PDA

View Full Version : Sappho is having her first season

Elfin
01-01-2006, 09:52 AM
I am 110% sure of it although I have never seen a cat in season before. She is making lots of strange noises and rolling and coverting on the floor. In addition she is more cuddly than normal (she already was an affectionate kitten). The funny thing is her conversation with you, I had her in my arms last night when I came home from work (poor thing probably has no clue to what her hormones are doing) anyway when you spoke to her she made a miaow, it was line for line, when you spoke she responded.:-D

How long does it normally last for?

Fran
01-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi Elaine...you can't really mistake a queen in call....they yowl very loudly and persistently. All queens are different. A season can last for 5-7 days/nights, depending on cat. Some cats call every two weeks for seven days, some go for 3 weeks and then only call for 5 but it can vary a bit.

How old is she now and are you going to get her speyed? Cats in call will try every trick in the book to get out of the house to find a Tom :shock:

Elfin
01-01-2006, 11:20 AM
She is 7 months old today. We planned on getting her spayed after the new year anyway as there was too much happening in December. Will phone the vet on Wednesday and get her booked in!

Naomi
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Funny you posted this question I was going to ask the same thing.

I don't think my Moli kitten is in call as she isn't throwing herself on the floor. She's only 5 months old but she is constantly by my side meowing very loudly, the only time's she isn't meowing is when 1) she's eating, 2) she's sleeping and 3) when she's being made a fuss of. Thank goodness she's going to be spayed next month :lol:

Snoof
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Sappho definitely sounds like she's in heat! Some cats are just talkative though, and no amount of spaying or neutering will convince them otherwise :lol: (although it will still prevent you from having to find new homes for kittens every time you turn round!).

My Dishrag and I had conversations all the time, although I would often just meow back. I accidentally did it in front of my landlady once, she looked slightly mystified :lol:

Donna
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
My Dishrag and I had conversations all the time, although I would often just meow back. I accidentally did it in front of my landlady once, she looked slightly mystified :lol:

:lol: @ Snoof!!!

Snoof
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
;) Trust me, in the company I was keeping at the time, he provided the most intelligent discourse by far.

bobbie3917
03-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Nae cats can be her age and in call
most first calls dont last every long and are rather quite. you can be lucky and a girl that has long gaps between calls or some can be in call ever week on and off until either 1 they are mated or 2 they are spayed

Naomi
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm not letting her out until after she's been spayed, just incase, as I definately don't want kittens as she's only a baby herself.

bobbie3917
04-01-2006, 04:51 AM
good idea Nae