PDA

View Full Version : We are booked in - for the Op

Kazz
11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Took Cleo to the vets and have booked her in for an op to have the cyst removed next Thursday morning, take her in between 9-10am and get her back early afternoon :smile: the vet said better to remove it now she is healthy in herself, and before it gets any bigger.

I'd prefer to have it done now, than leave it alone until I have to have it removed and then she may not be so well :???: plus she'll be a little older, the vet Pablo will also clean her teeth and remove one that is looking a little not to good before it gets to bad, its better to get it all sorted once than put her back under the knife in a few months.

So next Thursday is the day.:D

Donna
11-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Hope all goes well for her next week. Keep us posted x

Fran
11-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh Kazz...I'm glad they are going to do something about the cyst. Is it a general anaesthetic? how are you feeling about that? I hope all goes well for Cleo and will be thinking about you both :cat21

Mags
11-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Hope all goes well next Thurday Kazz.......((((hugs)))) to Cleo..

Moli
11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
"Hugs" for Cleo, Hope everything goes OK....

dinahsmum
11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
There'll be lots of breath-holding and finger-crossing here Kazz but they wouldn't do it if they thought it wasn't safe. She'll be fine. Remember what a wuss I was about Dinah.........and it was all fine. Sure your vet will give you a ring to tell you she's out of anaesthetic if you ask.

So, the second thing you do after getting the all clear (after taking 10 deep breaths and putting a huge smile on your face) is post an 'all-clear' message here!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_20.gif

Kay
11-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Best get it done now for Cleo sake. I'll be thinking of you both. Give Cleo a big hug from me.

Kay.

borderdawn
11-01-2006, 08:47 PM
She'll be fine Kazz, shes a tough cookie.
Dawn.

yola
11-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Lots of hugs and kisses of good luck to Cleo for next Thursday. Big hugs to you too Kazz - I'm sure Cleo will be much happier without the cyst

Kazz
11-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks all yes she is a tough cookie thanks all. Just look out for the all clear message:D

Karen

Kazz
11-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Sure your vet will give you a ring to tell you she's out of anaesthetic if you ask.

What do you mean phone me I will be sitting in the waiting room :roll: I don't think they will let me in the Op room;)

Karen

Fran
11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
What do you mean phone me I will be sitting in the waiting room :roll: I don't think they will let me in the Op room;)

Karen

and I really believe you will Kazz ;)

Kazz
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Of course I will.

She is family and I wouldn't leave her alone longer than I need to for anything in the world. As soon as I can collect her I will be there.
I am wearing a teeshirt to bed for the next week so I can put in in her basket, so she knows I am there. :roll: Soppy eh?

I am not worried but will be anxious next week:? it is for the best for her and thats all I am interested in - always have been always will be.

Karen

Fran
11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
We will all be 'with you' next week Kazz and will be anxious for updates x

EmmaG
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
awww good luck Karen, I am sure everything will go fine. She is very very lucky to have somebody so caring as you as her mum :)

Kazz
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
No Emma she is not lucky I am the lucky one to have such gorgeous funny cats:D

EmmaG
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Well I won't argue with that :)

CathyW
11-01-2006, 11:20 PM
thats what barnaby had done a cyst removal, hes got a big bald patch and about 3 inches of stiches,and if shes a good cat (unlike barnaby) she will have her stiches in for about 10 days,but cause barnaby was naughty,hes got to wait till the 23rd jan b4 they take his out,dont forget to go to a charity shop and get a baby t-shirt might need it.,hes 16 and came out of the anestictic (sp?) well, so im confident your baby will as well.

smudgley
11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
She will be fine, she won't be under for long, just enough time to remove the cyst & give her a quick dental, she'll be round before you know it.:)

Hugs to you & Cleo.:cool: