PDA

View Full Version : Must have cat

Kazz
23-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Is there a cat either "type" or colour you must have at some point during your life, ie you must have a British blue, a Siamese, must have a ginger tom, or a tortie girl? a black and white boy?

I just wondered? and was colour a deciding factor when you chose your cat/kitten or did it not matter?

Karen

Fran
23-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes for me It will always be a silver Bengal that I will hanker after. Moggie wise I had to have a blue one - now I have two ;)

Kazz
23-12-2005, 07:35 PM
For me it would be a tabby or ginger boy.:D

Fran
23-12-2005, 07:39 PM
For me it would be a tabby or ginger boy.:D

Do you know Kazz, I would never have guessed ;)

Jac
23-12-2005, 07:43 PM
It would be a Snow Bengal for me. Boy or girl wouldnt matter

Luke
23-12-2005, 07:49 PM
hmn would be a seal point summat, not to much about breed...just colour:D or a blue smoke Maine Coon:)

yola
23-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Hmmm Colour was a deciding factor with Balie . . . I had to have a blue. I went to see Fifi's litter coz her lil brother was orange and I had set my heart on an orange persian. Lil ****** bit me so I chose his sister (Fifi - lilac cream) instead. Darcy (cream) just came to us. However I still hanker after a ginger persian and would love to one day have a siamese - not sure what colour as I don't know enough about them yet :D

Gosh - didn't realise it would edit out that inoccuous word. Let's say little monkey then shall we ;)

Mags
23-12-2005, 08:23 PM
After I lost Sam, my big ginger Tom, I only ever wanted a tortoiseshell as I felt I needed to get a cat with a bit of Sam's colouring in it...

Jeanette
23-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I want a big blue (grey) kitty again... I miss my Oskar:-(

Emm
23-12-2005, 10:07 PM
yes I must have one of each type of cat out there :lol:

no colour wasn't a deciding factor for me the cats needed a home - I had a home....

borderdawn
23-12-2005, 10:24 PM
With pedigree cats I go for the temperament more than colour, with a mog, I would never have a black or a black and white cat myself, dont know why I always think everyone elses are lovely and the ones at work too! I love the gingers, my faves.
dawn.

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Do you know Kazz, I would never have guessed ;)

Why would you have guessed Fran? I am perplexed:roll:

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Why would you have guessed Fran? I am perplexed:roll:

I get the impression from things said and reactions to posts/others cats over the time that I have known you and of course your very dear Oscar :)

If you would have asked me my guess at your fav I would have said a big ginger Tom ;)

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm that readable :roll: but yes you are right, a proper ginger like the kitten Smudgley has in now the little ginger Tomthey rescued first, would be ideal for me and a tabby female.;) Wouldn;t want a ginger girl too close to Cleo's colour as she has more ginger.

I am starting to run names through my head............:roll: its an important thing naming a cat.....they do in my experience grow into their names - my Archie was a proper Jack the lad, Oscar - as gentle and strong as his name suggests. Cleo - as beautiful and gentle as Cleopatra:D

Karen

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:44 PM
So we are thinking a new addition then Kazz :p

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Not seriously I have always "thought" I would have a ginger tom and a tabby female.:D
But no other cats for me, I am more than content with my sleeping beauty Cleo. And would not want her bothered/upset by another cat. She is content and happy and I am relieved she has settled by herself so well. But she has become extra clingy. I think we reassure and comfort each other.:D So I will stay a one woman cat for the present and long into the future.:D

Karen

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:50 PM
For what it's worth I think you are making the right decision for you and Cleo at this time...but who knows what the future holds. The new arrangement is still very new at present ;)

Kazz
23-12-2005, 10:52 PM
No the future holds other cats I know that just Cleo and I will remain a duo.:D Because in our heads we are still a trio. I had not noticed till just but I still write "they" and "cats" instead of "she" and "cat" subconciously and I hope I always will.

Karen

Fran
23-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I had not noticed till just but I still write "they" and "cats" instead of "she" and "cat" subconciously and I hope I always will.

Karen

I have noticed this too and long may you do so!!

Moli
24-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Merlin was my must have cat,,,Always wanted a Blue kitten................

smudgley
24-12-2005, 12:40 AM
I've always wanted a LH or SLH black & white cat.
Just got a perfect image of her, she is female with a black coat - white socks & bib (perfectly even markings) and has long or semi-long hair.

