PDA

View Full Version : Baby

The Piddler
24-11-2005, 12:35 AM
While most of you here never knew our precious boy, I wanted to share my thoughts about him and a litle about him..........
Thank you for letting me do this here.
Deb
Baby was born in a wood pile ~ and found his way into our home when he was very young. He was so dirty and disheveled that we thought we had a brown cat! After a good cleaning, and drying, we discovered we had a beautiful orange tabby with a snow white bib. Baby spent his first night in our home on Michael's lap - he was so very scared to be away from what he had known, he barely closed his eyes.
That was our beginning as a family ~ http://www.thecatarena.com/forum/html/emoticons/heartskip.gif

For the next 21 years Baby saw many animals come into this home and he saw many foster babies come and go as well. He was a 'mother' to them all ....licking and cleaning and nurturing and scolding when necessary.

Baby loved people ~ everyone was greeted with his head butts and demands for pets. Baby was alert - kind - loyal and loving. He was also very stubborn. That cat would wait for hours, even days if he thought a mouse had invaded the house ~ I cannot count the many he may have snagged over the years. Baby was also a fine diner. He knew what type of shrimp and what size he wanted and he would accept no other. Baby also loved his turkey - often eating more of it than us! He did have a special 'seat' at the table with us for every meal we ate. It is lonesome now there without him.

Baby could read your emotions ~ many a time he was the one that was there to offer comfort and in his wisdom, his support and love. Baby would snuggle and cuddle and pad his way into everyone's hearts.

Not once can I ever remember that kitty putting his claws out or being mean or spiteful.

His last year or so was long for him - his body was tired, but his heart and will to live was strong.

Baby lost his battle on Monday the 21st. His facial cancer had progressed to the point that he was in pain and unable to even enjoy his food. His last couple of days here he just wanted to be near us and would ever so gently climb into our laps and sleep for hours. His clouded eyes were telling us it was his time ~ that he had stayed here as long as he could.

The trip to the Vet was quiet - Mike and I drove the mile and a half, not even speaking. Baby sat with me on my lap, wrapped in a new soft blanket we had purchased for him. He never cried despite the fact that he hated the car. As we exited the driveway, he turned his head one last time to look back at his home........

He passed with dignity and peace ~ not complaining and not anxious. I held him and stroked him as Mike stood by him as well. He was at peace.
We kissed him and told him how much we loved him as we wrapped him in his blanket for his final trip home.

Baby is laid to rest under the apple tree in the back yard, by the river that flows at the rear of our property. He is resting with others that he had diligently watched over in years past.

Because of his gentle soul, the apples will grow sweeter and the river will run more smoothly. The grass shall be greener and the wild flowers that will seed and cover his resting spot will be vibrant with color and beauty as never before seen.

This cat, now gone from us, touched our lives in more ways than I can put into words ~ He taught me many things in this life. He taught me about love, forgiveness, patience, and trust. He taught me about respect for life and he taught me that it is fine to let go ~ to be at rest and peace.

May God know his love now and may he romp at the Bridge until we meet again ..............

We love you Baby and we miss you http://www.thecatarena.com/forum/html/emoticons/brokenheart.gif ~ we were honored you had us as your human family during your time here on earth.
Goodbye our dear friend
Baby loved to lay on the footstool - all curled up ~ http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Piddles/13_13.jpg

Luke
24-11-2005, 01:08 AM
oh thats so sad :cry::cry: RIP baby may you now be at ease

Naomi
24-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Okay now I'm crying :cry:

He sounded such a wonderful cat. It is surprising how an animal can touch our lives without us really knowing it.

He is at peace now and probably bossing your other cats that have passed before him onto Rianbow Bridge.

RIP Baby

Jac
24-11-2005, 09:19 AM
OMG what a way to start the day, the tears are rolling down my face.

Piddler, I feel for your loss. I think if you are fortunate in your life to meet one animal like that in your life. Then you are truley blesses.
R.I.P little baby until you all meet at the bridge

Mr. Cat
24-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Thank you very much, Deb, for sharing with us your beautiful tribute to Baby. He surely made a wonderful difference for the better in the lives of all those whom he met.

:smt049

Rest in peace, Baby! Your family, indeed your extended family, will always love you — even as you shall always love them. Good-bye for now!

:cat34

=^..^=

Moli
24-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Such a sad story......Run Free little one..........

Fran
24-11-2005, 10:51 AM
The tears are rolling down my face. What a wonderful cat Baby was. Be grateful for the fond memories you have of him. Nite nite Baby sleep tight x x

yola
24-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Deb - thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us. It must've taken a lot for you to write those words with the pain of loss still so raw :cry:

Your sweet words brought tears to my eyes . . . and please know that I will continue to think of you and Mike and hope the hole in your home and your hearts diminishes over time.

Lots of love

Mags
24-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I feel choked after reading that Piddler, he was one special cat.....
Thinking of you and your family.....
Run free Baby, no more pain xx

dinahsmum
24-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Night night, sweet Baby.

The Piddler
24-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Thank you everyone ~ how very sweet of you all to reply. It seem odd not to have this fella here after so many years, and to try and write about him now. I feel I left so much out ~ but he lives in our hearts and he will never be forgotten.

I appreciate your friendship and comfort *hugs*
Deb

John
24-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Baby looks like my Sandie who passed away a year ago september ,,aged 8 years ..had cancer.. I miss him so.. and yes tears are rolling down my cheeks..wait for us at Rainbow Bridge .

Donna
24-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I am crying too. So sad your Baby gone. He has no more pain x