PDA

View Full Version : for kay re: royal canin 33

deester
04-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Glad you are feeling better Deester and that your mum is doing well. Hope all goes well with the biopsy. How are the cats getting on with Royal Canin 33? One of the kittens Tilly had last year had to be put on it and he is doing really well now... a little too well in fact!!!

have found the royal canin sensible 33 to be exellent right from the start the improvement is amazing. it seems to suit them all and they really like it too. have also found a good supplier petfoodsnstuff sell a 10kg bag for 30.99 +2.99 p&p which is the cheapest ive seen it and theyre sevice is exellent, you order it online and don't pay untill its been delivered.

borderdawn
04-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I feed sensible 33 and fit 32, its an excellent food. I bought Wiggy a bag of the kitten food and he wont touch it!:( Ferret likes it though.:D I get it wholesale price but would still pay shop price because of its quality.
Dawn.

yola
04-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I've fed Royal Canin persian mix since Fifi and Balie were about 9 months old. Have had little to no problem with the food and have not really needed to supplement it apart from treats . . . they seemed to take to it right away.

I was told Darcy only ate one of the Iams biscuits, but I just gave him the same as the other 2 and he took to it no problemo.

Kim
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
I have fed mine the Royal Canin sensible 33 for several years now, and have never found anything better. They all look good on it (although Sasha should definitely have the light variety!) and they all love it. I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Donna
05-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Why is this food so special compared to anything else you can buy? Is it meat or biscuits or both?

smudgley
05-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Why is this food so special compared to anything else you can buy? Is it meat or biscuits or both?

Royal canin is a dry food. It's a premium quality food & I think it's an excellent food for dogs & cats. We wean some of our pups onto it at work & find it fantastic food.

Donna
05-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Royal canin is a dry food. It's a premium quality food & I think it's an excellent food for dogs & cats. We wean some of our pups onto it at work & find it fantastic food.

Thanks Smudgley!!

There is so much to learn about cats isnt there!!:?

bobbie3917
05-01-2006, 02:21 AM
i feed mine Royal Canin maine coon (i dont know what number it is) although they are both on Royal Canin kitten right now as Scarlott has decided that kitten food in nicer

smudgley
05-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Forgot to say - I have been on a one day Royal Canin seminar when somebody came to my place of work to explain about their products. The work they put behind the food & the research they do to get it right is unbelievable. They do foods in all lifestages from birth right through to elderly animals & they also take great care in ensuring the correct nutrients are in their food. They look at things like rapid growth (dogs!) ie a giant breed grows at a different rate to a large breed / small breed etc, so they take all this into consideration, their range of food is huge & I think the different growth rates is very important.
Not sure about breed specific foods though :smt017 does a labrador really need "Royal canin labrador" & does a GSD need "Royal canin GSD" for a normal maintenance diet? When there is a perfectly good adult maintenance food is the same range.:?

Edit to add ~ I'm not knocking the breed specific foods, just wondering if they are the same as the maintenance food?

yola
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Smudgely - not sure about dogs, but for cats breed-specific is relevant as some have different health issues from others; propensity to kidney disease, furball issues, potential heart weaknesses. This is especially for pedigrees.

Would there be the same types of problems with different dog breeds?

smudgley
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Smudgely - not sure about dogs, but for cats breed-specific is relevant as some have different health issues from others; propensity to kidney disease, furball issues, potential heart weaknesses. This is especially for pedigrees.

Would there be the same types of problems with different dog breeds?

