PDA

View Full Version : Your cats first 'hunting trophy'

Luke
05-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I was wondering if you all remember your past/present cats first 'hunting trophy'. It seems a grim matter to discuss but in a way, i suppose, its sort of when you notice that your kitten isnt as soft, cuddly and dependant on you, and that infact your wee kitten is growin up. So can you remember your cats first hunting trophy?
Clementine was about 6 months old and one day brought back a sparrow, al be it it wasnt dead and ended up getting stuck up our old chimney:lol: :lol: , but still this was her first 'trophy'.
Elsa caught her first mouse yesterday afternoon, she was on the patio one minute then the next she came totting in, tail up, round face looking smug and a mousey in her gob, naturally i had it dropped on my feet which wasnt that nice:shock:

So can you remember your cat bringing back their first 'hunting trophy'?

EmmaG
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Arthur's was a worm :-D :roll:

Moli
05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Merlins was a Robin, I prized his mouth open and held it for a few minutes, then it flew away!!
Olivers was a butterfly..
Leo a mouse....
Casper hasn't been out yet so it is still to come....

Naomi
05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Not really a 'hunting' trophy as such but.....

Moli kitty gave me a leaf :roll:

She was outside and I could see her 'stalking' something. She comes through the back door with this leaf hanging out of her mouth and promptly drops it at me feet purring away and rubbing herself against my leg :?

yola
05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Being mainly indoors, no real trophies. Good job too as I'm terrified of birds/feathers!!

Balie did catch a bird in mid-air once (hubby was the witness to that). Bird died of fright :cry:

Fifi caught a dragonfly a good few years ago when she was less fat and more nimble (and could be bothered). She snapped it's body in half so I had to finish it off :shock:

Mags
05-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Cassie's was a goldfish from my neighbour's pond!:roll:

Moli
05-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Cassie's was a goldfish from my neighbour's pond!:roll::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran
05-12-2005, 07:24 PM
can't remember the first as I have had that many cats and that many trophy's over the years :roll:

But in the list of trophies, I have had...
mice
Pigeons
sparrows
rats
water rats and a
grass snake :shock: That was one of lucky's trophies :-D

Jac
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Got to be a live, frightening visious SOCK

smudgley
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
I remember one cat we had when we first got married called Tikka. When she was about 12 weeks old she stole my pink feather duster, she was killing it under my daughters cot & when I went to take it off her she growled like a lion!:shock: I didn't even know cats could growl at that point! :roll:

Then when she was a bit older (not much older) she came home with a pigeon, it was much bigger than her (literally):shock:

Now we just get mice & frogs from Smudge & the occasional bird. We did have a lovely white racing tumbler pigeon in our house once but hubby managed to rescue it & passed it over the fence to the pigeon man explaining how it must have flown in through the consevatory & that it was not injured but seemed in shock. It was only minutes later we found all the white feathers behind the settee & saw a cheeky Smudge not too far from them:oops:

whiskey
05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
i too have a long list but here`s a few:
a handle bar grip:shock:
frogs:shock:
bat:shock:
many birds:(
mice and normally alive:shock:

borderdawn
05-12-2005, 11:43 PM
i have only had one really bad Cat in this sense and he was on most occasions actually very good! He was the most stunning Burmese cross Persian, a grusome looking Cat, a real grim character with the most beautiful temperament, I lost him 4yrs ago, his name was "Jazz" he ONLY ever bought home Rats, Magpies, Wood Pigeons and Squirrels. He had taken my advice and killed vermin only! That was except for one occasion when he bought home a Golden Mantle Rosella! :oops: :oops:
Dawn.

Donna
06-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Mine have brought me NOTHING!!

Luke
06-12-2005, 10:51 AM
i have only had one really bad Cat in this sense and he was on most occasions actually very good! He was the most stunning Burmese cross Persian, a grusome looking Cat, a real grim character with the most beautiful temperament, I lost him 4yrs ago, his name was "Jazz" he ONLY ever bought home Rats, Magpies, Wood Pigeons and Squirrels. He had taken my advice and killed vermin only! That was except for one occasion when he bought home a Golden Mantle Rosella! :oops: :oops:
Dawn.
any piccies of him?

borderdawn
06-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I dunno Luke, he really was a grim looking creature, I'll have a look then post with a warning!
Dawn.

Luke
06-12-2005, 11:11 AM
ooh we dont mind, we love all kitty piccies:D

samwise
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Sammy brings in many trophies! I cant remember the first, but among his favourites are live rabbits, mice (also alive), birds, moles etc etc.
Frankie does not bring in anything with a heartbeat! She much prefers leaves and twigs! It is so cute, she is so proud of herself!:D
I would die if any of them bought a snake or a frog in! I hate them!!!:shock:

Kay
19-12-2005, 01:49 PM
When I was first married we had three cats Penny who only caught birds, Clyde who brought us mice and voles and little Tweakey who didn't hunt at all. That was until one day she proudly brought me her first, and only, catch.......

A MOTH!!!