PDA

View Full Version : Fresh flowers for Christmas

Kazz
23-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Do you have fresh flowers for Christmas I ask because I went to get my flowers and the florist was overrun with people buying flowers:shock:

Jac
23-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I always buy my Mum flowers. My Dad said you have to have flowers in the house at Christmas. He died a few years ago so I make sure she has them.

Fran
23-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't usually have fresh flowers in the house especially with Claude and Clooney being so young and in to everything :shock: I do however have a planted Christmas basket that I have been given as a pressie and so far they don't seem to have bothered with it :?

yola
23-12-2005, 08:18 PM
I was just saying to hubby the chrysanthemums (sp) I have on the table are looking a bit tired (give em their due - they've been there a month!!!) and we should get some more.

After last year's episode when Fifi nearly died eating old lily leaves, this year I will get getting some different . . . I love fresh flowers in the house and will buy some in town 1st thing tomorrow.

Mags
23-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I always get fresh flowers and a plant at Christmas....hubby buys them;) :lol:

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I brought for my tall glass vase my favourite stargazer lillies and the white lillies (can't remember the name :roll: ) along with steel grass, for the dining room. :-)
And for the living room; yellow soli, red carnations (beautiful) and pale pink lizzies :grin:

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:33 PM
I brought for my tall glass vase my favourite stargazer lillies and the white lillies (can't remember the name :roll: ) along with steel grass, for the dining room. :-)
And for the living room; yellow soli, red carnations (beautiful) and pale pink lizzies :grin:

sounds lovely Kazz!!

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Flowers are one of the few things I buy myself on a regular basis. I adore flowers.:D

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Flowers are one of the few things I buy myself on a regular basis. I adore flowers.:D

I too adore flowers and have a friend who owns a florist shop. I used to help her out at busy periods and at that time always had fresh flowers in the house. Since I have had Claude and Clooney, however, I have chosen not to have fresh flowers in the house as I wouldn't be sure which were safe and which were not. I do so miss having flowers around :(

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Get a sharp stick Fran and keep them from the flowers;)

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Get a sharp stick Fran and keep them from the flowers;)

I've tried that Kazz, they just think it's a game ;)

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Your doing it wrong then you have to hold the blunt end and poke 'em with the sharp end:roll:

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:53 PM
:lol: @ Kazz. I knew I was doing something wrong :roll:

Kim
24-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I love fresh flowers and OH bought me some lillies yesterday. I must admit I don't tend to buy lillies beacuse of the danger to the cats, so they are well out of the way and the pollen bits removed!!

Jac
24-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I love the smell of lillies, I always remove the pollen stocks as they ruin everythig, from paint work to table cloth's.
OH never buys me flowers as he said they are a waist of money.......you cant eat them, what a romantic eh?

smudgley
24-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I've tried that Kazz, they just think it's a game ;)

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D