PDA

View Full Version : cat loos

CathyW
24-11-2005, 03:46 PM
just bought a couple of cat loos for the boys,emptied the old litter into the boxes,and thought id introduce the lads to their new loos,reggie promptly curled up and went to sleep in one (me thinks ill be having probs there :D)

Luke
24-11-2005, 03:50 PM
dont worry, Clementine got used to hers after a day or so and Elsa thinks her 'big girls' litter tray with the flappy on is a BIG toy, but she went for a wee in it just now, i wouldnt worry BM im sure they will get used to them in know time

CathyW
24-11-2005, 05:38 PM
dont worry, Clementine got used to hers after a day or so and Elsa thinks her 'big girls' litter tray with the flappy on is a BIG toy, but she went for a wee in it just now, i wouldnt worry BM im sure they will get used to them in know timehope so cause otherwise im going to have 3 cross legged cats walking about LOL they havent used the loos yet and we have had them installed for 4 hours as long as we dont have any puddles n piles tonight i dont mind :D

Mags
24-11-2005, 06:47 PM
BM...put them in their new loo, hold their front paws and show them how to scratch in it.......they'll use it in no time!!:lol: Good luck!

CathyW
24-11-2005, 06:56 PM
think im in for some fun here,just found ronnie climbing on the TOP of the cat loo looking for somewhere to *go* i showed where to go in but hes not intrested!! oh boy :D

Fran
24-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Has the loo got a removable lid on it BM? If so, get them used to it without the lid first ...

Mags
24-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I hope the poor little kitties have been.....they must have their legs crossed by now!:roll: :lol:

CathyW
24-11-2005, 11:17 PM
think one of thems been,honestly my lots are real wuss pusses :D

Mags
24-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I can see you getting up in the night to check if they've 'been' BM:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moli
24-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I can see you getting up in the night to check if they've 'been' BM:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CathyW
25-11-2005, 12:02 AM
im an imsoniac as it is,so when im going on *walk a bout* ill be looking,just see me in me nighty on my hands n knees having a peek :D

Mags
25-11-2005, 12:05 AM
im an imsoniac as it is,so when im going on *walk a bout* ill be looking,just see me in me nighty on my hands n knees having a peek :D
.....approach it with a water diving stick BM, you won't have to get on your hands and knees then!:-D

dinahsmum
25-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Sub-heading - Plastic liners

As I've only just caught on to these I thought it would be worth a post to check whether there is anyone even less up-to-date than me who still doesn't know about them.
They are just great (very expensive, for what they are, IMO, but hey.....) and really work. Pop them in the litter pan, add litter, in time puss adds his contribution and you just pick up the bag/liner, seal it with a twist thing (provided) and straight in the bin. Absolutely no mess and no cleaning of the litter pan required.
I get mine at Tesco, next to the litter, I think they're 99p for 6

*sits back and waits for multiple posts - 'you've only just found these - sheeesh!'*

CathyW
25-11-2005, 06:49 PM
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa they have used the tray :D took the lid off one of them,and then later put it back on with out the flaps :D so far so good,
and yes i was on my hands n knees at 2-30 am having a look :oops:

Fran
25-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Great news BM...I thought taking the lid off may help :-D

Mags
25-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Brilliant news BM, it didn't take them long to learn did it?:-P

CathyW
25-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Brilliant news BM, it didn't take them long to learn did it?:-Pim glad as well,as barnabys had trouble with his waterworks in the past,and didnt want him to aggravate the situation,but they seem fine now,just some thing new i spose :D

Mags
25-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I think the covered ones are a lot better....they look nicer too....

Moli
25-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I can't get liners to fit my covered tray, its very deep any liners I have seen are not big enough...............

Mags
25-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I haven't tried liners....must save a lot of work though....

CathyW
25-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I think the covered ones are a lot better....they look nicer too....keeps all nasty niffs contained as well ;)

Mags
25-11-2005, 11:42 PM
No more using the clothes pegs eh BM!:-D

CathyW
26-11-2005, 06:05 PM
well good news on the loo front,the boysare now useing their loos with the doors on :D clever boys ive got :D all nasty niffs contained :D

Donna
26-11-2005, 07:14 PM
well good news on the loo front,the boysare now useing their loos with the doors on :D clever boys ive got :D all nasty niffs contained :D

Do the covered ones really keep the nasty niffs at bay?????????

Mags
26-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes Donna, I've had no problem with Cassie's yet......

CathyW
26-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Do the covered ones really keep the nasty niffs at bay?????????put it this way its 100% better than open trays :D

Donna
26-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Chloe has just been and the smell has drifted into the living room! Stinks!! Might just go get one. Getting through so much air freshener!!

CathyW
26-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Chloe has just been and the smell has drifted into the living room! Stinks!! Might just go get one. Getting through so much air freshener!!got ours from argos..think it was £9-47p well worth the money,we where using joss sticks airfrshers/plus in smelly things :D

Fran
26-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Do the covered ones really keep the nasty niffs at bay?????????

They seriously do Donna...if you get one then go for one that has the freshener in the top. You will never look back, seriously and I ought to know with six cats using them!!

Donna
26-11-2005, 10:01 PM
If it works for six cats then two cats should be no problems. Will have to look at these.

Fran
26-11-2005, 10:15 PM
If it works for six cats then two cats should be no problems. Will have to look at these.

I do have two trays for 6 cats Donna :-D and 2 of my cats very rarely will use litter unless they are desperate, so really I only have four cats that use the trays regularly. To be honest I mainly got them because Clooney is terrible at keeping the litter within in the tray :roll: but the noticeble difference in lack of odour since I have them is just amazing. Don't know how I have managed all these years without them :shock: I have to take the flaps off mine though as my old girl won't use them with the flaps on..

Donna
27-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I do have two trays for 6 cats Donna :-D and 2 of my cats very rarely will use litter unless they are desperate, so really I only have four cats that use the trays regularly. To be honest I mainly got them because Clooney is terrible at keeping the litter within in the tray :roll: but the noticeble difference in lack of odour since I have them is just amazing. Don't know how I have managed all these years without them :shock: I have to take the flaps off mine though as my old girl won't use them with the flaps on..

My problem is the mess the litter makes, obviously the SMELL!!, the sight of it and also Misty has a problem covering her No2's up. She also forgets to get low down to the litter when doing a No1 so it sprays all over the place. Such a mess!! Saying that she cant use a cat flap either so will have to get one and remove the flap!!! Stoooopid Kittie!!!

CathyW
27-11-2005, 11:44 AM
My problem is the mess the litter makes, obviously the SMELL!!, the sight of it and also Misty has a problem covering her No2's up. She also forgets to get low down to the litter when doing a No1 so it sprays all over the place. Such a mess!! Saying that she cant use a cat flap either so will have to get one and remove the flap!!! Stoooopid Kittie!!!misty sounds like she could be related to barnaby,he just does his biz then walks off and leaves it :? lazy begger .and i have t watch what he eats some dried food gives him a gippy tummy,and any food with gravy :?