PDA

View Full Version : Vets Again!!!!

Moli
21-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Leo has a nasty sticky eye this morning, and will not let me bath it, so another trip to the vets for me!!!!:roll:

yola
21-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Hope the vets goes OK Moli; hugs to Leo and his gummy eye {{{:smt049 }}}

Naomi
21-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Awww bless him poor Leo :(

Fran
21-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Awww poor Leo :( What time you going to the vets Moli?

Moli
21-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Not till 4.20 PK, its one thing after the other just now.....

Jac
21-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I think you should take shares out in your Vets the way things are going just now Pat!!! Hope he's ok

Mags
21-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Hope Leo gets on ok at the vets Moli {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Moli
21-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Back from vets, Leo has a severe conjunctvitis, he has drops and if it doesn't clear has to go back......He got his booster while he was there...

Mags
21-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Poor Leo......how will you manage giving him the drops Moli?

Moli
21-11-2005, 06:48 PM
[quote=Mags]Poor Leo......how will you manage giving him the drops Moli?with great difficulty, vets done it tonight,I will have the pleasure tomorrow!!

Mags
21-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I hope he will be a good boy and let you do it.......

Donna
21-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Hope Leo gets better soon. How do the vets make it look so easy giving pills/drops etc??? I end up looking like I have been mauled by a tiger when I try to give my kitties anything!!

Moli
21-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Hope Leo gets better soon. How do the vets make it look so easy giving pills/drops etc??? I end up looking like I have been mauled by a tiger when I try to give my kitties anything!!I have after owning cats for the past 20 years learned how to give them tablets!! but drops is another thing, by the time I get the top off the bottle, the cat has vanished!!!!:roll:

Donna
21-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I have after owning cats for the past 20 years learned how to give them tablets!! but drops is another thing, by the time I get the top off the bottle, the cat has vanished!!!!:roll:

I obviously not had much practice - only had kitties for one year! Had to give misty antibiotics when I first got her - i think i ended up wearing most of it and misty wouldnt come near me for days after the course was finished!!

Fran
21-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Poor Leo :( is it contagious to the others Moli or even yourself?

Moli
21-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Poor Leo :( is it contagious to the others Moli or even yourself?The vet say's it will not affect humans or the dogs, but he could pass it to the other cats, luckily Leo doesn't mix with the others prefering to be upstairs on Robs bed....:)

Fran
21-11-2005, 07:12 PM
that's good then Moli...:)

borderdawn
21-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Back from vets, Leo has a severe conjunctvitis, he has drops and if it doesn't clear has to go back......He got his booster while he was there...
The Vet should not of given him a booster while there as a health problem, its agains all manufacturers advice. I hope he makes a swift recovery and good luck with the drops.
Dawn.

Tom
21-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Moli poor leo i sure hope he is much better soon {{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Moli
21-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Moli poor leo i sure hope he is much better soon {{{{{{hugs}}}}}Thanks Tom:-D

The Piddler
24-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Moli ~I have a kitty with one bad eye and the washings and rinsing and medications are so damned hard! I hope that your Leo gets better soon. Over here you can purchase an over the counter antibiotic Vetrinarian cream that might help you if this is a recurring problem with him. It is called Vetropolycin

Moli
24-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Moli ~I have a kitty with one bad eye and the washings and rinsing and medications are so damned hard! I hope that your Leo gets better soon. Over here you can purchase an over the counter antibiotic Vetrinarian cream that might help you if this is a recurring problem with him. It is called VetropolycinProblem is, Oliver my oriential is prone to stciky eye's, resulting in the others picking it up, I get an antibotic cream from the vet call Fucithalmic, which sounds similar to yours, I can get this across the counter at the vets as its a repeat perscription...Thanks for the suggestion though....:)

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:34 AM
i have had nothing but trips to the vet since i gotmy exotic. When he came to us we were told he was sneezing, urns out he had all sorts of infections, had antibitoics for it, then he got ear mites, now he being sick. in 6 weeks of owning him ahve sent £100 or soon vets bills! they certainly know us by sight now
hope your boy is ok

Moli
13-01-2006, 10:37 AM
My lot are all fighting fit now, my only problems now is, Oliver has found his voice, and talks all the time, and I thought he was going to be a quiet boy..
Exotics do tend to get mucky eyes CJ, and always sound as if they are snoring, because they have such flat noses...

CJK
13-01-2006, 10:45 AM
well he doesnt complain when i clean is eyes and nose daily, but i have to wrap him up to clean the ears lol.
I did tonnes of research into his breed before i got him, wanted to know all i could to give him best care i can. but reading text can never replace reading others experiences

Moli
13-01-2006, 10:57 AM
There is always something the books do not tell you CJ, My old exotic Leo, he is coming up for 12, snores all the time, wether awake or asleep!!!The young one is not as bad...
Another thing I have noticed..If they eat dried food their eye's are okay, if I give them sachets of meat their eye's get sticky!!Sounds daft I know, but it seem to be true....