PDA

View Full Version : Okay so who is planning....

Kazz
02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
So which one of you is planning what to do with your garden this year?

I have my eye on tree's in containers in the garden closest to the house, where the block paving is (due to the dogs mostly). Not narrowed down the choice of tree yet, but Acers of some sort I think.:D

Also plan on building a arch over the gate in the centre of the back garden seperating the patio from the garden plants, like a lychgate.
And a arbour with seating undereath, and covered top.
Plus another shed added, can't have too many sheds ;)

And planning some new climbers up the fence.
Honesysuckle; dropmore scarlet; fragrant,orange with a red throat.:D
Honeysuckle;americana, sented and yellow flowers ith a bit of purple.
Rose, Zephrine Drouhin the thornless climber. :D deep pink and strong heady fragrance, excellent repeat flowering.
Clematis Nelly Moser rose-mauve flowers.
Clematis - Abundance, soft purple.
And annual sweet peas. :D
My plan is climbers of bygone days, scent being as important a factor as length/or display of flowering. I don;t want to see the fence;)

I am also raising the height of the fence with trellis first :-D

Also planning a scree/alpine garden.;)

So what have you got planned for your garden

Mags
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
To be honest I haven't given it much thought yet Kazz:roll:
I don't usually do a lot of planning......just tend to go to the garden centre and if I see something I like, I buy it:-P
Over the years I have tried to make it more 'user friendly' as I suffer with backache if I do too much heavy work:roll: I have a rockery which doesn't require a lot of work and I tend to go for more container plants now.

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:02 PM
See then Mags you do plan maybe not lots in advance but you have a plan.;) Lots of garden centres have hlf or less priced pots now:-D

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I did my garden in the summer. After living in my house two years and not touching the garden it did resemble a jungle. It is only about 30ft long and quite narrow as I live in a victorian terrace. It had six trees in it!!! Three leylandi and three others - NEEDLESS TO SAY BEFORE I COULD DO ANYTHING THE TREES HAD TO GO!!!

After that the derelict shed was smashed up and all the rubbish was piled at the end of the garden and a "nice man in shorts" came and took it all away :-D

I had to plant the borders and seed the lawn and get a new shed. Also got a swingy chair as I love sitting outside when the weather is nice. So the garden is looking good....

Unfortunately my dad repaired next doors fence but it has gone again completely now. I KNOW THEY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. All my climbers and plants that were near the fence are now dead/broken. :cry:

So this year I suppose I will have to buy a a fence and get my dad to put it up. Also want to get some pots and planters for alongside the house where I look out from the dining room. Also might cover the old concrete path with shingle/slabs for a cottagey look.

Thats about it!!:)

Mags
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Trust you to see it like that Kazz:lol: .....I do plan in my own way, don't I?:-D
I might even check out the half priced pots now;) :-P

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Donna I am a garden junkie I need pictures honestly I need pictures.:D Sounds good though I like the shingle idea, and I love pots too.:-D

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Trust you to see it like that Kazz:lol: .....I do plan in my own way, don't I?:-D
I might even check out the half priced pots now;) :-P

What did I say now :roll: have I put my size 6's in it again. :roll:

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Will see what i can do kazz!

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh Ta Donna. I love gardens I need to get my fix even in the winter.;)

Mags
02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
What did I say now :roll: have I put my size 6's in it again. :roll:
Of course you haven't Kazz.....you just state the obvious!:lol:

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Thats what normaly gets me in touble. :roll: But you do plan Mags and haf price pots and statues are not to be sneezed at.;)

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Well firstly here is the garden after two years of total neglect from myself. Took me a while to get used to my house and the garden was just a place I didnt want to be....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/April7th2005005.jpg

It was awful wasnt it!!!

Well now here are some piccies of work in progress..

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/JULY007.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/JULY003.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/JULY008.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/JULY005.jpg

It will never be a really pretty garden but it is now usable!! Need to get the house painted and the shingle is for the concrete path when I can get it. Will start again in Spring no doubt.

Fran
02-01-2006, 08:20 PM
It's looking great Donna...a big improvement already!! I think it has the potential to be a very pretty garden :cool:

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
It's looking great Donna...a big improvement already!! I think it has the potential to be a very pretty garden :cool:

I literally had to start from scratch again once the trees were all ripped out. and cut down. The plants I have put in are so small at the moment so hopefully this summer they will grow and fill the border out a lot. Its a constant battle to keep the plants healthy!!

Mags
02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
It looks good Donna......and what a difference a bit of sunshine makes to a garden:-P

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Me too Fran I think it is already 100% better than before and coming on a treat. And I think the shinle will be a major improvement and lighten the whole garden :D maybe knock some holes through the concrete and plant some thyme, or scented herbs in the gaps - scent as you walk - ideal:-D

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Me too Fran I think it is already 100% better than before and coming on a treat. And I think the shinle will be a major improvement and lighten the whole garden :D maybe knock some holes through the concrete and plant some thyme, or scented herbs in the gaps - scent as you walk - ideal:-D

Thats a good idea!!!

