PDA

View Full Version : For Yola (CP)

smudgley
17-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi Yola - I wondered which branch of CP you are connected with, just seen on your post that it's Reading. Are you a fosterer? I foster for Stourbridge & district CP.
Off to check out reading CP website.:shock:

smudgley
17-11-2005, 10:24 PM
great website.
I love the idea of cat cuddlers. I really need some cat cuddlers who could come & play with the kitties.:cool:

yola
18-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Smudgely . . . I don't foster but I carry out marketing, advertising and PR functions for Reading CP. This is what I do for a living so I use what I know to try and publicise their activities.

Sadly time is currently against me and I just am finding it difficult to fit in everything I want to . . . but our cat cuddling campaign was successful as it means cats have more human contact and can be homed more easily.

I need to get going on my feral-homing campaign . . . just havn't found the time yet!! :oops:

Stourbridge you say? I lived on Heath Lane and in Lye (Claycroft Place) when at college there (sadly the art school has now closed . . . ). Blimey it was 20 years ago and the road names came back to me like it was yesterday :shock: :shock:

smudgley
18-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Oh I see you work for CP:cool:

I did wonder about trying to get one or 2 volunteers to come & spend some time with my lot when I'm at work, just for cuddles & quality time & so they can have a good old play. We have a double garage which is in the back drive (kind of in the back garden) & we use it as an office & a chill out area for the cats. I thought if I could get someone to come & play with the cats - they could take them in the chill out area & have fun, there's a TV in there & chairs too.
We have a similar thing for the puppys at work (I work for Guide Dogs) & the pups come into the Breeding centre for a couple of days when they leave their mom & we have volunteers that come & entertain the pups, we have a really good chill out area at work, carpeted, armchairs, TV etc.

Perhaps I should look into it for the cats too.:cool:

yola
18-11-2005, 04:46 PM
I think that's a great idea and if it works with the dogs I'm sure it'll do likewise for the cats!!

Go for it :D