PDA

View Full Version : Electric cat...

LMC
28-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Every time I've touched Molly the last couple of days, sparks fly - we can both hear the crackle of static and I can feel it stinging my hands - so it must be stinging her too.

Anyone got any idea how I can earth my cat? - think it must be her as I've not had any problems handling any of the other three...

Donna
28-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Every time I've touched Molly the last couple of days, sparks fly - we can both hear the crackle of static and I can feel it stinging my hands - so it must be stinging her too.

Anyone got any idea how I can earth my cat? - think it must be her as I've not had any problems handling any of the other three...

Its happening here too! Misty and Chloe keep giving me shocks!!!

Ooooohhh very strange!!:?

Fran
28-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Very strange girls :? I have never experienced this from the cats. We sometimes get a 'shock' of our horse when we take his fleece rug off but I wash it in fabric conditioner and this helps combat the static. Not sure what to suggest with the kitties??

You girls must be electric!!! :lol: either that or you have supercharged kitties :shock:

Mags
28-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Very strange girls :? I have never experienced this from the cats. We sometimes get a 'shock' of our horse when we take his fleece rug off but I wash it in fabric conditioner and this helps combat the static. Not sure what to suggest with the kitties??

You girls must be electric!!! :lol: either that or you have supercharged kitties :shock:
I reckon the kitties have been up the tree playing with the lights!:roll: :-D

Moli
28-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I get it from Merlin and Leo!!!

Kay
29-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Have you been brushing her lately. Sometimes a brush can set off static in some cats fur. If that is the prob then try a pure bristle brush. You should be able to get one online from Purrsonal Touch. Just an idea as one of my Persians had it till I swapped brushes.

Donna
29-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Have you been brushing her lately. Sometimes a brush can set off static in some cats fur. If that is the prob then try a pure bristle brush. You should be able to get one online from Purrsonal Touch. Just an idea as one of my Persians had it till I swapped brushes.

My two run a mile if i try to brush them!! So its not that with mine?????????!!!!!!!!!!:roll:

dinahsmum
29-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I hate it when you stroke a cat and both jump back from the static. :shock: Don't think I have any solutions, other than silly ones like stroke her on a rubber mat :roll: , but I do sympathise. This doesn't happen to me any more - perhaps it's different clothes or different carpets.............?

Kay
29-12-2005, 04:11 PM
My two run a mile if i try to brush them!! So its not that with mine?????????!!!!!!!!!!:roll:

Must be the plastic bags Donna!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMC
29-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Nooo... she's a shorthair so I haven't brushed her recently - she doesn't like it, so I tend only to have a go when she really starts to moult!

Amber gets static when I brush her and I can understand that.

Perhaps it's the synthetics. I tried holding Molly up to the wooden door frame last night to 'earth' her, she wasn't impressed :smt043

Kay
29-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Maybe it is the synthetics. What about some little rubber boots to earth her. Could be quite sexy eh!!!