PDA

View Full Version : I have a 10kg bag of cat food to give away.

deester
24-12-2005, 10:54 AM
I have a 10kg bag of Aurtarky complete cat food to give away preferably to a cat rescue. The bag was purchased recently for £23.50 and has been opened but very little used. The reason im giving it away is that it doesn't suit one of my cats and its easier to feed them all the same. Please PM if anyone is interested in this for the price of the postage and i will arrange to post it. Otherwise i'll take it to the local blue cross.

Kay
29-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Hi

I went a few websites and found some Cambridgeshire rescues who might be thankfully of some food. Here are their details:-

Wood Green Animal Shelter at Huntingdon (they do a lot for rescued animals, I go there twice a year for cat shows.) phone no. 01480 830014.

Lucky Animal Sanctuary, Wisbech, 01945 585274.

Care For Cats (couldn't find a phone number for this one only an address)
5 Dells Close, Great Gidding, Cambs, PE28 5PE. They did say that they were a small rescue with limited funds so would probably be very grateful.

Hope this helps.
Kay.

deester
03-01-2006, 01:59 AM
thanks for the no's. I was thinking of taking it to the blue cross centre in cambridge simply because its nearest. they only have cats.

Amanda
03-01-2006, 03:12 AM
thanks for the no's. I was thinking of taking it to the blue cross centre in cambridge simply because its nearest. they only have cats.

Sounds perfect. I'm sure they would be more than glad of it Deester :D Why not phone them first and ask if they want it? That way, if like some rescue centres, they only use one particular brand, you could check for other rescue's in the locality and see if they would.

deester
04-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Sounds perfect. I'm sure they would be more than glad of it Deester :D Why not phone them first and ask if they want it? That way, if like some rescue centres, they only use one particular brand, you could check for other rescue's in the locality and see if they would.

Good idea. I was also going to check as the bag has been opened, i wasn't sure if the would have it. Smudgly was going to have it but the p&p is too expensive. Shame for it to go to waste though.

Kay
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Good idea. I was also going to check as the bag has been opened, i wasn't sure if the would have it. Smudgly was going to have it but the p&p is too expensive. Shame for it to go to waste though.

I am sure that any rescue would be glad of it.

deester
10-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Its going to Heydon cat rescue, its part of woodgreen. We passed this wkend and i called in and asked, they said they'd be very grateful of it. I also have some pouches of kitten food i'm going to take. And at some point i have loads of material so im going to make some pet bedding for them.

Fran
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Its going to Heydon cat rescue, its part of woodgreen. We passed this wkend and i called in and asked, they said they'd be very grateful of it. I also have some pouches of kitten food i'm going to take. And at some point i have loads of material so im going to make some pet bedding for them.

Great news Deester!! Well done you :D

yola
10-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Nice one!! I'm sure all the kitties will welcome warm snuggly beds!! :-D

Mags
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Well done Deester...I'm sure it is very much appreciated!