Colours weren't a factor when we had our cats - just picked them 'cos we liked them. Smudgley was a surprise as we had been looking for another kitten & my husband went & got her - when I saw her I was in love straight away -

deester
24-12-2005, 09:30 AM
At some time I would love a british short haired blue. Won't be for quite a while though.

Naomi
24-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Anything will do me, I'm not fussy :D

I'd love a tortie and white tho

Donna
24-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I would one day like a BSH cat. Do like cream/white/lighter coloured cats so maybe one of those next.

When I chose Chloe she was one of four - she was the only girl and a Tortie/White. Her brothers were all black. Compared to the other kittens so was so beautiful with her big blue eyes and beautiful colours on her fluffy little body!!

When I got Misty she was a bit of a surprise. Went to see the kittens = there were about 15 in all and mostly black. Where they were, the kids of the household were allowed it seemed to do what they liked with the kittens. They were very rough with them and pulled them about a lot. Felt really sorry for the kittens and knew I had to have one. Misty seemed to be the one that didnt get to the food, and was pushed about a bit by the other kittens so I took her so that I could look after her.

Jeanette
24-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh I want Clooney!!!!!

Fran
24-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh I want Clooney!!!!!

:lol: @ J!!

LMC
24-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I always end up with a moggy with personality!

But I would love a traditional tortie, I think they are just gorgeous. Pedigree-wise - can't decide between a Russian Blue (for the colour), Ragdoll (for the cuddlesomeness), Siamese (for the sociability, although they can be very demanding - my Jenny is half-Siamese), Turkish Van for sheer good fun (although I hear the kittens are right little hooligans).

Guess I'm a one of everything before I'm done kind of person as well :-D

Colour is not that important to me, but I don't think I could have another ginger cat - I'd be comparing him or her to my much-loved Jenny, which would be unfair on him/her.

Het
24-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Well after seeing Molis pics.....a black oriental. Oliver is so beautiful, if i had another pedigree I would definitely look for a black oriental.
After that then a black and white Tom, I love them when they look like they have a black DJ on, my first ever cat was a B& W, and my 15 yr old Thomas is B & W...so I have a very sof spot

Luke
24-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Well after seeing Molis pics.....a black oriental. Oliver is so beautiful, if i had another pedigree I would definitely look for a black oriental.
After that then a black and white Tom, I love them when they look like they have a black DJ on, my first ever cat was a B& W, and my 15 yr old Thomas is B & W...so I have a very sof spot
LEts hope a certain madam has a B&W kitten then;) BTW piccies needed now!

Fran
24-12-2005, 11:01 PM

Have I missed something Luke, who's having kittens :-/

EmmaG
24-12-2005, 11:11 PM
After Lucy who was a tabby I am very drawn to female tabby's, I knew when I saw Bronwyn that I just had to have her, and she was already reserved by somebody else. I hope that I will always have a female tabby. I am not too keen on white cats, I never use to like ginger cats, but I would love a ginger male cat :) Strange how your tastes change. My parents always had black and black and white cats and I am not very keen on them now. I think I would always been comparing my cat to theirs (who I grew up with)

As for pedigree cats, I quite like a silver Maine Coon :) and some of the oriental cats are stunning.

Mind you I would give a home to any old moggie :)

smudgley
24-12-2005, 11:12 PM

:smt102 :smt017

Jeanette
24-12-2005, 11:29 PM
:lol: @ J!!

Well I do:D

bobbie3917
27-12-2005, 05:01 PM
i would love a silver MC now, i have 2 colours i like now i dont like solids so it must be a sliver tabby. Minx is a Blue tabby so i think a silver tabby would go well with her

i would also like a blue colour point ragdoll i dont think i would want a mitted seal ragdoll again

Kazz
27-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Who is having kittens then? I am confused:shock:

Fran
27-12-2005, 08:12 PM

I am assuming it is Het with how Luke has posted :cat4

Mags
27-12-2005, 08:13 PM
So am I Kazz.....who is having kittens Luke?:smt017

smudgley
27-12-2005, 08:14 PM
:-/

:smt100

Mags
27-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Is this a quiz?:smt102

Donna
27-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I am so so so so so confused that I now dont even know my own name!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mags
27-12-2005, 08:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Donna!

Kazz
27-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Het's having kittens - Arrrrrrrr I adore kittens :-D

Fran
27-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Het's having kittens - Arrrrrrrr I adore kittens :-D

No I don't know for sure Kazz, I only suggested that it was Het because of Luke's post :?