I can now just keep on adding to it. It is now usable at least.

Kazz
02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Thats the fun of a garden you just keep adding to it.:D

Moli
02-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Honesysuckle; dropmore scarlet; fragrant,orange with a red throat.:grin:
Honeysuckle;americana, sented and yellow flowers ith a bit of purple.
Rose, Zephrine Drouhin the thornless climber. :grin: deep pink and strong heady fragrance, excellent repeat flowering.
Clematis Nelly Moser rose-mauve flowers.
Clematis - Abundance, soft purple.
And annual sweet peas. :grin:
My plan is climbers of bygone days, scent being as important a factor as length/or display of flowering. I don;t want to see the fence:wink:

Thanks Kazz, we a moving to a new house, that has a lot of walls and fences, been looking through the books for climbers, you have given me some great ideas!! especially the thornless rose, love climbing roses....

Kazz
02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
I aim to please even if I don't know it,
Here you are the link to David Austin roses,you can order over the net
and they send them out excellent service if I say so myself. Although I drive there I have ordered before and waited for the rose an excellent service.http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/

Just go to search for roses the left boxes then enter the name in search for roses for name. You will adore it.

The Zephrine Drouhin is an old old rose, that needs special care but once going its beauty and scent are beyond words.:-D

Moli
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks again Kazz, brilliant link, will definitely use them when I move!!!

Kazz
02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Okay where are you moving to and we need pictures woman of the garden mostly before during and after the garden is done.:D Although I would never chnage anything in a garden until I had seen it through 1 complete year and see what I have unless of course it is dangerous or I just couldn't live with it for some reason.:roll:

Moli
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
We are moving to a bungalow, not far from here, nearer to the sea, the garden is very nice, filled with trees, shrubs, but very formal, Lots of walls, and fences, there are some climbers, but I want to cover all the fences this summer...I will take pictures of the garden when we move in, then again during the summer...For once I will be able to have hanging baskets as the garden is well sheltered...

Kazz
02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Sounds lovely have you already sold your house?

Karen

Moli
02-01-2006, 10:39 PM
We have had an offer, but with the holiday's it all has to be finalised!!So fingers crossed, the solicitor should get the ball rolling by the end of this week!

Donna
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
We have had an offer, but with the holiday's it all has to be finalised!!So fingers crossed, the solicitor should get the ball rolling by the end of this week!

The time after Christmas and before New Year was very busy for me in my Estate Agents in Kent!!! Sold lots in that short time. Things must be looking up for the housing market!!:p

Mags
02-01-2006, 10:57 PM
The time after Christmas and before New Year was very busy for me in my Estate Agents in Kent!!! Sold lots in that short time. Things must be looking up for the housing market!!:p
Now I wouldn't have thought that was a busy time for Estate Agents:shock:

Kazz
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Mags you know estate agents are weird:roll:

Moli
Double post!

Moli
The Market up here is really good at the moment, with prices going up steadily....

Mags
02-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Mags you know estate agents are weird:roll:
So I've heard Kazz!:lol:

Donna
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
So I've heard Kazz!:lol:

You two calling me weird?????????????:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mags
02-01-2006, 11:04 PM
You two calling me weird?????????????:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now would we do that Donna?:shock: :-D :-D :-D

Donna
02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Now would we do that Donna?:shock: :-D :-D :-D

I dont mind being weird Mags, find it helps me fit in well with the rest of the gang on this forum!!!!:-D :-D :-D

Mags
02-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I dont mind being weird Mags, find it helps me fit in well with the rest of the gang on this forum!!!!:-D :-D :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...so you've sussed us out Donna!:-D

Donna
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...so you've sussed us out Donna!:-D

Straight away!!!:lol: :lol:

Mags
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Straight away!!!:lol: :lol:
Then you may have guessed Kazz is the worse!:lol:

Donna
03-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Then you may have guessed Kazz is the worse!:lol:

Ooohhhh, I not telling you that Mags!!!! Could be a little closer to home than that tho....:-D

dinahsmum
03-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Late on a thread again :roll:
I'm concentrating on my allotment this year, so I will bore you all silly bragging about the size of my tomatoes! :lol:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_201v.gif

Naomi
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Well finish putting the garage up would do me this year.

Yep guy's it's still not up but its moved from the front garden to the back garden (it's a kinda flat pack thingy) so you never know it may get put up this year once we've put the fencing up as that still hasn't been done either :roll:

Once that garage is up and the fencing done we can concentrate on the rest of the garden, paving most of it cos of the kids and the future doggy(s) but I wouldn't hold your breath guy's :D

bobbie3917
04-01-2006, 04:45 AM
when i move im going to try and split the garden for me and the dogs. every year my ER said he would sort the garden out, he would start it to late and it would just be like a mud pool in the winter. so this summer i am hoping for a some where nice to site