PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman grill

Mags
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Has anyone bought the George Foreman Health Grill....model No. 10099?
I am looking for one that will cook about 4 chicken breasts or 2 - 3 steaks etc.
This model caught my eye and I would be grateful if anyone has any information about it, please....
http://www.currys.co.uk/images/562376_01_huge.jpg

Fran
02-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Sorry Mags, I don't have any experience of them. Would be interested to know what you think of them if you get one though

Mags
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
My daughter said she would get me one for my birthday Fran.....she said all her inlaws use them and think they are great. I didn't realise there were so many different models though:roll: My hubby is getting fanatical about too much fat intake and these are supposed to be good for controlling it:-P

Elfin
02-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I have the smallest one that does 2 chicken breasts or one steak and it is great. Cooks meats brilliantly. I would recommend it. The only downside is the cleaning but if you get in the habit of doing it whilst it is hot its much easier.

Donna
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Strange you should post this link just now as I got the exact model you are asking about for christmas. Just used it tonight for the first time.

Must say firstly it is very easy to clean when you have finished using it which is a big plus point as far as I am concerned. Just a wipe down with a damp sponge and dry with kitchen roll :p

I cooked some thin sirloin steak tonight and put four pieces on which it had enough room for. It says to cook steak for 7 mins if you want it well done and as I havent used it before and the kids were eating the meat wanted to make sure it was cooked properly.

The meat was cooked quickly and evenly (although for my taste and the kids a bit too well done). Will try some thicker steaks next time and do it for slightly less time. All a case of trial and error at the moment.

Also bought some chicken breast fillets today so will try those too

Hope this helps!!

Mags
02-01-2006, 08:11 PM
That sounds brilliant Donna.....it is always nice to hear of someone who has the same one. I quite liked the look of that one and it does seem big enough if visitors pop in. Hurry up and cook those chicken breasts so I know how they turn out!:D http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/haushalt/s015.gif .....thanks Donna!

Donna
02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Its good for the diet too Mags.

First day today.. and have done ok.... did the steaks with salad for me :-D and Emma and oven chips for Sean :cry:

Willl do the chicken soon with more salad!!!

Mags
02-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Sounds good.....I like the healthy aspect of it....

CathyW
13-01-2006, 10:16 PM
ive got a small one,its big enough for the two of us,ive cooked chicken on it and it comes out so nice n tender,done turkey on it, sasages (but their a pain to clean off afterwards) bought my daughter one and one for my MIL :D george has done well out of me this year,id love to ge the big babrbie one for the summer :Dtake it away camping with us,

Mags
13-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I couldn't get the grill I originally wanted......so I've got this one instead..

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/dyn_imgs/prods/prod_large/259438.jpg
It's a good size.....but......I'm not allowed to have it until March:roll: :( :( :(

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:27 PM
i had an older model, but i hardly used it.i'm the sort of person who gets kitchen gadgets and forgets ive got them!
i got a steam cooker in the cupboard too, food atstes yummier. and i got a slow cooker. and a coffee machine thingy.

theyre gathering dust!

but getting back to the george foreman grill, you'll be SHOCKED tha fat that comes out of food!

Fran
13-01-2006, 10:44 PM
I couldn't get the grill I originally wanted......so I've got this one instead..

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/dyn_imgs/prods/prod_large/259438.jpg
It's a good size.....but......I'm not allowed to have it until March:roll: :( :( :(

What is the difference between the two models Mags?

Mags
13-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Fran, the one I've got now is slightly bigger.....it will take 6 chicken breasts with room for a few veg at the side. It also has a separate section to warm 6 rolls, pitta bread etc. Can't wait to use it!!:lol:

Fran
13-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Fran, the one I've got now is slightly bigger.....it will take 6 chicken breasts with room for a few veg at the side. It also has a separate section to warm 6 rolls, pitta bread etc. Can't wait to use it!!:lol:

It sounds excellent Mags..can't wait to hear your verdict!

Mags
13-01-2006, 11:00 PM
It sounds excellent Mags..can't wait to hear your verdict!
Watch this space!!:-D :-D :-D

EmmaG
13-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Very nice Mags, can't you twist somebodies arm to let you have it earlier???

:)

Mags
13-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Very nice Mags, can't you twist somebodies arm to let you have it earlier???

:)
Wish I could Emma but my daughter is so stubborn......don't know how she could be like that to her Mum!:roll: :-D

Fran
13-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Watch this space!!:-D :-D :-D

Looking forward to an invite for dinner, once you have the hang of it Mags ;)

Mags
13-01-2006, 11:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moli
13-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Why are you not allowed it till March Mags???

Mags
13-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Because she's got it for my birthday Moli....what a long wait!:roll:

Moli
13-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Because she's got it for my birthday Moli....what a long wait!:roll:Don't know how I have completely missed this thread:roll:

Mags
13-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Senior moment again Moli!:roll:

Moli
13-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Senior moment again Moli!:roll:Seems that way Mags, seem to have more and more just lately:roll: :roll:

Donna
14-01-2006, 09:16 PM
March will soon be here Mags. You will love cooking with this grill. I dont know how I managed without one before.. Had more steak tonight!!! Yum yum!! Getting to grips with the cooking times now so that I can have my steak fairly rare!!! Cooked all sorts on it, chicken, steak, onions, mushrooms, bacon, etc etc. Tis so easy!

Mags
15-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Did you get a recipe book with yours Donna?

Donna
15-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Did you get a recipe book with yours Donna?

Glad to see you in the land of the living again Mags :-P I didnt get a recipe book as such but a small booklet of some cooking times. Which is all I really need to use.

Mags
15-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks Donna!

As long as it has the timings to go with it I think that is all I will need too...how long til March now?:? :lol:

Donna
15-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks Donna!

As long as it has the timings to go with it I think that is all I will need too...how long til March now?:? :lol:

Still quite a while Mags! If yours doesnt come with a booklet then I can give you the times. But I am sure it will.