PDA

View Full Version : Colours

Kazz
13-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay I am redoing the spare/little bedroom and turning it into an office/study. Any suggestions on colours?
Karen

Fran
13-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Difficult one that Kazz..not sure of your taste. Are you wanting to feel mellow, relaxed, alive or what whilst you are in there?? Just painted my dining room Crown's new walnut colour...it is a lovely natural/neutral sort of theme and I have incorporated cream too. Not sure how this colour would work in a small room though. How sunny does the room get?

Naomi
13-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Something either neutral or a very pale blue to reflect any sun you may get into the room

Kazz
13-12-2005, 09:42 PM
It does get Sun most of the day apart from the morning (whenI'm not in here) I'm not sure what to do, may have a look for a coloured wallpaper rather than emulsion. :roll: I am kinda baffled on what though, the floor is beech laminate

Karen

Moli
13-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Pale green, I love pale green, would have it everywhere if I was allowed!!!

Fran
13-12-2005, 09:49 PM
If it is a small room Kazz, I would be inclined to stick to more neutral colours so that the room doesn't feel too closed in. Anything with a hint of lemon always serves to brighten your moods and works well in a sunny room me thinks :D

Fran
13-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Pale green, I love pale green, would have it everywhere if I was allowed!!!

And green is one colour that I won't allow in my house except for my bathroom that is a turquoise green :shock: :?

Donna
13-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Pale green is very versatile. My dining room is pale green. My son wants his room green to support his football team. Other than that, a pale yellow always makes a room bright and cheerful!

Elfin
13-12-2005, 10:39 PM
blue is supposed to be a calming colour that helps you concentrate.

The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms.

Hope this helps:)

Mags
13-12-2005, 10:47 PM
My lounge which we decorated this year is pale green!:lol:
The computer room (which is the small bedroom) is done out in lemon plain wallpaper and I must say it looks very cheerful especially when the sun pours in.
My daughter's 'office' is done in blue and personally I think it looks a very cold room:(

Kazz
13-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I was thinking Lemon:-D great minds Mags :-D

Mags
13-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I really like it Kazz, it's easy on the eye, clean looking and bright....

Donna
13-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Other than that, a pale yellow always makes a room bright and cheerful!

Thats what I thought!!:)

Fran
13-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Anything with a hint of lemon always serves to brighten your moods and works well in a sunny room me thinks :D

and me :-D

bobbie3917
14-12-2005, 12:01 AM
i would say a nice soft blue (i love blue)
but i think lemon is nice with nice bright sunshine

yola
14-12-2005, 10:43 AM
D'ya know I was thinking blue aswell. A lovely soft powder blue that will be calming and won't make the room look too cold or too small. It works well with a wooden floor aswell . . . my only thought about putting yellow with a warm coloured floor is that it'll make the room look 'hot'.

But then I just like blue so I'm kinda biased. . . :-D

dinahsmum
14-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Lemon is nice. So is blue. But I am carp at colours. We've been here over 3 years and there are still way too many magnolia walls......................