PDA

View Full Version : My Terrible twinny;s

Luke
12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Well people never seem to believe me when i say how Elsa has struck best mates with our Florrie, WHWt x DDT. Infact i think most people think im nuts when i say this, cause Florries a working terrier and when we are out and about she seems to the local vermin population, but this pic shows her 'softer' side. Her and Elsa doing the, im oh so innocent look, they have perfected it now. The story behind this pic, i was 'dogwebbing' for five minutes and in thi time, the terrible twinnys sort to tearing up a huge sack of flour.....the whole of downstairs was white!! My fault really, i was baking and left the huge sack of flour out, and well the rath of the terrible twins struck again:roll:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Lu-1/Picture1920.jpg
see what i mean by the look off innocence? :lol:

Fran
12-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Lovely piccie Luke!! so nice they get on so well. I didn't realise that Florrie was a working dog...What do you do with her??

Luke
12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi Fran
she gets worked to keep the vermin down, she is in the final parts of her training now so sortof is skilled at what she does. Thats why people are so shocked when they see her cuddled up with a wee kitten

Fran
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
I see, do you take her rating then?

Luke
12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, she has been working on them for a while. But other than that shes a soppy lass and isnt what true working terrier people would view as a excellent worker, but shes my wee bear cub of a dog:lol:

Moli
12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Lovely picture Luke, I thought Elsa was a grey strip............

Luke
12-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Lovely picture Luke, I thought Elsa was a grey strip............
well she was, but different colours seem to be shading through. She has a lynxy cream undercoat throughout her body, and some darker bits (some say ginger, but they arent) show throught moreso than the others....

borderdawn
12-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Thats a lovely photo Luke.

Now Florrie is doing so well, maybe you could come for a day in the field with my Borders and me? I have a few properties with Rat problems and Squirrel problems, a decent worker is always welcome.
Dawn.

Luke
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Thats a lovely photo Luke.

Now Florrie is doing so well, maybe you could come for a day in the field with my Borders and me? I have a few properties with Rat problems and Squirrel problems, a decent worker is always welcome.
Dawn.
Tis allways a thought;) i dont get out and about as much as i would like to anymore, so we shall have to see, but thanks regardless:)

borderdawn
12-12-2005, 08:16 PM
No problems transport wise, we can collect you! and one of the farms is in Nuneaton, so is local to you, we are going this weekend if plans hold, interested?
Dawn.

Fran
12-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Ooooh Luke what a great opportunity for you and excellent experience for Florrie...get it organised and get yourselves off!!

Mags
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
What exactly do you do in training with Florrie Luke?:?

Luke
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
well she can work vermin now, but when she was little it was just basic training, she learnt a lot of what she knows off Polly so that helped a lot!
PM'ed you Dawn:)

Mags
12-12-2005, 10:15 PM
....but what do they do to start the training Luke?:?

borderdawn
13-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Dont think Luke has spotted your question yet Mags, I'm pleased you are enquiring about the training of working dogs, nice not to be judged. :)
Dawn.

Mags
13-12-2005, 02:28 PM
:lol: I'm always willing to learn about different things Dawn!:-P

Luke
13-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Well Florrie is of good stock, long lines of working terriers, she has blood flowing through her veins of terriers who would tackle anything, quite literally. She learnt a lot of what she knows from our JRT, but she did need training still. Basic puppiness of ragging toys and things were encouraged, then she moved on from toys to playing with a fox's brush that i borrowed of someone, florrie used to live for it:roll: so she got a learning for furred things so to speak, then one day we were on walkies and a rat scurried across our way and she saw to it.
She doesnt get worked as much as i would like for her to be due to circumstances of one or another.
Hope this answers the question in a manner that i havent offended anyone:)

Mags
13-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Ah I see....so did you train her yourself then Luke?

Luke
13-12-2005, 10:19 PM
With help from her breeder and an aunt of mine who is an expert in working terriers