PDA

View Full Version : worried about 6 month old

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:31 AM
My 6 month old boy started throwing up this morning. (please dont look if youre queemish)
the first time was brown and stinky, now it yellow colour. Rang vet, they said see how he is, if he not sick again might be something he eaten, but if not better by lunch time take him in.
He doesnt go out, so I dont know whats wrong with him. VEt said maybe he eaten some of the big boys food when iw asnt looking.
I've heard so many times how serious it can be when cats throw up, so am hoping it turns out to be nothing. :cry:

Fran
13-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Actually CJ, vomiting in cats is quite common and they can do it for no apparant reason. (Diarrhoea on the other hand is not common in cats and should always be investigated) How is he in himself? still bright and playful? If it's the first time he has done it and there is quite a lot then I think for peace of mind I would get him checked over by your vet. Do let us know how he gets on...

dinahsmum
13-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Sounds like good vet advice.
Yellow sick tends to mean that their tummy is very empty - which is probably the best thing.
Make sure there's water available and keep an eye
Sure all will be well - stay cool! x
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_18.gif

Moli
13-01-2006, 10:40 AM
As he is so young CJ, I would have him checked over by the vet, just to put your mind at rest.Let us know how he goes....

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:41 AM
I've not seen him doing it before in the 6 weeks i ownde him, but thanks you HAVe put my mind at rest a bit, think i was getting vomitting mixed up with diorrhea!!!!
He is a short hair persian, so maybe he has the same trouble with hair balls that other persians do. It doesnt seem to be much, so will see how he is at lunch time.

thanks for giving me some peace of mind Fran, appreciate that! i was on the verge of making mself sick with worry!

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:42 AM
blimey, in the time i took to write that two more replies! you guys must type faster than me lol.
he hasnt eaten much overnight, and i ahve only left water down this morning. He is his usual self, in between. so fingers crossed.
thanks everyone!

Moli
13-01-2006, 10:44 AM
My two get furballs as well, I put a couple of drops of cod liver oil in their food, it really helps...

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:50 AM
oh i hadnt heard of that, just the neat liquid you can buy in health shops? i may try thAt too, thanks for that advice

Moli
13-01-2006, 10:54 AM
oh i hadnt heard of that, just the neat liquid you can buy in health shops? i may try thAt too, thanks for that adviceIts just ordinary cod liver oil, I buy mine in Superdrug, I put 2 drops on their food....It also gives them a lovely shiny coat...

Jac
13-01-2006, 01:27 PM
It also gives them a lovely shiny coat...

She really uses pledge:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mags
13-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Its just ordinary cod liver oil, I buy mine in Superdrug, I put 2 drops on their food....It also gives them a lovely shiny coat...
Thanks for the tip Moli, I think I will use that too....:-P

CJK
13-01-2006, 03:17 PM
pledge? will Mr sheen do?
(it does say shines umpteen things clean lol)
I looked in my local shops today, couldnt see any! but will definatly try that.

Just to update, no more barfing today! he eaten about half a pouch of kitty food, so about normal for him, given him plenty water. he had his cuddles and seems ok now.
thanks everyone,i was so worried, myother two cats only usually throw up solid stuff ie thier food, this was liquid so was bit worried

Jac
13-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats good CJK. Looks like he's on the mend.

Mr Sheen would do the trick as well:-D

Naomi
13-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Funny you should say about your little kitty being ill.

My Moli was sick last night and she's coming up 6 months old :? Good job I was first one up this morning cos if hubby had seen it he'd have gone mental :shock:

dinahsmum
13-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Hope they're both better soon.
Maybe it is an age thing?
Do you think they are just old/big enough to 'pig out' for the first time?

Naomi
13-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't know H but she's been sleeping a heck of a lot today

CJK
13-01-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah darcy ( as he is now known) has slept a lot today, but then so ahve i as still getting over bronchitis. He seems ok when awake, but tonight i put out his foil of kitty meat, and what did he do? went straight to the big boys food and shoved oatmeal and twix out the way to try and gulp down adult foils!
and they let him shove them away! thought twix was the dominant one in this house! maybe he got at that last night and it still too rich for him.

oohh the wait for little shakira (kira) toa rrive"!

Elaine
13-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh bless that Mr Darcy. Eva the Diva is the one to muscle in on the food in our house. She really is one greedy girl.;)

CJK
13-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Mr darcy is better than darcy! cool name elaine!