PDA

View Full Version : Weight Differences

Donna
05-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Been puzzling me for a while. Not sure if it is something to be bothered about or not, but here goes....

Misty and Chloe are more or less the same age (Misty 6 weeks younger). Obviously both from totally different families.

Chloe was so much bigger when Misty arrived as a kitten but as they have grown Misty is now much bigger. Not only bigger but so much HEAVIER.

When I pick Chloe up you hardly feel you are holding anything. She also has longer fur than Misty so I can only imagine how thin she is compared.

Do you think cats can be so different in weight?? They both eat ok and have their own bowls. They both have a Felix pouch in the morning and one in the evening and there is always a bowl of biccies down. They also get little treats if they look really pityful at my dinnertime!!

I have wormed them both. They both go in the garden but prefer to stay in cos they scardeycats. They both seem active and otherwise healthy.

Last time i weighed them Chloe was 2.6kg and Misty was 3.7kg.

Mags
05-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I only have the one cat Donna so I can't help you very much I'm afraid.
I suppose it could depend on what 'blood' they have in them.....I'm sure someone will be able to give you an answer soon....

Donna
05-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Thanks anyway Mags!

Gonna go sleep now so will check in to see if anyone can give me some thoughts when i get in from work tomorrow.:)

Fran
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Claude and Clooney are roughly the same age..both 8 months old give or take a couple of weeks. Clooney is around 1KG heavier than Claude although at 8 weeks of age they were roughly the same weight. I think cats like humans are individual, some are large, some are small, some tend to gain weight easily and some not....all mine are different. Lucky and Maud are very petite. Sylvester and Matilda are very big cats. Claude is tall but very slim. Clooney is going to be a very big cat..hth :-D

Emm
05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I remember worrying about Mencius so much because he was so skinny compared to all my other cats - he is semi long haired but you can feel every bone on his body I took him to the vets to get him checked out and the vet said he is a very healthy cat and its just that cats come in different packages some are skinny some are fatter just like us.

yola
05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I have 3 cats (all from different litters), and one's a heifer, one's about right and one's so light that you can hardly feel him in your lap. They're all fit and healthy but all different. I don't think you've got much to worry about but if you're really concerned run them up to the vet for a check up.

Donna
06-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks for your comments everyone.

Feel better about Chloe being so light. They are both due their boosters in January so will take them to the vets and just get a quick health check whilst I am there. Sure they are fine- as you all say - we all come in different shapes and sizes!