-01-2006/011.jpg
The three musketeers, looking for another patch of trouble to get into...!

Hope you guys enjoyed :)

borderdawn
16-01-2006, 07:45 AM
OH no not more Rats, you have been talking to Emma! Lovely pics.
Dawn.

Fran
16-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow..what cuties...I could never have imagined getting so close to rats as to take their piccies :shock: Are they all perfectly tame? do they ever bite? and how do they get along with Ninja?

Naomi
16-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I love rats but OH won't let me have any :(

Mags
16-01-2006, 12:37 PM
I've never fancied rats but have to admits yours look very cute Snoof!:-P

Mags
16-01-2006, 12:37 PM
duplicated post!

yola
16-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I think rats are adorable. My neighbour had a piebald-coloured rat when we were kids, he was called Grumbold and he always sat on her shoulder wherever she went!!

Moli
16-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Great pictures, Love rats, nearly got some once....But thought better of it, with my staffies!!!

Snoof
16-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Dawn, I got mine and then Emma got hers :lol: We're as bad as each other, really :D

Fran, they never bite and they are, indeed, perfectly tame - and very cuddly if you can convince them that cuddling beats bouncing around... Job and a half, that, though!

Ninja comes into the lounge and stares at them, on occasion, but he keeps a prudent distance and if they move too fast, he turns tail and legs it :lol: I'm going to hang up a diagram of the cat-rat foodchain for him, I don't think he got that memo!

Everybody else, thanks :) They're lovely boys. Lots of people don't like rats (like my boyfriend's mum who has asked that they never be taken out when she's in the house), which is fair enough, because some people are truly afraid of them. But they're lovely, loyal creatures and they can be a lot of fun :)

Kay
16-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh aren't they sweet. Love little innocent Sylvester.

Donna
16-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I think I would be alright if they were not lose!! Do they run around???????

Fran
16-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I think I would be alright if they were not lose!! Do they run around???????

:lol: @ Donna!!

Snoof
16-01-2006, 11:54 PM
They're allowed to free-range for about an hour every day, if not more on occasion when they're good :lol:

They don't just run around loose, most definitely not unsupervised! They live in a cage in a corner of the lounge, where they try to mind-control my 3-year-old into feeding them treats all day.

CJK
17-01-2006, 03:24 PM
eerrrgghhhh I dont like rats, sorry!

my brother got one once while i was away in america, he was living with me at the time. but he didnt tell me had got one and that he let it runa round my living room.
I came home to find this rat sitting on my sofa! i went beserk, sat in a firends hosue all day until my brother came home to catch it!
boy did he laugh. he used to put it on my shoulder cos he knew it made me cringe

cataddiction
17-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Do you know i love rats:D :D

Snoof
17-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I would never let mine run loose - we have a cat! And they're small and we all wear big boots around here :lol: I'd worry day and night if they were loose all the time, they just get free-range time and the rest of the time they live in their cage.

Cataddiction, I love them too :D But then I guess that's pretty obvious...