PDA

View Full Version : Cleo & Oscar - my cats.

Kazz
14-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Well Oscar is now drinking water from the bath tap :( he sits in the bath and drinks the running water, he is drinking more; but he's happy, and not in any pain or discomfort. And even though its been 6 weeks since his last steriod jab having no problem with his arthritis :-D and able to jump on the bed/sofa. Sleeping more but so is Cleo down to age I know, and the vet says they won't operate on the cyst.
Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock; you don't notice they are getting slower, thinner, older until someone comments.:cry: Then it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Actually it was a poem in my Mom's People's Friend that made me
melancholy and happy at the same time today, it reminded me of Christmas's in their younger days.

Memories of - the two crazy kittens who climbed every curtain and Christmas tree and loved life - the two middleaged cats who climbed the outside trees and the inside wardrobes and loved life, and now the two elderly cats who climb on my bed and love life.

So can I just say to all of those with cats both young and not so young please don't scold your cat for climbing the tree, for the time will come (I promise just when you least expect it) you'll sit here wishing just wishing they had the energy to climb your tree once more time.

The poem is following.

Karen

dinahsmum
14-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Kazz, you sound a bit sad about your cats' longevity. :( You should celebrate!
I understand 'where you are coming from' though. It's a shame we can't flick a switch and stop time for them!

Kazz
14-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Nah, DM I couldn't be sad about that and I am not sure I would want to stop time, the thought is good but the reality? I should look on the bright side - like at least now I don't have to climb the tree's to rescue them:-D Never been good up tree's and they know it.

Hence why they always climbed the highest tree.

Fran
14-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I agree with all you have said Kazz...What I'd give to see Lucky climbing the Christmas tree and playing with the baubles just one last time, go out hunting and bring me one of her once so famous pressies or run around roughing and tumbling with her feline friends :(

Kazz
14-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh God Fran I've made you sad now but that wasn't the intention.Honestly.

Fran
14-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I know it wasn't Kazz!! :-D I'm just feeling that way out at the minute I think :roll: It's really hit home recently that Lucky is so old :(

Kazz
14-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Scary isn't it - yet lovely that they have stayed with us so long I mean cats are capable of moving on when they are unhappy - I imagine ours are happy.:-D

Fran
14-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes very lovely that they have chosen to spend soooo many years with not just anyone...they chose us :-)

Kazz
14-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Yes very lovely that they have chosen to spend soooo many years with not just anyone...they chose us :-)

Yep its, lets not mention we have them in chains:roll:

Fran
14-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Yep its, lets not mention we have them in chains:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EmmaG
14-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I would have done anything to have another 10 years with Lucy. She was PTS at the age of 12 :cry:

Kazz
14-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh Lord I've made everyone sad now.:roll:

Naomi
14-12-2005, 05:29 PM
No I'm still happy :D

Maybe I will just this once let Moli into the livingroom when I've got the xmas tree up, if she happens to climb it when OH's in work he won't notice :D

Kazz
14-12-2005, 05:40 PM
No I'm still happy :D

Maybe I will just this once let Moli into the livingroom when I've got the xmas tree up, if she happens to climb it when OH's in work he won't notice :D

Thank you, and Moli may surprise you and totally ignore it my advice though put "unbreakable" baubles at the bottom of the tree. :roll:

Kay
14-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I just wish my Toby could have lived to a good old age. I had to have him PTS in May this year at the age of 10 months. He never got to climb up my Xmas tree so if Moli wants to try my out she's more than welcome Naomi!!!

bobbie3917
14-12-2005, 06:49 PM
i have had so many cats up my xmas tree but it only ever lasted 1 year :( all my cats have been so short lived Mittens :( Timmy (out side cat and next doors dogs got him) :( tiger (decided to move out after meeting Sally for the first time) :( smudge we did have her 2 years but she went missing for a week and when we found her she had breathing problems so we done what was best and had her pts.
for all you with old cats be glad that u have had All that time and love with them.

Mags
14-12-2005, 06:56 PM
I have had two cats in 22 years, Sam was pts at 14 years and Cassie is now 8+ years.....

Donna
14-12-2005, 06:58 PM
After reading this thread I have realised that I should not be cross Chloe wrecked the tree. It took ten minutes to put right again.

She and Misty are only one so I know I am very lucky that hopefully I will have many years with them. I feel selfish feeling cross with my cat now. If the tree gets wrecked again I will say that Chloe or Misty did it for all the pusscats that cant get in their Christmas tree this year.:(

Kay
14-12-2005, 07:01 PM
After reading this thread I have realised that I should not be cross Chloe wrecked the tree. It took ten minutes to put right again.

She and Misty are only one so I know I am very lucky that hopefully I will have many years with them. I feel selfish feeling cross with my cat now. If the tree gets wrecked again I will say that Chloe or Misty did it for all the pusscats that cant get in their Christmas tree this year.:(

Don't feel selfish but next time they do it just laugh, hopefully they will still be doing it to a ripe old age!!!!

Mags
14-12-2005, 07:02 PM
. If the tree gets wrecked again I will say that Chloe or Misty did it for all the pusscats that cant get in their Christmas tree this year.:(
Ahhhh what a lovely thought Donna:-P