PDA

View Full Version : Cats and sleeping with their owners

EmmaG
16-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I wonder if anybody on here as got any ideas why my two cats will nearly always sleep with me regardless which bedroom I sleep in. If I sleep in our spare room they will 99% of the time sleep with me and not my other half. I find this very strange. He feeds them so it isn't because of that, I have one boy cat and one female cat, male is about 6 years old, female is about 2 years old) We both show effection towards the cats so why do they prefer to sleep with me most of the time?? :roll:

Kazz
16-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Lord knows my two follow me to where ever I sleep:roll: and apparently when on the rare occasion I am on nights they both walk thehouse restless and "miaow" so loudly no one can sleep:roll: :oops:

yola
16-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Mine will do that too. If I sleep in any other bedroom there is always at least one cat on the bed if not in the actual room with me.

Strange innit?

dinahsmum
16-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Do you think we females, whether mothers or not, have a hormonal 'protect small breathing thing in the bed' instinct, whereas those of the male persuasion just sleep......on their side, on our side, on the cat??????

I know I sometimes wake up uncomfortable after having slept in an awkward position, because the cat has insinuated itself right up against me; my OH never does.

Luke
16-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Hmmmn mine are the opposite, both are very male orientated, and no very female tolerant. If Clementine and Elsa walked into a room of 20 woman and 1 man, they would go up to the man.
My 2 have to sleep on the bed at night time, and if im sitting at the PC i usually have Clementine around my shoulders and Elsa on my lap, so they like to be close.
I guess they aren't very female orientated as the only woman in the house is mum, and the cats known shes more of a dog person. But then again the cats could just be being typical women and liking the men:lol::lol:

**runs for cover from majority of CP members**

EmmaG
16-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you think we females, whether mothers or not, have a hormonal 'protect small breathing thing in the bed' instinct, whereas those of the male persuasion just sleep......on their side, on our side, on the cat??????

I know I sometimes wake up uncomfortable after having slept in an awkward position, because the cat has insinuated itself right up against me; my OH never does.

I do that a well, I have only once pushed the cat off the bed in the middle of the night :-D the rest of the time I always sleep AROUND the cats :roll:

Kazz
16-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I never ever push them off the bed the only time I ever did was Archie my first cat and the next day - he went out and was run over I felt guilty ever since.:roll: so my two stay put regardless,:roll: although I do move them over if tey push me too close to the edge. And they never ever wake up regardless of what I do. even pick them up to move them during the day - as long as I speak before moving them they must trust me finaly:shock: .

Moli
16-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Leo is Robs cat and all the time he lived at home slept with him, now he sleeps with me, even if Rob is at home, so has switched his affections!!

Naomi
16-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Moli isn;t allowed upstairs to sleep during the night but during the day she'l sleep whereever I happen to be. If I'm at the PC she'll sleep in the floor behind the chair, if I'm watching tv she'll sleep under the chair I'm sitting on

Jac
16-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Mine either sleep or re decorate my christmas tree, or sleep with my daughter

Mags
16-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Cassie sleeps on the bed snuggled into me. Very often, when I have trouble sleeping, I go into the other bedroom so as not to disturb hubby. I'm in there 5 minutes and Cassie arrives jumps up, snuggles in again and resumes her sleep!:roll: :lol:

CathyW
16-12-2005, 08:56 PM
reggie used to sleep with me,but now the bedroom is a no go area,they have all taken to sleeping in the bath at night. (still LOL)

Donna
16-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Mine tend to wander around in night but always in my bedroom on bed in morning:lol:

Elaine
17-12-2005, 03:28 PM
My old boy Winston always sleeps with me. My other half says that I have a built in cuddle arm for him if he has wandered off and come back. He says i automatically reach out for him and he snuggles back down with me.

Kazz
17-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Snap Elaine:roll:

dinahsmum
17-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Yep, and me. I wake up and wonder how Mini got
a) under the duvet
b) snuggled perfectly into my belly as I lay on my side
c) without disturbing me.
It's that empathy thing again........................

CathyW
17-12-2005, 06:22 PM
barnaby used to get in the quilt with me but boy do those whiskers tickle :D

Jac
17-12-2005, 07:03 PM
The purring wakes me up:D