PDA

View Full Version : a friend of mine is getting a rescue cat/kitten

CathyW
15-01-2006, 12:16 PM
and hes been picking my brains, told him for the first few days or week dont let the kids pick kitty up,let the cat/kitten come to them,let puss settle in, said about all the stuff he will need, hes gonna have kitty done,didnt want any babys,ect. hes going to a CP place,where hes passed a home check,and they are going in feb to choose a baby, the kids are choosing then a week later they will go n pick their baby up, his kids are 10 and 7 so not babys who will want to *play* old enough to know right from wrong.
but i was so pleased when he told me,
when he gets it and we go n visit ill take the cam so picsa all round :D cant get enough of kitty pics. but i was pleased with the CP who are not rehoming cats over the xmas period. well done to them.

Snoof
15-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Our rescue stopped rehoming mid-December and started again after New Year :) Good plan for them, really, but at the time I didn't realise why and thought it was so they could have a holiday :oops: Silly me.

Good for your friend! I really want a Maine Coon, but I know I'll probably never have one... Not when there's rescues full of cats around. I have a bit of a bleeding-heart problem over here :lol:

CathyW
15-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Our rescue stopped rehoming mid-December and started again after New Year :) Good plan for them, really, but at the time I didn't realise why and thought it was so they could have a holiday :oops: Silly me.

Good for your friend! I really want a Maine Coon, but I know I'll probably never have one... Not when there's rescues full of cats around. I have a bit of a bleeding-heart problem over here :lol:i could never work for a CP id want to bring all the cats home,id have a house full of cats :D one day your find your maine coon sure of it ;)

PaulaB
15-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I have the same softie attitude as well. I went to look at a couple of kittens a little black queen and a black and white tom cat. When I got their their tabby mum climbed on my lap and the rest was history they are now reigning moggies of my home and are tabby mum, Queenie, black demon wallpaper stripping queen Tippy (she has the tiniest white tip on the end of her tail) and Socks the big black and white tom who uses my collie Lucy as a surragote mum as she does all of the mum things without biting him.

Mags
15-01-2006, 07:19 PM
It is so good that you took the family on Paula...well done!

CathyW
15-01-2006, 07:50 PM
when we went to get ONE kitten we came home with the 2 brothers,well they where the last 2 in the litter left,and i didnt have the heart to split them up,plus couldnt choose between the 2 of them,they where indentcal:D

Snoof
15-01-2006, 10:48 PM
:lol:

My boyfriend keeps saying when we go to get our new additions, he's coming with to prevent me coming home with an entire litter :oops: Dunno where he gets that mad idea though :smt105

dinahsmum
16-01-2006, 09:01 AM
They're soooo appealing! :roll:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_18.gif