PDA

View Full Version : Poor little soul

Jac
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
This is a dog we got in on Thursday. He is ment to be 18 months old! Totally imancipated, stunted growth through ill feeding but was ment to be LOVED. He will be going to the vet tomorrow and will take about 6 months to get back to normal. He came from a so called loving home and has great blood lines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/dog.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/untitled.jpg

and people wonder why I get upset

Fran
08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
OMG!!! Poor little soul :(

Cross reference to the breeding thread...this is a pedigree dog. Where are the breeders now????? and yet loving caring people who would take back moggie kittens are being critized :roll:

Mags
08-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Poor boy:cry: That is so heartbreaking to see his bones like that:(

Jac
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Fran, unfortunatly through past experiance they dont want to know unless they can use the dog for breeding. I broke my heart when I saw him and he is so loving! but that's normally the case.

Fran
08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
The breeders are responsible to sort this out surely Jac and take back this little one and care for him..

Mags
08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Fran, unfortunatly through past experiance they dont want to know unless they can use the dog for breeding. I broke my heart when I saw him and he is so loving! but that's normally the case.
Food for thought Jac:roll:

Jac
08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I did try but the number is not recognised anymore.

Moli
08-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Thet do not give a dam, made their money!!!!

Fran
08-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I did try but the number is not recognised anymore.

:( :( :( They shouldn't be allowed to breed anymore. Just my opinion....

Jac
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
We have even tryed to find them on the internet but no joy. The stud dog used, well lets just say he wouldnt go to them! I dont think for one minute they would be interested anyway.

Fran
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
very very sad indeed :( Glad he is now in your loving care Jac and hope that he is not left with too many emotional scars :(

Moli
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
How can any human do this to an animal, that poor little boy was till Jac got him, living in a family home with children, surely she could see how thin her poor dog was!!!!I would love to meet this lady!!!!

yola
08-01-2006, 10:23 PM
That just makes me SO sick. :evil: I find I'm loosing faith in humanity when I see that kind of thing. Thank heaven there are still those that DO care and will look after this lovely dog - JAC you're an angel :)

EmmaG
08-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh poor poor thing... :(

Glad to hear you are now looking after him Jac :)

I would love to know how he gets on

I am not going to say anything more as I can feel my blood boiling..

Jac
08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Had to go and read my wee one a story. I will keep you all updated on this wee boy.

Donna
08-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Such a saddening photo. That poor dog was never loved, or cared for. It has been starved. And worse no doubt. Glad you are looking after him now Jac.

Moli
08-01-2006, 10:42 PM
At least he is now safe, will be fed properly and will be given the love and cuddles he needs....

Elfin
08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
i'm glad he has found his way to a safe and loving place Jac. I am shocked that people can treat animals in such a manner.

Kim
09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
This is disgusting, poor dog. No animal deserves to be treated like this. Thank goodness he is with you Jac and will be loved and well cared for.

Snoof
09-01-2006, 01:21 AM
That's awful, poor dog :( I'm glad he's in good hands now.

dinahsmum
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I really like boxers and am so saddened to see a picture like that. FGS - how much more difficult/expensive is it to give him enough food rather than just some food.
Fingers crossed for him to be happy for the rest of his life.
Maybe it's a good thing you're a way away from me Jac - I'd be really tempted and Dinah would love a friend.........

xxxxs to you Jac. Thank goodness you, and Smudgely and the others, do what you do.

Elaine
09-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Poor baby. Beggars beleif what people will put an animal through. At least he has a good chance of a happy and loving life now.

deester
10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
OMG it really shocks me... how could anyone let it get to this stage... its cruelty. Hope that this dog regains his full health, best of luck with him, poor mite.

Kay
10-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I find it really hard to believe a supposed loving home could not see he was starving. They should have their food taken away from them and not given enough to live on. They should also be banned from ever owning any other animal for life.

Jac
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM
We have had him to the vet. He only weighs 15 kilos. He should be about 28. He goes back on Friday. He also is on antibiotics for his pressure sores and he has cuts in his ears. Dont know how:? . Antway ladies he will be well cared for. Will let you know how he gets on on Friday.

