PDA

View Full Version : Sox!!!

Naomi
26-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Well I think I've found Sox.

Saw a kitten exactly like him in the window of someone's flat this afternoon. I didn't knock the door or anythng cos I know they are old peoples flats. The cat was the spitting image of him and about the same size as Moli. If it was him, atleast he's in the warm.

dinahsmum
26-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Wow!!!!!

...............................so what will you do? Dilemma...............

yola
26-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Nae . . . if it is Soz; he's YOUR cat. And although someone might have taken him in thinking he's a stray you have every right to ask for him back. Thing is - how do you prove it's Sox???

Tricky one . . . .

Kazz
26-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Okay if they are old people's flats ask the warden, I don'tthink given his age Iwould ask for him back I'd be happy he is content happy and most probably loved to death,But the choice is yours.

I think I'd check he's alright, will be kept forever and then leave it at that.

Karen

dinahsmum
26-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay if they are old people's flats ask the warden, I don'tthink given his age Iwould ask for him back I'd be happy he is content happy and most probably loved to death,But the choice is yours.

I think I'd check he's alright, will be kept forever and then leave it at that.

Karen

I'd do the same, get them to get his microchip re-assigned, and, if you want a second kit (I know you were thinking about it and the kids were asking) then I'd get one (another tom) mid-way through January, when the xmas excitement is over, you are back in routine, but Moli is still nice and young and will accept a playmate.

(PS - i would check that they want Sox, haven't just taken him to prevent him being on the street, but I expect he's loved to bits)

EmmaG
26-11-2005, 04:59 PM
That will be a hard one... I think I would see that he is ok, and perhaps let him new owners take care of him. A similar thing happened to my cat Lucy another person a couple of doors down started to feed her and she lived by herself so her house was very quiet whereas ours wasn't and I think Lucy liked the tranquility, I decided that if Lucy wanted to live there I would pay for the lady's cat food (she was elderly) but Lucy decided to come back.

Mags
26-11-2005, 05:18 PM
This could be awkward.....you say it is old people's flats, I think I would check how old the people are before you decide what to do. If it is Sox, remember that he has a good few years ahead of him, it would be awful if the person/s were unable to look after him in the near future:(

dinahsmum
26-11-2005, 05:25 PM
This could be awkward.....you say it is old people's flats, I think I would check how old the people are before you decide what to do. If it is Sox, remember that he has a good few years ahead of him, it would be awful if the person/s were unable to look after him in the near future:(

:( Oh yes - good point Mags. Mmmmm. Well you could offer to find them an older cat who needs a good home (through CP or something?) and try to get Sox back. Play the 'kids are crying, his sister is pining' card? Oh dear - your call :smt102

Kazz
26-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Tell you what ask them if they want to swop one kitten for one "ancient" cat;) I can box up either of my two and send them over.:-D

dinahsmum
26-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Tell you what ask them if they want to swop one kitten for one "ancient" cat;) I can box up either of my two and send them over.:-D

Nasty person! (not)

Mags
26-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Also..if and when you go to see them, take a pic of Sox and Moli together....it would make it easier for them to realise he belonged to someone else....

dinahsmum
26-11-2005, 05:34 PM
He's microchipped if there was any ownership issue Mags. But I think it's a 'what's best?' situation rather than a 'what's the law' one.

Kazz
26-11-2005, 05:42 PM
I think as he's a kitten and much loved by Nae and her family. If he is loved and happy there I would say let him stay - but its your call, but cats do move and maybe with the best will in the world. He will go back there. Your call though.

The offer of an older dignified cat still stands;)

Mags
26-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I just thought that by seeing a pic of him with his sister it might be easier for them to hand him back if Nae wanted him.....

Naomi
26-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Kazz can i have the older dignified cat :lol:

If it is Sox I'd rather he stay where he was. Moli is in a nice routine and is enjoying herself and the kids are used to only having one kitten around.

