PDA

View Full Version : Stinky (ferret) and Siamese

Het
18-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Somebody on Dogweb asked me for some pics of my ferret Stinky and The Siameses, they are very close and often sleep curled up together...so I took some tonight. They have some feather pillows piled in front of a radiator with a blanket over the top to make a tent.This is their favourite place when its cold...yet again spoilt or what!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Het/mini-100_4513.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Het/mini-100_4514.jpg

Mags
18-11-2005, 10:05 PM
What an amazing pic Het...I've never ever seen a ferret curled up with cats before!!:shock:

Luke
18-11-2005, 10:06 PM
just seen these on DW, glad i asked, i love these pics, my aunty who owned balderick used to have the three cats, the staffiue and most of her ten ferrets curled up on the spare bed upstairs :shock:
i jsut love this pic, Stinky looks so content bless him

Moli
18-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Brilliant picture Het, never seen anything like it..They seem to be the best of friends...Your siamese are just stunning.....

Fran
18-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Ooh Het those piccies are wonderful!! how cute. Can you tell me what point colours they are Het. I really don't understand the points but I love the colour of the big one at the front...

Luke
18-11-2005, 10:12 PM
i think jazz is a lilac point fran,

Het
18-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone:D Fran Jazz at the front is a lilac point and Gizmo her daughter is a chocolate point. Maxwell the Seal point arrived late and squished himself in but just as I got the camera out again Stinky bailed out.

Jazz has always been best pals with Stinky, and of course Max and Giz have know him since they were about four weeks old, so i think they look on him as a littermate, and since he's been ill they seem to take extra care of him which is so sweet of them

Fran
18-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Jazz is beautiful...well they all are but I particularly like her colour. I think it's so sweet that they live so harmoniously with Stinky :cool:

Mags
18-11-2005, 10:28 PM
You'll probably think this is a stupid question Het but I know nothing about ferrets........can they be house trained??

Jeanette
18-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Awww that's cute Het:-)

Yes Mags:-) They use a catlitterbox:-)

Mags
18-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Awww that's cute Het:-)

Yes Mags:-) They use a catlitterbox:-)
Thanks Jeanette....that's amazing!!!

Fran
18-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Our next door neighbour has a ferret and their little lad takes it for walks occasionally on a lead :shock:

Jeanette
18-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes I've heard of that aswell...

Het
18-11-2005, 11:19 PM
They make fabulous pets. I had him neutered as a young un so theres no smell, he uses the cats litter tray when in the house and as long as his bedding is kept clean so is he. he is so playful and affectionate, in fact a lot of our visitors only come to see him, he is a very popular little fellow. I can definitely reccomend them as pets, although they do need regular handling especially as youngsters.He has been excellent with the other animals and we have always been able to trust him, even with the kittens...i think they were four weeks ols when we first ntroduced them to him, and straight away he regarded them as playmates. To us he is a very special little man.

Fran
18-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Where does he sleep at night Het? with the cats?

Het
18-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Where does he sleep at night Het? with the cats?

He has a hutch outside Fran, but since his poorly spell a couple of weeks ago- he had some kind of heart failure and spent a few days at the vets, they sent him home with not much hope, but he has pulled round and is back to his old self, anyway since them I have set him up Islas puppy crate in the porch, he has a cat igloo and his litter tray and seems very happy. I will keep him there all winter now as I am worried he gets sick again if I put him out in the cold

Fran
18-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Aww what a shame he has been ill Het :( Have to admit I don't know much about ferrets, I thought they were house pets :oops: How old is stinky? and what sort of lifespan do they have?

Luke
19-11-2005, 10:15 AM
i can answer that Fran, i believe its about 10-12 ish years, my aunt whom owned balderick after us, has 10 juvinille ferrets they are all going to be fixed this upcoming month, hers all live together in a converted stable at the end of the garden, but in the day they roam around the house with her Staffie and her now 2 cats, they are really sweet natured, aslong as, like het said, they are handled well as my aunt has one of hers who likes to bite your bum literally, all hers clime up your trousers and bite you on the rear end:shock:
Not so long ago infact, one of the ferrets, Mini, the runt of the all 10 which were 1 litter, fell asleep in my barbour pocket, we actually got all the way home hung up the coat then i looked around and saw Mini playing with Florrie, they are so very doscile if handled enough :) we had 2 whom lived 10 years, so a good age they both would play with our old dogs and old cats, so tey are very sociable :)

Jac
19-11-2005, 10:32 AM
What brilliant photo's. didnt think ferretts were that friendly. Our next door neighbour has 2. He's obvously afraid of them. They never seem to get much handeling.

Lorraine
19-11-2005, 10:56 AM
what a fantastic picture ,your cats are real beauties never seen cats and ferrets together thats amazing :)

dinahsmum
19-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Great pics!
I've always fancied the idea of ferrets but never met a tame one. They seem like real comedians.
Are they a bit hyper? ....... or maybe they're like staffies - crazy mood or sleepy mood? :)

Naomi
19-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Great pics!

Het
19-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Great pics!
I've always fancied the idea of ferrets but never met a tame one. They seem like real comedians.
Are they a bit hyper? ....... or maybe they're like staffies - crazy mood or sleepy mood? :)

They are a bit like having a kitten that never grows up, they do sleep a lot but they love playing, Stinkys lucky that he has the cats and the dogs to play with, theres always someone up for a game with him. He is a real comedian and loves meeting new people and making people laugh, and when hes having fun he makes these chuckling noises. He likes lying on my lap and I blow raspberries on his belly and he chuckles like mad.
And because hes been neutered and his bedding kept very clean he doesn't smell at all.
They make fantastic pets, I had them when I was a child and my grandfather kept and bred them, Bunbuns as he called ferrets

dinahsmum
19-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I had an uncle with ferrets (sounds like an illness, heheheh!) when I was a child but they were workers, outside livers and they lived up to yours' name! They also nipped! Haven't met one in the flesh since then.