Kay
10-01-2006, 08:26 PM
We have had him to the vet. He only weighs 15 kilos. He should be about 28. He goes back on Friday. He also is on antibiotics for his pressure sores and he has cuts in his ears. Dont know how:? . Antway ladies he will be well cared for. Will let you know how he gets on on Friday.

At least he is young enough to enjoy a proper home. Good luck with him Jac let us know how he gets on at the vets. Give him a very gentle hug from me.

Kay.

CJK
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
aww thats so sad,that poor thing. how come no matter how badly treated an animal will always still lvoe it's owner and wag it's tail when it sees them, hoping to get loved and fed? If it wer em i'd bite thier butts so hard! the poor thing. If you cant afford to feed a pet properly dont get one.

Jac
14-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi all
I saw Simba today and he is gaining weight. He is dreadfully hand shy and is going to take some work. He has bitten twice, but he was off the lead and the person who had him out raised her hand to take hair out her face. Then hey presto he thought he was going to get hit. He's going to be castrated soon as well (once he has gained a few more pounds) he is a wee sweetie though. I'm sure he is workable.

Fran
14-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Poor thing :( I really hope he comes good and then gets that forever loving home he so desperately needs

Jac
14-01-2006, 07:28 PM
The girl that is working with him is great. I have no doubts she will be able to turn him round. Once he realises that he is getting fed regularly and not hit whenever someone feels like it he'll be fine. It wont happen over night but I'm sure it will. You get a "feeling" about animals and he just wants to be loved. It will be about 6 months before he's fit to move to his forever home I think. There will be a special home for him when he's able to move on. As for the people (I use that term loosley) that had him..........well the SSPCA have taken there other dog.

Donna
14-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Glad the other owners had their other pet removed. Poor things. This little boy is obviously terrified he will be beaten if he has bitten cos the girl put her hand up....... he will find a better home soon x

ajs
14-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Isn't it heart breaking. Sadly I am very familiar with the tragedy of back street breeding in dogs and the waste of life caused through thoughtless breeders not caring where their pups go.

Is there the same problem with breeders of cats? I have a suspicion that the problem with stray cats is mainly moggies that have not been neutered or spayed as kittens, rather than the pure breeds. Am I wrong?

My brother and his wife rescued a birman some years ago and he is a beautiful cat with an amazing temperament. He is so brave and fearless! I love cats and used to live with a lady who had a lovely persian. When I was little my aunty had siamese that when they went outdoors had to go in a huge cat "kennel and run" with trees in it to climb (a bit like a zoo area I thought). I always thought it was strange she kept them trapped in and didn't let them free to roam like our moggies were, but I didn't really understand the dangers of the world to those pedigree cats.

I would love to rescue a pure breed cat one day if there is one looking for a home.

dinahsmum
16-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I would love to rescue a pure breed cat one day if there is one looking for a home.

I think all the breeds run breed-specific rescues Alison.

Jac
16-01-2006, 11:09 AM
They do. Breed spacific rescue/welfare's

The girl that gave up Simba was on the phone last night. Would you believe she wants him back! NO danger. She got quite abusive on the phone. Some people I ask you. I wouldnt give her the cold, never mind a dog. He has been legally signed over and thats the way it will stay.

ajs
16-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I wonder why the owner changed her mind? It is so strange isn't it. I wonder why she gave him up if she "loved him". Clearly she didn't deserve him and he is in a much better place now.

I just had a call about a 6 months old pup who has been badly beaten by her "dad" and is wounded and terrified. I hate people sometimes.

(I am moving house soon, all being well. When I have moved in and we are all settled I will look at the cat rescue sites in case I can help one or two:) .)

Chairman Miaow
03-02-2006, 11:48 AM

Thats terrible! When I got Mica (who is spayed) her breeder said that I could bring her back to them at any point in her lifetime, obviously Meeky is my kitty and will be with me forever but after my last exprience with a bad breeder it was nice to know how much she cared. A breeder has a lifetime responsibility to all their cats full stop.

The poor boy :cry:

ajs
16-02-2006, 08:08 AM
That is a good recommendation for Mica's breeder in my opinion Chairman miaow.
Someone who cares about the breed (and hopfully is knowledgeable about the genetics etc) and also about each individual that they bring into the world.....and will take them back and make sure they are cared for appropriately if need be.

Donna
16-02-2006, 01:06 PM
How is the "poor little soul" now Jac?