Kazz
26-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Course you can. Take your choice there is a pictue of both of them in pictures section. :-D

I can package your choice and he/she will be with you by the millenium.

CathyW
26-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Kazz can i have the older dignified cat :lol:

If it is Sox I'd rather he stay where he was. Moli is in a nice routine and is enjoying herself and the kids are used to only having one kitten around.u can have barnaby,wont say hes dignified hes got some nasty habits,claws u to bits/wont cover his litter deposits :? u cant pick him up.but looks pretty sitting on a window sill (makes a good ornament LOL)

Naomi
26-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Ooo now that's tempting :lol:

borderdawn
26-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm very glad he is safe, I would have to have him back though if he were mine, couldnt bare the thought of somebody nicking my moggy!
Dawn

Donna
26-11-2005, 06:55 PM
So have you decided what to do?

If it was one of mine missing I would want them back cos I would be so sad not having them.

CathyW
26-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Ooo now that's tempting :lol:u think im joking ?? im not.he dont like living ina flat he want s to go out n meet other kittys :D

Fran
26-11-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm afraid if it was me I would have to have him back and if the people who have him really want a cat/kitten then I would offer to help find them one of their own...but that's just me...

Mags
26-11-2005, 07:26 PM
That was my thoughts too Fran:(

Moli
26-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I couldn't leave him there either.....

Naomi
26-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I did think about leaving him there but the more I think about it the more I'm not so sure :?

Like I said I think it's Sox. I'd have to go just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Fran
26-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I did think about leaving him there but the more I think about it the more I'm not so sure :?

Like I said I think it's Sox. I'd have to go just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I know I would have to go Nae...take a piccie of Sox with you to compare. I hope it is him no matter what happens as at least you know then that he is safe and well........

borderdawn
26-11-2005, 08:21 PM
You will know when you see him if it is Sox, I hope it all ends well for you.
Dawn.

Fran
26-11-2005, 08:23 PM
You will know when you see him if it is Sox, I hope it all ends well for you.
Dawn.

I think she will know too Dawn but the photo is proof if these people quibble :?

Naomi
27-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll take a trip tomorrow to the flats whilst the kids are in school. That way if it isn't Sox they won't be so disappointed

Donna
27-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I'll take a trip tomorrow to the flats whilst the kids are in school. That way if it isn't Sox they won't be so disappointed

Please let us know when you go, if it is Sox, and what you are going to do. Want a happy ending to this sad tale!!

Jeanette
27-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Ooh Nae..

I would have to go and check. If for nothing else, just to make sure it is Sox.. So you dont wander about for ever wondering where he is, if he's dead or alive...

I cant wait to read the update tomoz:-)

Fran
27-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I can't wait for an update tomorrow too Nae....good luck!

Naomi
28-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Just been to the flat to see if it's Sox but it isn't :(

His face markings are the same but the markings on his back are diferent and this cat doesn't have the distinctive 3 white rings around his black tail.

Ah well

samwise
28-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Just read the whole thread with a smile on my face! How disappointing! You must have really gotten your hopes up, poor thing!

Naomi
28-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm glad I didn't say anything to the kids they would have been really gutted bless 'em

dinahsmum
28-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Awwww darn!
It would have been so nice to know..............
I still think he's in a home somewhere - you would have found him otherwise.

Jeanette
28-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh no:-(

I'm glad you didnt mention anything to the kids...

Mags
28-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Aww that's a shame Nae....if only to know he was safe.....

Naomi
28-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Well my neighbours are still keeping an eye out for me and keep asking me if he's returned yet.

yola
28-11-2005, 02:29 PM
What a shame.

Fran
28-11-2005, 02:38 PM
What a shame Nae :( But at least you have satisfied yourself that it isn't him...

CathyW
28-11-2005, 07:03 PM
i think hes found himself a new home

Jac
28-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I was hopeing it would be him, for your peace of mind. He may stil turn up in a window. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family.

Donna
28-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear it wasnt him, but never give up.

borderdawn
28-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Never mind, keep hoping.
Dawn.