PDA

View Full Version : Cat stress

Elaine
02-01-2006, 09:28 AM
The cats are fine, its me who's suffering LOL
Thought the start of the year was a good time to give up smoking, how wrong am I???
Yesterday my old boy, Winston was very restless and demanding, fine I coped with that and remained patient and gave him lots of cuddles etc.
At 6.30 this morning Winston decided to wake me by meowing sharply in my ear, followed by clawing at the bed covers. Just got him settled when there was a loud crash in the kitchen. Got up to investigate and found that Bernie had pulled the bin over. Cleaned that up and stumbled sleepily through the darkness to go back to bed when I stubbed my toe on the rocking chair. Hopped around cursing for a bit then stood in a lovely warm package left by Eva.
Its gonna be one of those days. Any one got a cigarette?

Emm
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
That made me laugh so much :lol: :lol:

don't ya just love cats

STAY AWAY from the cigarettes :lol:

Donna
02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry, but it is funny!!! Can just picture the scene so well. Hope you manage to stay calm and not give in!!

Fran
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry for laughing but that was so funny :-D

Good luck with quitting Elaine!! Boys mum, one of our other members has just given up very recently :cool:

Mags
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I think I would go back to bed for the rest of the day!!

Elaine
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I can see the funny side now but at the time....
Have taken to frantically cleaning the house and eating any time I am near the fridge, man am i going to be one well rounded individual. The money I save from quitting will be spent on very large items of clothing i think:D

Elfin
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Step away from the cigarette packet!

Sounds like a fun morning in your house :D

Elaine
02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
FUN!!! Whats that???
I am like a bear with a sore head! Really need a fag!
Have 3 very beautifull sleeping kittys and boy would I love to poke 'em and keep them awake but ofcourse I wont.
Other half has ******ed off out, poor bloke got it in the neck as soon as he woke up.
Have cleaned the house from top to bottom and eaten almost all the contents of the fridge. What can i do now? Thought about taking a walk to the shops for some chocolate but will only come home with a packet of fags. Am slowly going insane:mad:

CathyW
02-01-2006, 03:28 PM
when ever theres stress a ciggerette wont help,there stress is always gonna be there.(think about it) and i found sugar free smints are helping alot with cravings) and sugar free gum. go for a brisk walk,or if u get cravings wash your hands,cant smoke with wet hands can u?/ and try n get hold of a book,called giving up smoking by alan carr,the mans a genius.google his name n see what it says. talks to you dosent lecture you.
im on my 5th week now,and hubbys on 4thweek :D it get easier as each day comes along, trust me. deep breathing helps,and your doctors should run a 1 2 1 non smoking session for u,and u can get patches or gum on script, GOOD LUCK, pm me if u ever want to chat through the cravings.it will be worth it in the end :D the money ive saved ive bought 2 pairs of trainers,and a bottle of aftershave for charlie,plus a t-shirt n joggers :D

yola
02-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Elaine - they're just testing your resilience to your new resolution!!!!

Seriously - keep up the giving up you will feel SO much better within as week or 2 and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about with ciggies :-D

The Alan Carr book really helped my brother (but he needs things like that to assist him - which is cool for him). I found just stopping did the trick . . . but I did have an incentive; found out I was pregnant - it was just over 3 years ago and I haven't even remotely WANTED one since, infact I'm the worst ex-smoker in the world now ;)

I'm sure you can do it - just stick to your guns girl!!!

CathyW
02-01-2006, 04:49 PM
lots off support from others helps a big bit,i get a glow inside when ppl say well done :oops:

yola
02-01-2006, 04:54 PM
BM - I found the opposite. I didn't make a big fuss about giving up as I hated people talking about it to me. It made me think about the giving up too much if it kept getting mentioned.

I guess everyone is motivated in different ways aren't they!!! :-D

CathyW
02-01-2006, 06:00 PM
BM - I found the opposite. I didn't make a big fuss about giving up as I hated people talking about it to me. It made me think about the giving up too much if it kept getting mentioned.

I guess everyone is motivated in different ways aren't they!!! :-Dim def a person who likes a bit of praise :oops: didnt get much of that when i was with my ex.

Elaine
02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanx for all the support folks.
I have to admit though that i did have 2 cigarettes this afternoon when a friend came round. Any money i save will be going on extra large clothes i fear.
But thankyou all and I will look up the Alan Carr book, cannt hurt can it?

CathyW
02-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanx for all the support folks.
I have to admit though that i did have 2 cigarettes this afternoon when a friend came round. Any money i save will be going on extra large clothes i fear.
But thankyou all and I will look up the Alan Carr book, cannt hurt can it?make an appointment at the docs for their stop smoking clinic,loads of help given there,and 2 ciggys thats good for your first day,:D