Oh now this getting confusing :roll:

Kazz
27-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I must of missed that did Luke say Het;s having kittens............good lord this is driving me crazy......where is Luke......LUKE:shock:

Luke
27-12-2005, 08:41 PM
I am here:lol:
sorry to have confused you all!!! het's mam found a beutiful tabby cat (ive seen the pics n shes gorgeous:D:D) and Het's mam thinks the tabby stray is a girly and is preggers, and i asked Het if she would have one if their is kittens on the cards, and she said maybe so.................

Kazz
27-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you Luke that is now clear.......:-D and Het where are the pictures:-D :roll:

Luke
27-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Thank you Luke that is now clear.......:-D and Het where are the pictures:-D :roll:

I know shes terrible with her picture posting!!!! she sends me so many of her siamese all the time but never thinks to post them:roll:

Its her condition you see, her *whispers* blondeness!

Fran
27-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Ahhh well that is that cleared up now :roll: Thank you Luke :D

Yes come on Het...WE WANT PICCIES!!!!!

smudgley
27-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh now it all makes sense:cool:

Luke
27-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Het's mam thinks the tabby is a pregnant queen but Het thinks its a tom, but in her words

"She didnt want to prod around too much on their first meeting" :lol: :lol:

Donna
27-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I am so glad you posted Luke!!

Thought we were all going crazy. Not knowing whats going on!!

Mags
27-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Phew glad that's sorted!

Moli
27-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Did someone mention kittens????I

Kazz
27-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Yep Luke did..........he did Moli; he said the K word kittens it was him Moli. Honest.:-D Not that I am grassing him or anything:roll:

Donna
27-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Luke was on a mission. His mission was to make all the girls on this site think they were going mad... well... it worked on me!!:p

Kazz
27-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Luke was on a mission. His mission was to make all the girls on this site think they were going mad... well... it worked on me!!:p

Well it wasn't much of a mission - we are all 3/4 mad already ;)

Moli
27-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep Luke did..........he did Moli; he said the K word kittens it was him Moli. Honest.:-D Not that I am grassing him or anything:roll: I think I understand now!!!!:roll: :roll:...............

borderdawn
28-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Connor said you are welcome to this kitten!
Dawn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/Copyofcanon15091.jpg

Fran
28-12-2005, 12:18 AM
OMG Dawn...Wiggy is just too cute!! I'll have him any day :D

Mags
28-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Awww that is so sweet Dawn, they both look so cuddly!

Donna
28-12-2005, 12:47 AM
OMG Dawn...Wiggy is just too cute!! I'll have him any day :D

You cant have Wiggy, Fran cos Dawn said I could have him cos she dont want him any more lol!!!:p :lol:

dinahsmum
28-12-2005, 10:29 AM
How confusing is this thread???????? :roll:
I'm completing my 'stuff I missed at xmas' catching up, and have read this from start to finish! Think I'll just go off for a lie-down now!

For what it's worth - I want a ginger tom. I'd really like 2 bruvvs, but if there's only one ginge I'll be happy with a grey or tabby/white

watch this space - I'll end up with 3 white and black girls with a hard luck story! :lol:

Donna
28-12-2005, 10:33 AM
How confusing is this thread???????? :roll:
I'm completing my 'stuff I missed at xmas' catching up, and have read this from start to finish! Think I'll just go off for a lie-down now!

:lol:

I thought I was going mental reading this thread as it was posted DM!! Go have a lie down now. I bet your head is spinning after reading all that!!!:-D

Het
28-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Just caught up on this thread. Will post some pics on a separate thread later today of the stray that Mum has taken in. She is a real beauty but very shy still and as i told Luke we haven't got to the stage of rummaging around to check for attachments. She/he is very fat though.Mum has been waiting for Christmas to be over to check with vets etc and to put some posters up see if anyone has reported it missing. They have a very large animal feed mill nearby which has a lot of cats and also are surrounded by farms so it could be from somewhere like that. She will take it to the vets to see if it is chipped and if it is perhaps pregnant

Kay
29-12-2005, 04:22 AM
I had always wanted a Persian didn't matter what colour and now I have 8. I have a cream-point, 2 x Seal-point, 3 x Seal-tortie point, a Tortoishell and a Red and White Bi-colour. But I now crave a red-point boy again which I am hoping to get next year and most of all a black Persian with stunning deep copper eyes, which hopefully Leila will have one next litter. Fingers crossed anyway.