PDA

View Full Version : Outside?

Luke
17-11-2005, 02:17 PM
hello all,
was just wondering once Elsa has had her 2nd vaccination, would it be ok to allow her out into the garden? i mean as long as she isnt in call its ok to let her out, right?

Fran
17-11-2005, 03:06 PM
hello all,
was just wondering once Elsa has had her 2nd vaccination, would it be ok to allow her out into the garden? i mean as long as she isnt in call its ok to let her out, right?

I would think you have to wait a little while before letting her out Luke...my vet says 2 weeks after the last jab for pups so it may be similar for kittens??

Luke
17-11-2005, 03:12 PM
oh i see, i also was just curious to if i was ok to let her out still intact but not in call?

Moli
17-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Think she is a bit little to be letting out yet.....As she has ben so poorly, better to keep her in the warm....

Mags
17-11-2005, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't dream of letting her out after she has been so ill Luke.......

Fran
17-11-2005, 05:17 PM
oh i see, i also was just curious to if i was ok to let her out still intact but not in call?

I think she is a little young to be calling yet Luke, so once she has fully recovered from being so ill and has had her full course of vaccines then she should be fine to let out. Your vet may want to delay the second vacc as she has been so poorly Luke....I should ask his advice.

John
17-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Luke...I think if you let her out you would start to worry if she was o.k so I would keep her in saves a lot of stress.

Mags
17-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Good point John...

smudgley
17-11-2005, 11:30 PM
She should have her 2nd vaccine 3 weeks after the 1st. I would then keep her in for a few more weeks - let her get to know you all a bit better before letting her out. Then I would let her out when she is hungry & supervise her the first few times (she probably won't go very far at first) then as long as you get her spayed when she is young, you should have no worries about her getting pregnant.:)

smudgley
17-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I think she is a little young to be calling yet Luke, so once she has fully recovered from being so ill and has had her full course of vaccines then she should be fine to let out. Your vet may want to delay the second vacc as she has been so poorly Luke....I should ask his advice.

Good point - agree with Fran

bobbie3917
18-11-2005, 02:10 AM
and she may not want to be out side in the cold weather any way
you mind find that she dont really start wanting to go out till the sping