Good point Yola - I hadn't thought of that. :)
In dogs, there are breeds that are prone to certain health problems, but the Labrador & the Golden Retriever are both retriever breeds & both prone to similar problems. Also I can't think of anything different about the dietary requirements for a Lab & a GSD. Both large breeds - & although possibly have different needs whilst growing - as an adult I can't see anything that is different between their needs. I'm sure there could be, but I'm not sure what they are :? Maybe I'll take a look on a bag of "labrador" & bag of "GSD" & a bag of "adult" and see if I can spot the difference.:)

Donna
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
So is there anything wrong with Whiskas/Felix? My cats will only eat Felix. But must admit not tried the really expensive brands. Who feeds their cats just dry food?

smudgley
05-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Nothing at all wrong with whiskas and felix Donna - my theory is, if your pet does well on a food & it suits them, then that's great. I prefer to feed just dry food. But my hubby often gives my cats some meat as a treat. :roll:

yola
05-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Ditto what Smudgely said. No problems at all with felix/whiskas or similar just that my cats used to get major squitts with wet food and we had meaty furballs :shock: everywhere . . . yuk!! The biscuits I feed them are specifically for persians and minimise the occurance of furballs hugely :-D

Donna
05-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Smudgley, Thanks Yola!!!:lol:

Fran
05-01-2006, 01:25 PM
So is there anything wrong with Whiskas/Felix? My cats will only eat Felix. But must admit not tried the really expensive brands. Who feeds their cats just dry food?

My cats have both meat and biscuits. I don't really like the idea of feeding an all dry diet for either dogs or cats to be honest. Your cats look very well and have extremely shiny coats so obviously the food you are feeding them suits them well :)

Donna
05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes thats true Fran. Best I stick to Felix!!

Kim
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM

Mine just seem to like the taste beter than anything else!!

I don't the idea of feeding a completely dry food diet either. However, Misty our Birman, tends to prefer to eat the dry food, whereas the others have a mixture of both. I feed them wet in the morning and evening and they have dry left down all day to 'graze' on.

CathyW
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
my cats have wet cat food,and a bowl of dry to pick at when ever thay want,and my dog has dry,so he can pick at when ever he wants.

bobbie3917
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
at the moment i have a bowl of royal canin kitten 34 down all day i top it up ever morning and they both eat it. then 3 times a day i feed whiskers kitten to minx and adult (topped with kitten)to Scarlott

Kay
10-01-2006, 11:42 AM
have found the royal canin sensible 33 to be exellent right from the start the improvement is amazing. it seems to suit them all and they really like it too. have also found a good supplier petfoodsnstuff sell a 10kg bag for 30.99 +2.99 p&p which is the cheapest ive seen it and theyre sevice is exellent, you order it online and don't pay untill its been delivered.

Hi Dee

Glad it worked. I have always fed Royal Canin and never had any trouble with either my adults or when weaning the kittens. That it is an excellent price. I can get it direct from Royal Canin but that is only on a breeders club scheme and that is £27.99 delivered free. The only other place I know you can get it cheaper is a Batley's Cash and Carry but of course you need a card for that.
If I am coming done to either/or both of the shows held at the Animal Centre at Godmanchester I will let you know and I could bring some down for you, if you want.

Regards Kay.

deester
10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi Dee

Glad it worked. I have always fed Royal Canin and never had any trouble with either my adults or when weaning the kittens. That it is an excellent price. I can get it direct from Royal Canin but that is only on a breeders club scheme and that is £27.99 delivered free. The only other place I know you can get it cheaper is a Batley's Cash and Carry but of course you need a card for that.
If I am coming done to either/or both of the shows held at the Animal Centre at Godmanchester I will let you know and I could bring some down for you, if you want.

Regards Kay.

That would be fantastic. Let me know if advance if you can so I can make sure i'm in Cambs as i'm often up in yorkshire. In my home town of yorkshire there is a Batley's cash and carry... i will inquire around and see if anyone has a card. Thanks again.

Kay
10-01-2006, 05:15 PM
That would be fantastic. Let me know if advance if you can so I can make sure i'm in Cambs as i'm often up in yorkshire. In my home town of yorkshire there is a Batley's cash and carry... i will inquire around and see if anyone has a card. Thanks again.

Hi Dee

The show dates are 29/04/06 and 20/05/06. Hopefully I will be going to both especially as there is a possibility that I may be getting a new arrival. Fingers crossed.