PDA

View Full Version : To make you smile

Kazz
20-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I thought I had posted about it once and I had over a year ago when "we on catpages" were first starting:roll: thought this might make you smile we need to smile more around here people.;)

Do cats talk to each other?

Do you think your cats talk? I ask because it's something that has intrigued me for years since this incident.
I have two cats brother and sister this was years ago and they were about 7 or 8 at the time. Cleo the female is about small average size for a cat, Oscar was real adventurer then and I think "top cat" in the area although neutered young he is a big cat. On this day I think my cats spoke to each other.
Cleo went out the front of the house(we live in a quiet cul de sac on council estate) she had only been gone a few minutes when she was chased back by a large b&w Tom cat, she ran in hissing and swearing now Oz (Oscar) was out. Cleo complained loudly and I shooed the cat away. A couple of hours later same thing happened.This went on for a couple of weeks Oscar never being in at the time, the B&W cat never made it through the cat flap though but terrorised Cleo when he saw her.
One day soon after Cleo asleep on the front and the Tomcat walked past didn't bother Cleo but walked past Cleo got up stalked upstairs where she was seen to rub heads with Oscar who was asleep on the bed Oscar flew down the stairs out the cat flap and beat seven colours of ehm out of this poor Tom Cat chasing him half way down the Croft and back until we saw them no more Oscar returned 1/2 hour later (unhurt) as usual but B&W cat hair all down the road. Oscar went upstairs where Cleo was sitting (having not moved) and touched Cleo's head and down she wnet back into the same place she had been earlier and went back to sleep.

Did she tell her brother about the bully, if not why did this happen the Tom cat never bothered Oscar. what happened between my two of them I'd love to know if they talk?

Karen

CathyW
20-12-2005, 12:58 PM
mine chirrup at each other,so they must chat eh??

Elfin
20-12-2005, 01:15 PM
What a great Story. I think all animals communicate with each other on some level an inter species must communicate.

Moli
20-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I am sure Oliver and Casper do, I watch them sitting looking at each other, then they have a mad half hour!!!

Fran
20-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Lovely story Kazz. Yes I do believe they talk to each other

dinahsmum
20-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Great story!
Who knows :smt102 That would make you think 'yes'

Mags
20-12-2005, 04:49 PM
What a lovely story Kazz....it makes you wonder doesn't it?:?

Kay
20-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Why shouldn't they...we do!!!

yola
20-12-2005, 05:25 PM
What a great story. I'm certain that cats can communicate - sometimes mine will do things synchronized - without even seeming to look at each other.

Donna
20-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Thats a lovely story. I would like to think they talk to each other. Seems nice somehow.