PDA

View Full Version : Naughty deeds

dinahsmum
02-12-2005, 11:55 AM
What naughty things have your current/past cats done (apart from the usual kitten misdemeanours of climbing curtains/bare legs etc)?

I can remember

Watson (dec'd)- fell asleep on a cake I had made for a PTA event and left to cool on the kitchen surface! Better than a microwave heated pad!

Roger (dec'd)- obviously had an adventure somewhere and slipped backwards into a vat of engine oil. Came home and slept on two almost new duver covers I'd just bought for the kids. Didn't have a lot of money then and had to pay a decent vet bill to get him sedated and cleaned up and had 2 ruined duvet covers.:( Misadventure rather than naughty I guess.

Mini - unravelled my Mum's knitting and relocated 2 big balls of wool about a hundred times round my living room!

Mini - chews wool etc. Has destroyed many a sock and chewed the cuff off one of OH's rugby jerseys.

Make your confessions/air your complaints here! :cat21

Luke
02-12-2005, 12:06 PM
hmmmn this is a hard one as we have had so many cats that have been such characters.
i can think of a time when Sherman (no longer with us) decided our chickens looked quite tasty and he knocked down the clasp handle on the hatch to the coop they were in and well...we had 'free-range' chickens for a while

Elspeth (no longer with us), once dropped a mouse in, yes in, the contents of a wedding cake that was being baked, luckily she was seen doing this or, the guests would have had a not so nice surprise!!

Cinders was quite a hefty persian and once played jump from shelf to shelf, in the process the heavy gal knocked off the contents of these shelves, including books, vases, ornaments, keys etc

Clementine used to get stuck in places, a lot of places! she also liked to sleep in the veg rack and when she started hunting, this was her stash of her game

Elsa is a thief, no words about it she steals food, paper, socks, gloves, pantsempty crisp packets and such. She also likes to steal shiny things, i swear she has magpie in her :roll: she also chews material and tears wallpaper and such

so yes our cats have allways been a 'tad' quirky....

Fran
02-12-2005, 01:08 PM
This is a toughy DM as in nearly 20 years of being owned by cats there are so many funny stories to recall. The one that made me laugh the most I think had to be in my early days of cat ownership and married to my previous husband. He was not really a cat lover :( He made his sandwiches for work one day which happened to be salmon this particular day. He went to the pantry to get some crisps came back to pack his bag and his sandwiches had gone :shock: Lucky my old girl and Jemima now at the bridge where heartily tucking into them on the living room carpet :roll: My husband was furious and as there was no more salmon in the house he ended up with tuna for his lunch :lol: So the cats dined on Salmon and he had to have tuna :? He was very not amused but I thought yes! one up to the cats who knew he didn't really like them ;)

Donna
02-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Not really naughty but Misty wipes her paws on my wall after using the litter tray - very annoying!!!

Chloe drinks the water out of the bath after it has been used.

Misty chews plastic bags and i am scared she will choke one day!!

:lol:

Naomi
03-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Moli's pinched one of my shoes to play with, caught her playing with it and she just draped herself over the shoe and looked up at me upside down as if to say 'Awwww look you can't tell me off I'm looking sweet'

Emm
03-12-2005, 10:56 AM
in my last house - Confucious kept bringing in these bones and I kept wondering what these bones were because they didn't look like chicken bones - then I discovered what she had done - she had been digging up a neighbours dead cat!!! eugh! I re-buried the remains in a deeper hole! I was absolutly mortified by the whole thing - Confucious wasn't bothered at all.

dinahsmum
03-12-2005, 11:55 AM
in my last house - Confucious kept bringing in these bones and I kept wondering what these bones were because they didn't look like chicken bones - then I discovered what she had done - she had been digging up a neighbours dead cat!!! eugh! I re-buried the remains in a deeper hole! I was absolutly mortified by the whole thing - Confucious wasn't bothered at all.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I think Confucious wins Emm !

Kazz
03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Hmmm this takes a little thinking but here you go;

Oscar when younger brought back trophies :? one a Koi Carp :shock: alive. I managed to tak him back to the neighbours pool and was staked by Oscar who was in a right huff but managed to persuade the neighbour he wouldn't do it again - he didn't but I lived in fear I mean the one he tried to get through the cat flap was worth about 800 quid:shock: :shock: I was so glad when that man moved:oops:
Then he has brought back legs of lamb (cooked) chicken legs/portions (never found out who lost those, and I never asked)
He has tried to get a love rabbit through the cat flap :shock: - thankfully failed a neighbour told me when I got home from work he had amused him tilll he realised the rabbit was still alive then he came out and startled Oscar and he let it go.:roll:
He has brought in the house a Crow - which had an injured wing and could not fly hence he must have caught it have you ever tried to get a half live crow off a determined cat:?not easy, not easy.

But his oddest must have been his MacDonalds Chicken nugget episode.
one summers day I noticed him with something I took no notice off her went again and again on the fourth return I went to look to see him stock piling Chicken Nuggets:shock: still warm - no MacDonald's near me - odd I watched him till he had about 1 dozen or so I still couldn't figure it but then a knoak on the door and a neighbour stood there laughing apparently she had brought a family size Chicken Nuggets 20 I think and her son who was 4 she had noticed had eaten loads then realised he had been throwing them to Oscar who was sitting on the bird table in their garden catching the nuggets and bringing them home - the good point he wasn't eating them - taste my cat.

dinahsmum
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
That's a great post Kazz but your lovely typo (not laughing at you making a typo - do it all the time) where you talk about a 'love rabbit' made me shriek with laughter:)
(Don't you buy them at Anne Summers:shock: )

Jac
03-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I think one of the funniest cat stories had to be my OH cousins. She was fed up with other cats useing her cats cat flap asnd eating all the food so she bought one of the ones that needed a magnetic key (worn on the cats collar) to get in. One morning she got up and found her cat stuck in the cat flap with a can attached to the magneitc key!!:lol:

On s visit to the same cousin, we had chinese and were told not to give the cats anything prawn as it upset there stomocks. Well that was like a red rag to a bull with OH. He sat and sneeked prawn crackers to the cats. In the morning there were little "pressies" all over the floor and the train track the kids had been playing with.

Kazz
03-12-2005, 05:19 PM
That's a great post Kazz but your lovely typo (not laughing at you making a typo - do it all the time) where you talk about a 'love rabbit' made me shriek with laughter:)
(Don't you buy them at Anne Summers:shock: )

Okay I admit it it was a typo but I made you smile:-D