PDA

View Full Version : money back

bobbie3917
12-01-2006, 03:04 AM
hello all

like i have said i have 2 queens that i am hoping to breed. my first litter should be some time this year. i have read a lot of things about early nurturing and i do agree with it in part BUT i am finding it hard to find a vet in my area that will do it at such an early age (i.e. 13 weeks or so) so what i have now thought about it offering money back off the price of the kitten when they get them done with a letter off there vet saying that this has been done. i was thinking about offering £50 back for each kitten, i will also be holding on to the kittens paper work until this is done (they will get a pedigree but not the pink slip).
what do you lot think about this? to take advantage of this the kitten would have to be done no later than 6 and a half months old. would any of you go for this or do you all think i would be wasting my time?

Fran
12-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Well as you know I have been looking into buying pedigree kittens recently. It seems fairly common place for the pink slips to be withheld until neutering has been done and proven. Most breeders, it seems give you a form for your vet to sign to confirm neutering has taken place and once the breeder has that proof she will send the new owners the pink slips. I haven't heard about any breeders offering a money back for the neutering though. Seems quite a lot of trouble for you to go to Nat...why not just charge a little less for the kittens in the first place rather than mess around refunding money?? just a thought?

CJK
12-01-2006, 09:36 AM
i spoken to a breeder of rag dolls, and she asks £350 for them, they are homed at 12 weeks, and by then are nuetured, chipped,wormed,fleaked,vaccintaed!
12 weeks seems really early to me persoanlly. I can fully understnad why she wants them spayed etc, but boy does that seem early!

yola
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
When I bought my 2 persians no paperwork was withheld, but then I didn't need the incentive! I suspect though that many do and I also think the money back is a great idea - money after all the the greatest motivator there is for a lot of people. However you need to do your sums and make sure it doesn't eat into any profit you hope to make from the sale of the kittens.

dinahsmum
12-01-2006, 11:06 AM
It's an excellent plan to try to make sure the kits are neutered but I'm not sure of the best way....................Is there a specific breeders website which would give advice?

Kay
12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Natalie

Welcome to the worls of breeding, in advance.

I would suggest you draw up a contract as most reputable breeders insist on new owners signing one. They are a legal document if the worst happens. If you would like to see the contract I have for my kittens PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. You could use mine or adapt it as you see fit.
Although neutering can be done as early as 14 weeks not many vets are prepared to do it. I myself think it is too much to put such a young kitten through especially as they will have only just had their vaccinations. Too much stress can make them more likely to develop FIP which is almost always fatal. Withholding the paperwork is the best option and give the new owners a form to be signed and stamped by their vet when the op has been done. When this is returned to you send the pink slip on. I will send you a copy of my form as well if you want. I personally wouldn't offer a money back scheme, it will never stop those who aren't bothered about papers and think they can make a fast buck but you will be able to tell those types, believe me. If you need anymore help just give me a shout.

Kay.

bobbie3917
13-01-2006, 12:15 AM
thanks Fran

i did think about dropping the price but that might attract the wrong type of ppl and i think by offering money back more ppl will think about it.

hi CJK
it is young but most kittens bounce right back from it. and £350 for a ragdoll pet that is done is good.

your right Yola
it should get ppl just to start thinking about it which is a good thing, i will have to work out if £50 is the right amount i might say less for a boy as they dont cost so much to do. i was thinking about offering half the cost of the op back

thanks Dm

and Kay i have PM'ed you :D