PDA

View Full Version : Good news for my timid feline friends

smudgley
21-12-2005, 12:46 AM
I have 3 cats going in for spay tomorrow :shock:
& then I have an appoinment with another one at teatime for a vaccination, I will pick the 3 girls up at the same time - it's all go!

2 of them have been with me for many weeks - they came in at about 14 weeks old & had never been handled, they were timid & frightened & so noone was willing to give them a chance. They just need time, (something I don't have enough of unfortunately - but we do our best) one is better than the other, but now they are coming round to me quite well & I think I have finally gained the trust of Smudge (the more timid one) - Luckily a lady has reserved them & she is experienced & has already got a cat that was a timid cat when she took her on.

So great news for Belle & Smudge - they will be going to their new mommy in the New Year. Oh & she will be calling them Hannah & Paige :)

Donna
21-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Busy lady!!!

Hope your kitties enjoy their new lives :)

smudgley
21-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks Donna - I know they will ;)
The lady is really nice - she really loves her cats - they are her family, her babies & she talks about them like they are her children, but that's what these girls need, some time to chill & a bit of spoiling.:) I'm really pleased for them & great that they are staying together too.

Donna
21-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Is it your own cat rescue or is is part of the cats protection? How much time do you spend doing cat work??

Fran
21-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Great news Smudgley!! Hope they are very happy in their new forever home....

Kazz
21-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Sure they will be really happy in their new home sounds ideal for them :D

smudgley
21-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Is it your own cat rescue or is is part of the cats protection? How much time do you spend doing cat work??

They are all foster cats for CP. I have 4 pens & they are full most of the time. I spend as much time as I can with them, not enough time - but the branch are so desperate for fosterers I like to do my bit.
I currently have in
2 females that are very timid (they are reserved)
a torti mom & her 4 babes
an adult B & W male
& an adult black male (FIV positive)

So they keep me busy, couldn't do it all without my wonderful hubby who helps me with everything from housework to cat trays!

Kay
29-12-2005, 05:16 AM
So glad you have got a lovely home for the 2 kittens. Keep up the good work.