PDA

View Full Version : non cat, weird rash can anyone help?

Jac
14-01-2006, 05:33 PM
My little girl had a tempreture last night and looked a bit black under her eyes. She went to bed fine. This morning she had a bit of a croupy cough. We went to the kennels and then for a bite to eat. She could hardly keep her eyes open. Normally she bounces about and eats everything in sight. Anyway I noticed a dapple kind of rash on the back of her hands and up her arms. You know like granny's fireside tartan. Anyway she has a few red spots on her face. Any ideas? She is lying in front of the telly just now. No temp but lathargic.

dinahsmum
14-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Have you done the 'run the glass over the rash to make sure it's not meningitis' test?
http://www.meningitis-trust.org/disease_info/symptoms.php?category=18&section=2
DON'T PANIC - I'm not suggesting it is, doesn't realy sound like it, does it? - just saying if you can eliminate that you can stay nice and calm and wait for it to either go away or develop into whatever it is going to be.
Could it be German Measles? That is a rash with tiredness without necessarily giving a temperature?
Or maybe it's an allergic reaction to something.

Sorry - not much help - and I hope I haven't panicked you - don't mean to.

Jac
14-01-2006, 05:58 PM
No its ok you havent panicked me. It was the first thing I thought of. I just cant think what it could be. The markings on her hands are away now but she stil has the rash on her face. Strange!!!!!
Theyre not blisters just little red pin ***** marks and nothing behind her ears:?

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:08 PM
What are the spots like Jac i.e. are they rased or under the skin like a blood rash? and where exactly are they on her body? Has she got any temperature at all, even low grade? Is she taking any medication at the minute?

Jac
14-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Fran
Glad your here. They are little red spots on her face but not behind her ears. Like pin pricks. Not raised. She has a temp on and off. One minute she's high as a kite next really flat

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Just on her face Jac? No where else? How long has she had them and are they in a specific place on her face?

Jac
14-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Fran,
I think it could be measels. Tell me what you think. Her spots are appearing as we talk. Behind her ears, face and on her back (just coming up). Her eyes (the whites) are blood shot, and really dark underneath. She has a temp but cant find my thermometor.

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Jac....measles is like a blood rash, sort of under the skin if you know what I mean. Has she had all her childhood jabs? Sounds to me like you ought to get a doctor to her Jac....rather not take any chances especially with the little ones as they go downhill so quickly..

Jac
14-01-2006, 06:35 PM
It's like a prickley heat rash. She is up to date.

Bingo she just had her latest injections about 6 weeks ago. MMR and another one cant remember what the second one was. The nurse said it would take about 6 weeks to come out. Not to worry and give her calpol

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Possibly a reaction to the immunisations she has had Jac, could also be a viral rash if she has croup. Think I would give the NHS direct a ring for peace of mind though...

Jac
14-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes I will. Better to be safe than sorry. I'll go just now, need to pop out for calpol. Will let you know what they say. And thanks...

Naomi
14-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Thomas has had the exact same rash over his face and body for the past week. Dr reckons it's 'child acne' :roll: Thomas' skin has gone really dry so just rub some vaseline on it. Personally I think it's cos Thomas is having another major growing spurt

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Yes I will. Better to be safe than sorry. I'll go just now, need to pop out for calpol. Will let you know what they say. And thanks...

Let us know Jac.... {{Hugs to you and your little on}}

Jac
14-01-2006, 07:07 PM
OK I'm back. Just gave her calpol and phoned NHS direct although they didnt say to do anything I'm not. Give her calpol, sponge her down if she gets too hot. Keep an eye on her,make sure she gets plenty of fluids, if she gets any worse then call back and they will send out a Doc. They think its her latest jabs. although it could also be something viral as she did have a croupy sounding cough this morning. I dont know about anyone else but I hate getting a Doc out, out of hours.
I'll watch her tonight and if she is any worse I'll get a Doc tomorrow unless its an emergency. Thanks PK

Fran
14-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Glad all seems well Jac. I think we all hate calling a doctor out of hours but when it comes to the little ones if you are worried at all then it has to be done. Let us know how she is Jac x

Jac
14-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Will do and thanks again. xx

Donna
14-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Hows your little one now Jac?

CJK
15-01-2006, 05:34 AM
hi, hope she's ok.
both of my kids come out in a rash that sounds exactly the same, quite often.
Does she ahve a sore throat?
My 7 year old had this last month, riased rash which he described as sore not itchy, lethargic, temp on and off, rash spread like wildfire in an hour. He went from nothing to looking bright red all over, of course I ran for the glass!! turned out it was streptococcyus bacterial infection in his throat. (i know i cant spell it!!)
As i said though both mine get these kind of rashes, often with a temp. it seems to be something they just come out in when they got some sort of virus, but i do hope your little un is ok

Fran
15-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Jac....how is she this morning? What sort of night did you have with her?

Jac
15-01-2006, 09:25 PM
OH spent the night on the couch with her. She was up and down all night.
Today her nose is running her eyes are gunky and the temp comes and goes. I think she may have a virus and conjunctivitus. I'm going to take her to the Doc tomorrow. It's now obvious it's more than jjust her injections.

Donna
15-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Think she needs antibiotics Jac. Get her to the docs as soon as you can. I hate seeing kids ill, dont you?

Jac
15-01-2006, 09:46 PM
It really tugs your heart strings doesnt it? I wish it was me instead of her.
Last night her temp was so high her lips were scarlett. She's sleeping on the couch at the moment.

Fran
16-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Lets know how you get on with her at the docs tomorrow Jac x

Kim
16-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Poor little one, hope she is okay. Let us know how you get on at the doc.

Donna
17-01-2006, 12:05 AM
How is your daughter today Jac??